Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania - The Plot Hole Thread  (Read 77838 times)

Offline Ridureyu

• A boomerang to the head cooled my jets.
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania - The Plot Hole Thread
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
...But then Dracula became an old fogey and refused to let his henchmen upgrade past muskets.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »
It seems many of the inventions Mankind comes up with always appear in Dracula's Castle first.  Including (but not limited to):

-The Escapement System (of Clock Towers)
-Water and Steam-Based Motion Devices (Windmills, Watermills, Water Towers, Modern Piping)
-Lightning/Electricity-based Animation (Mecha, Robots, and Frankie's Monster)
-Early Prototypes of Machinery and Technology (Motorcycles, Blimps, Transistor Radios, Explosives)
-Anachronistic objects (Modern Office Chairs in the past, New York Pizza in the 18th Century, Positron Rifles in a 1999-sealed Castle)
-Genetic Experimentations (Melty Zombies, Lizard-Man Combinations, Killer Baby Fetuses, Homunculi)

...and none of this actually counts as 'magic'.  The stuff that's 'magical' and 'mythical' is even weirder. :P
Makes you wonder why Dracula doesn't just use his powers to drop atomic bombs (or something like them) on major human cities.  I mean he truly does seem to get advanced technology before humans do.  If that was truly the case, I would think that he would have nuclear technological knowledge (or something like it) before WWII.  He could just use it to wipe out humans before they even know what hit them.  Then again, that's probably asking a lot seeing how he always seems to lose in the end.  I mean he is fighting the Belmonts for roughly 500 years and has never won.  Then again, he rarely changes his battle strategy.  It's actually kind of pathetic really.  You would think that he would change his strategy after every defeat.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »
He drops Atomic Bombs of Gradius-esque quality (complete with Salamander Dragons) on Reinhardt & Carrie, boy I tell you what!
**doesn't know where that 'boy I tell you what' came from**
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ridureyu

• A boomerang to the head cooled my jets.
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »
Hank Hill?

Tags: