Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)  (Read 72343 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2010, 08:00:39 PM »
To clarify, Zobek became "Lord of the Dead" right after his good half ascended into Heaven. He is basically the Death of this new LoS-timeline.. which is why he's still around in the epilogue.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2010, 08:14:27 PM »
But Satan wore the mask and he wasn't Zobek. zobek is just zobek.

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »

Zobek is Death. Third Lord of Shadow, of the Dead

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:21:36 PM by Heuss »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2010, 08:22:17 PM »
I'm talking about DEVIL'S MASK not God mask, Devil's Mask was the one Zobek used to become the lord of the Dead, God's mask the one Satan used and Zobek wanted. my theory is, Devil's mask contains Lord of the Dead's power and soul. That's why Zobek is alive and well in 1999 (?) (And why he's different then) Devil's mask was not destroyed.

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2010, 08:23:27 PM »
zobek is zobek is zobek is death is zobek

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2010, 08:25:45 PM »
zobek is zobek is zobek is death is zobek
Dumbest post ever? :P :joke:
Yeah Zobek is essentially Death (He said "The third Lord, Death himself" in a level prologue) however that doesn't mean he's OUR Death. That one is probably a major Necromancer that teamed with Gabriel somehow.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:31:15 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »
I don't see what all the confusion is about. There is no Death like we know him in the previous games (Incarnate) Zobek is just a very powerful necromancer with power over the dead just like Cornell is master of the werewolf and Carmilla of the vampires. Besides, the three lords represent the 3 powers of Dracula: The vampire we all know him as, the wolf that he can transform into(although he never does :P Alucard uses it), and the ability to resurrect and command death.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2010, 03:08:45 AM »
I just hope that if future games elaborate on Gabriel becoming Dracula, they don't spell every little detail out for us, like the Metal Gear series. Not necessarily saying this will happen if Kojima Productions stays involved with future games, but I digress.

Also, I'm kinda hoping Dracula doesn't become a protagonist for any of the games. I'd rather him stay as the main villain of the series more than anything else. And I really hope they don't start the sequel off in present day, either. Don't think they will, but who knows.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »
I don't see what all the confusion is about. There is no Death like we know him in the previous games (Incarnate) Zobek is just a very powerful necromancer with power over the dead just like Cornell is master of the werewolf and Carmilla of the vampires. Besides, the three lords represent the 3 powers of Dracula: The vampire we all know him as, the wolf that he can transform into(although he never does :P Alucard uses it), and the ability to resurrect and command death.

And yet we go back to the prophecy that was established in the game. "A Pure Hearted Warrior will claim the power of the Lords of Shadow as his own"

This may very well allude to his eventual transformation into Dracula, as in Gabriel's mastery over the three powers that Dracula had dominance over individually. It may well be that because he has mastery over those powers is the very reason he became Dracula.

It would make sense if you look at it from that perspective.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2010, 08:23:25 AM »
Though I wonder why Gabe becomes a vampire and not a lycan, or a necromancer even. Or maybe, as Dracula, he is all of them? Was he bitten by a vampire? In the Carmilla battle I watched (as I mentioned before, I did not play the game) he is bitten by Carmilla, but I don't think that was scripted. It just looked like Carmillas grabbing move. Damn it's hard to know these things when you haven't actually played the game yourself, lol!

Also, what do you think became of the Combat Cross/Vampire Killer? Does Gabe still have it even after he becomes Dracula? You don't see it in the ending. It would make sense if the Vampire Killer is the only weapon that can defeat Dracula, since it's the weapon that kind of made Gabriel into Drac. If he had used it to kill Marie and Claudia too, that theory would've been even more appropriate. The weapon would be OMG CURSED and Dracula would fear it cause it's stained with his.. dunno... sins.

But that unfortunately didn't happen.

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2010, 08:58:19 AM »
He is all of them. Vampire is the easiest to look at lololol
Who knows we may see him change into other forms in later games?
As far as the combat cross goes its still to early to tell. They might have a new protagonist use a broken version of it that he finds years after lords of shadow take place.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:01:37 AM by Alutwon »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2010, 02:37:08 PM »

I also wonder why Zobek killed Baba Yaga? He said something about Baba mentioning the "King of Angels" or something, which he didn't like. I may need to go back and watch that cutscene again...

Or did Zobek just kill her because Baba was distracting Gabriel with the scarecrow quest and the musical box? Though Gabe really had no choice. If Zobek wanted him to get to the Land of the Dead quicker, he should've told Gabe how to get there. Though maybe that would've been suspicious... However, I don't quite understand why Zobek didn't attempt to take the two pieces of the mask from Gabe immediately after he killed Carmilla. He already had the final piece...

On topic: I really hope that Mercury Steam spends as much time on the environments in the sequel, even if the game takes place in present day. Everything from the landscapes to the architecture was soooo darn beautiful and varied.

Also, about the sequel; The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe that the next game WILL in fact have a modern setting. Dave Cox already said he doesn't want to become "Mr Castlevania" and that he would like to make one more game and then pass the torch to someone else. With that in mind the sequel to LoS should deal with the things that happens in the ending, or else it will never ever be touched upon. Unless Mercury Steam makes a third and even fourth Castlevania without Cox involvement.

I bet the next game will be:
1) NYC-esque setting
2) Dracula goes to defeat Satan

Or maybe not at all. Dunno.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »
I'd love to go rooftop-jumping with a modern Belmont, looking for Drac somewhere in New York.  There are a lot of really cool Gothic places in NYC where he looks like he could lurk.  And locales that serve a Castlevania purpose, too.

There are sewers, some areas of Central Park at night, the Chrysler Building...

...wait, now I wanna play Parasite Eve! xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline ZenTzen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2010, 03:10:24 PM »
please no

i dont want the next game to be in the future, with all the potential for new storys, new and old characters, the whole Dracula/Belmont dinamic, and retellings that future games have with the 900 plus years from each point and putting the next game right in the future would waste all that potential

Also about the Zobek discussion, the character entry for Lord of the Dead describes him as death personified, yeah not the traditional Death from the older CVs, but still, he is Death nonetheless

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »
I'd love to go rooftop-jumping with a modern Belmont, looking for Drac somewhere in New York.  There are a lot of really cool Gothic places in NYC where he looks like he could lurk.  And locales that serve a Castlevania purpose, too.

There are sewers, some areas of Central Park at night, the Chrysler Building...

...wait, now I wanna play Parasite Eve! xD

I'm down with any time setting as long as they don't abandon the gothic horror element of the game. Parts of Lords of Shadow kinda did that; whatever they do with the sequel, it should be much more horror-inspired than fantasy-inspired.

Tags:

anything