Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pacific Rim  (Read 2079 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
+1

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »
I'd still rather have The Mountains Of Madness. Fuck Universal and their shitty business models. Everyone knows playing it safe with a movie immediately places it upon the precipice of self-annihilating disaster.

I might watch Pacific Rim when it comes out. It's definitely an in-theater film, for sure.

I want someone to make a live-action version of Gunnm, and del Toro could pull that off I think, but it'd definitely get an R rating and be axed by any major studio that'd back him up until that point. I also want a Front Mission: Dog Life & Dog Style adaptation, or really just any Front Mission movie. Again, I think del Toro could pull that off.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:06:44 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:15:57 PM »
Looks stupid, silly and cheesy.

I am so in!

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 06:37:28 AM »
Hmm, looks like Cloverfield - Shakycam + GlaDOS x Giant Robots.  I was onboard until the Giant Robots.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:49:21 AM »
I'm onboard FOR the giant robots!

I'm going to use my consumer powers to say I want more giant robot movies! The concept seems sound (in a fun way) and I'm pretty happy they're making something like this. Hopefully if this does well there may be potential for more mecha based movies (such as TheouAegis' suggestions). Which Sony may be paying attention (or already has) with this http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-11-28/gundam-movie-domains-listed-under-sony-pictures?

Regardless, hype get!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
I see GLaDOS is branching out.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything