Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 12/21/12, aka "The end of the world"  (Read 8830 times)

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »
Looks like we're ok.

In the meantime let's ask our friends at the Watchtower if they have a new date for us. Or have they given up on that?

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
It's not over for people in mountain time, pacific time, and whatever timezones alaska and hawaii are in.  :o :o :o

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 10:53:56 PM »
Maybe the world did end and I just haven't left my apartment yet to notice it. We'll see tomorrow when I go to do my laundry, buy cat food, and then finish my Christmas shopping.

Coincidentally, today, which is officially the end of the world because I live in the Americas, my alarm clock never went off this morning. I just double checked it. It was indeed set and the volume was loud enough. I think my phone was playing jokes on me.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »
Really guys? I had to be the one to post this?

So many people on my facebook posted this, it's just absurd.
Also, my friend whose favorite band is REM threatened to kill anyone who posted it before him.

In the meantime let's ask our friends at the Watchtower
Business men drink my wine, plow men dig my earth...

Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower (Lyrics) [Revised]

Maybe the world did end and I just haven't left my apartment yet to notice it.

(click to show/hide)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 12:37:05 AM »
Yep. And that is why they sacrificed thousands of people every year to feed their blood-hungry gods.

Somewhat correct. They Mayans did offer sacrifice but it was only the women and it was a single individual who was chosen. The chosen woman would be taken up to the top of the sacred mountain where the Mayans believed the Gods dwelt there-in. The woman would be left there to die aka be the sacrifice. It is the Aztecs that did all the murdering in the thousands before and during the Spanish invasion. And while the Mayans had the calender that predicted the end of the current cycle and the beginning of the new one which were are now in, the Aztecs had a sacrificial calender which they used to keep track of the times of blood offerings to their gods.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 02:30:55 AM »
So, what were suppose to be the effect of the end of the world if it did happen?

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 05:56:34 AM »
Boy that was the worst apocalypse since the world ended according to Harold Camping's prediction on the 21st of October 2011, which was the worst one since Y2K. Which was the worst since Pat Robertson said it would end in 1982...

End of the world?
Does that mean we all go to hell?
FINALLY!

Megadeth - Go To Hell

We got better
The Darkness - One Way Ticket To Hell... And Back (Uncensored)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »
+1
I got up early and left to do two loads of laundry at the laundromat this morning.

They were closed.

For a whole fucking week they've been closed.

The world may as well have ended. I had to walk another 8 blocks to a coin-op laundromat that cost me $1.50 more and my clothes weren't even dry AND I forgot to put my coats in the wash, so my coats still stink.

Fucking Mayans. I wish they'd just piss off and die.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 11:17:33 PM »

Fucking Mayans. I wish they'd just piss off and die.
Too late.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
  • I've faced better odds:Have at you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 12:10:23 AM »
Hmph...I knew their teaching were false.....
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Tags:

anything