Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)  (Read 79654 times)

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2011, 06:18:27 AM »
24 hours until disappointment!   ;D

11 hours and 8 minutes until disappointment, EST! XD

But seriously, I'm really not expecting much. I'm more focused upon my baccalaureate right now (as I should be, I guess), and I'm not really holding my breath for much of anything CV-related. And at the same time, the suspense. It's killing me, and I don't think it should be.
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2011, 10:00:32 AM »
I admit: I'm not expecting much of anything to come from Konami via Castlevania (I'm used to something being leaked by now, given past instances XD) though I'm reserving hope: I honestly wouldn't mind another SOTN style game...I've been missing them lately.  :P Or even a remake of an older game (Castlevania 3 being my top choice) for the anniversary game.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2011, 10:29:54 AM »
I have always been saying I want a remake of CV3 with Ayami Kojima`s new artwork and great remixes of music. I hope IGA makes it. And than, I also want the 1999 game. Anything 2D would do good!!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
I admit: I'm not expecting much of anything to come from Konami via Castlevania (I'm used to something being leaked by now, given past instances XD) though I'm reserving hope: I honestly wouldn't mind another SOTN style game...I've been missing them lately.  :P Or even a remake of an older game (Castlevania 3 being my top choice) for the anniversary game.

Honestly, CV3 remakes are getting old. I'd love it if they remade CV3 in the style of DXC, meaning redesigns by Ayami Kojima (a new Alucard outfit would be badass), rearranged music, etc. I hope they improve the fluidity of the controls, though.

But yeah, back to the old CV3 remakes, there are TONS of homebrewers deciding to make a remake of CV3. You'll see them everywhere. There's Jorge's old Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse game (which was indeed the best of the bunch). Super Castlevania III, which was cool cuz of all the added stuff, but the creator's kind of... douche-y (no offense intended). Hell, even I have plans for a CV3 remake eventually. Then one guy happened to come along and remake Simon's Quest. Props to you, sir.

I have yet to see a good remake of the first Castlevania. Yeah, sure, we had Super Castlevania IV, which, in Japan, is a remake of the first game. We had Akumajou Dracula X68000 and that remake's remake Castlevania Chronicles. But here's the thing: SCV4 has a whole different feel to it, almost none of the environments are the same. X68000 was cool and all, but it wasn't exactly a remake of the first, mostly cuz the levels and everything were almost completely different. CVC was pretty half-assed, and again, wasn't exactly a remake. If anything, I'd like a 3D remake of the first Castlevania.

But oh. This idea of a CV3 remake I just can't get out of my head because it sounds so amazing. A Metroidvania remake of CV3. I would looooooove that. :D

But all in all, it doesn't matter what the new Castlevania is (if one's coming), I'll still get it and play the hell out of it anyway.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2011, 12:20:40 PM »
A remake of CV3 sounds like a good idea. I would rather have a 2D remake than a 3D one . And it has to be made by IGA's team. I don't mind if they make it straightforward, but a metroidvania remake sounds really interesting. I just hope they use Ayami's design for Trevor and Alucard.  Sypha  prolly looks like Yoko, but I wonder what Grant looks like, if Kojima were to draw him.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2011, 12:22:59 PM »
Honestly, CV3 remakes are getting old. I'd love it if they remade CV3 in the style of DXC, meaning redesigns by Ayami Kojima (a new Alucard outfit would be badass), rearranged music, etc. I hope they improve the fluidity of the controls, though.
That would be awesome. I rather liked DXC, so if they did that again with CV3, I'd be all for it. Then again, I'm a bit bias to CV3 (it's my favorite) so any remake as long as it's good, would do for me. LOL. Though I'll elaborate at bit more later in my reply.

But yeah, back to the old CV3 remakes, there are TONS of homebrewers deciding to make a remake of CV3. You'll see them everywhere. There's Jorge's old Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse game (which was indeed the best of the bunch). Super Castlevania III, which was cool cuz of all the added stuff, but the creator's kind of... douche-y (no offense intended). Hell, even I have plans for a CV3 remake eventually. Then one guy happened to come along and remake Simon's Quest. Props to you, sir.
I'll have to go give some of those others a try. Was Jorge's game ever finished? (I think at the time I played it, it wasn't done yet and stopped shortly after the ship or during that stage I believe.) I know there are quite a bit of homebrews but I wouldn't mind having an official one (with co-op) either.

I have yet to see a good remake of the first Castlevania. Yeah, sure, we had Super Castlevania IV, which, in Japan, is a remake of the first game. We had Akumajou Dracula X68000 and that remake's remake Castlevania Chronicles. But here's the thing: SCV4 has a whole different feel to it, almost none of the environments are the same. X68000 was cool and all, but it wasn't exactly a remake of the first, mostly cuz the levels and everything were almost completely different. CVC was pretty half-assed, and again, wasn't exactly a remake. If anything, I'd like a 3D remake of the first Castlevania.

That doesn't sound like to bad of an idea to be honest. It's make a nice anniversary game: a full 3D remake of the first CV. Or at the very least a good HD version of it.

But oh. This idea of a CV3 remake I just can't get out of my head because it sounds so amazing. A Metroidvania remake of CV3.
I would looooooove that. :D
Now THAT would be awesome. More so if it was co-op. ( I loved the idea of Harmony but hated that I couldn't play it with someone sitting right beside me. I was hoping that was the reason they were trying it...maybe an idea for the 1999 game since we know J. had help or a cool remake of CVIII with co-op.)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »
Does Konami actually have a press conference scheduled, or they're just exhibitors?

If they're just exhibitors, don't expect much.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »
Stop remaking games already.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »
Stop remaking games already.

Seriously. Castlevania has enough remakes/reimaginings as it is. Why does everyone on the forum keep asking for more remakes, sheeesh..

I'll take a brand new game with brand new mechanics/characters/story/music/etc. over yet another remake any day.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2011, 12:58:26 PM »
Perhaps if the newer games were as good as we expect them to be, we wouldn't crave the remaking of old games that do meet our expectations.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »
Perhaps if the newer games were as good as we expect them to be, we wouldn't crave the remaking of old games that do meet our expectations.

This ^^^

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »
Perhaps if the newer games were as good as we expect them to be

There's your problem right there. Asking for the impossible.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2011, 01:17:18 PM »
Most people will still prefer the original anyway, so.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »
Seriously. Castlevania has enough remakes/reimaginings as it is. Why does everyone on the forum keep asking for more remakes, sheeesh..

I'll take a brand new game with brand new mechanics/characters/story/music/etc. over yet another remake any day.

Well, then if not remakes, here's a few games that I would like to see.

1) The Demon Castle Wars in 1999, starring Julius Belmont. Only main Belmont without his own game. Let's just hope in his prime Julius still has his beard.
2) The story of Morris Baldwin fighting alongside Nathan's parents when they banished Dracula before 1830 (the events of Circle of the Moon).
3) A game about Michael Gelhart Schneider. Apparently he did something cool, otherwise he wouldn't have even been mentioned as Reinhardt's father.
4) A war game about Leon and Mathias's exploits before Lament of Innocence.
5) A game about Joachim's rebellion against Walter.
I have more, but I'll keep the list this small.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »
Does Konami actually have a press conference scheduled, or they're just exhibitors?

If they're just exhibitors, don't expect much.
Press conference is TODAY, at 5:00 pm PST.

Tags:

anything