Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)  (Read 73085 times)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)
« on: October 08, 2010, 06:43:53 PM »
After beating the game last night i was thinking long and hard about what the ending leaves us with. The obvious aside, I see two possibilities for continuing the story with a Belmont as the main character. A.) Gabriel had a son with Marie before her death and B.) Gabriel tried to move on remarried and had a son. After the end of Los or shortly after B he disappears because he can't take being away from Marie anymore and tries to ascend like the Lords of Shadow did to be with her. He succeeds but his shadow half remains with all the pain and hate, still angry because he is without his beloved and thus we have Dracula.

Also I'm trying to figure out how they would get the Axe to work in 3D. I already thought about the boomerang (Just throw the combat cross duh). Just a thought if they were to try to add some things in the sequel.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:08:42 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »
Gabriel is not a Belmont by blood.  As such, there's no need for him to have children, since we can have actual Belmont warriors (check his character entry).
Yeah I do believe the Gabriel "Dark Half" is the being whom you see in the ending.  The real Gabriel probably lived a normal life (albeit a sad one without Marie), grew old, had a kid with someone new, called him Mathias, and died, while his dark half secretly just waited him out.

Then, Dark Gabriel went and stole his precious Ebony/Crimson Stones once Mathias picked 'em up.  BwahahahaDraculaTime! >_>

Of course, this is mostly joking, haha.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:38:18 PM »
I know but it doesn't make sense that they would have a character named Belmont then just make another character named Belmont who isn't blood related. Plus it would be sooo epic if Gabriel's descendants had to fight him. It would be like "Simon, I am your great great great great great great great great grandfather! Have at you!

Offline eternal night

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
(Haven't posted here in *years*. Been lurking in the shadows though...)

Anways, according to Gabe's Bio in the stragegy guide, it is hinted that his actual bloodline is that of Cronqvist lineage. He later chose the surname "Belmont" because of his love of the moutains.

I would predict that future protaganists in the series would have the last name of Cronqvist or Belmont. Possibly both.

An interesting thing to note here is that if Alucard ever shows up in the series, he would not only be the son of Dracula(Gabe) but also part Belmont/(Cronqvist).

One question I have on the post-credit trailer is this. When they are discussing where it is they've been after "all these years"...Do you guys think that this present-day meeting is the first time they've seen each other since the year 1047? Or do you believe that Gabe/Drac & Zobek/Death formed an alliance hundreds of years in the past and had a working relationship as was seen in the "IGA' timeline?

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »
well Gabe doesnt seem too surprised at the fact that Zobek is still alive, last time they saw each other Zobek was being cooked. Im thinking more like its only been a couple hundred years since they last saw each other? Imo it looks like Gabeula just got resurrected, he looks emaciated and he tries to bite Zobek who overpowers him (another sign that Gabeula is in a weakened state).

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 09:12:39 PM »
Well, it's possible that the "Gabriel" Zobek knows (the one you play in the game) isn't the Gabe/Drac (after the ending) Zobek meets at the end.  That is, the dark Gabriel.  If you recall, 'Zobek' gets manipulated and gets nullified or something by Satan.  We do not see him die, so he might revert to his regular Zobek guise.

Also, it's REALLY COOL that they meet in what looks like New York.  I swear i've walked by a similar church in my NYC adventures.

Randomly gothic pics (of course, these are during the day). ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:27:16 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline eternal night

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 09:43:45 PM »
Now if I had a church like that in my town, I might actually reconsider my religious beliefs! :P

You're right though, Gabeula doesn't show any surprise at Zobek tracking him down, which leads us to believe they've had a much deeper history/relationship together that spans past the events of LOS.

Curious that Gabeula has chosen to "hide" in a seemingly random church as opposed to castlevania itself. Theories on this?

At any rate, I can't wait to see how this all unfolds! We've seen the epic "orgin story" and even a glimpse at the future "end-game" with Dracula/Zobek preparing for Satan's 2nd coming. Everything in-between is just icing on the cake!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:58:40 PM »
The only sequel idea I have so far for this is kill the shimmying and make the music more fitting for the HORROR part of the game.

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 10:28:31 PM »
Now if I had a church like that in my town, I might actually reconsider my religious beliefs! :P

You're right though, Gabeula doesn't show any surprise at Zobek tracking him down, which leads us to believe they've had a much deeper history/relationship together that spans past the events of LOS.

Curious that Gabeula has chosen to "hide" in a seemingly random church as opposed to castlevania itself. Theories on this?

At any rate, I can't wait to see how this all unfolds! We've seen the epic "orgin story" and even a glimpse at the future "end-game" with Dracula/Zobek preparing for Satan's 2nd coming. Everything in-between is just icing on the cake!

He might be tired of fighting or as I said earlier he just resurrected not too long ago and needs some time to gather strength

Edit*Just rewatched the cutscene. Gabriel seems to be a little angry once he realizes it is zobek you can tell by the way he grips his chair. which leads me to believe that perhaps he hasn't seen zobek since he betrayed him which is why Gabe still harbors anger towards him. Idk maybe Gabe is the protagonist in the sequel and he has to descend into hell to fight satan or something? I'm not sure how well that would go over.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:41:35 PM by StriderKumori »

Offline Verboten

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 12:07:59 AM »
This is bugging the crap out of me. How do you get Zobek's part of the mask when you don't even fight or kill him? Plot hole?

I'm guessing Laura will be in the next game since Zobek said that she may yet have some part to play in the story, when we last saw her. I don't know, I kept expecting her to help you kill Camilla or something.

I'm not too keen on the idea of Castlevania taking place in contemporary times, which seems to be the way things are headed. The way Iga did it it was at least sort of out of sight, out of mind.

Offline eternal night

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »
I was wondering that myself. Zobek was to be the 3rd LoS and yet Gabe recieves the final piece of the mask after defeating the Dragon? or was it the 2nd Necromancer...Can't remember now.

I'm not concerned or worried too much about the time-setting that the post-credit ending showed. I think it's unlikely that the DLC or even the sequel will take place during present day times, and even if it did, it's doubtful it would take place in such a city like new york or something. It would probably fall back to remote parts of Romania, where neon signs and technology are hardly prevalent, if at all. Regardless of what century it is, forrests, castles and countrysides exist. The gothic atmosphere that we are all fond of in these games will live on no matter what year it is.

Offline Grim Fandango

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 12:54:56 AM »
I thought the end set up a pretty clear sequel trajectory.  Some time in the present, or near future, or recent past, whatever, Satan's lackeys arrange for his return and Zobek, still alive after however many centuries is all panicky because he's on the shortlist for Satan's revenge.  He finds the one person, er...thing, that has beaten Satan before, Gabe, or Dracula, as he now calls himself.  He goes to Drac, tells him what's up, and the scene plays out as it does.  I don't why people have trouble accepting that this game isn't tying back into the old continuity.  This is a new world, with new lore, and any connections to previous games are just in there as nods to the past.  If Mercury Steam get to make a sequel, which is anything but certain, I think the last thing they want is to drag the old, convoluted canon into their new series.  Gabriel Belmont is likely to be the only Belmont we meet, and I'd be shocked if a sequel didn't involve Drac as the playable character.

Offline eternal night

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 01:12:23 AM »
No you're probably right. The more I think about it, the more I say it's pretty likely that we will get to play as Dracula in the sequel. I suspect the DLC we get in the coming months will supply us the chapters that paint Gabriel's fall to darkness, most likely in the form of him ascending into Heaven as the founders did and in turn, leaving his dark side half back on earth, which we will get to play as.

I still would not rule out an "in-between" story to fill in that nearly 1000 year gap though.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 05:27:34 AM »
This is starting to sound like Legacy of Kain or Soul Reaver now.  Which is.... awesome! :D
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 09:04:01 AM »
Hoping it leans more towards soul reaver tbh.

Tags: