Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)  (Read 72945 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »
Or they could use good 'ol KCET

Um... they ARE KCET.  I think you are confused.
KCEK did Circle of the Moon, Castlevania64 and Legacy of Darkness.
KCET did Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Chronicles port.
KCEN did the Saturn port of SotN and Castlevania Legends.

But all of this is just a history lesson, as none of those branches exist anymore.  Everything's been blended to the Tokyo branch (formerly KCET) and now it's just "Konami Digital Enternainment", I believe.

There are no more teams from different cities (Kobe, Tokyo, Nagoya, and... uuurgh... I forgot the last one) anymore, just one merge in the Tokyo branch.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »
yea i meant KCEK, thanks for the clarification  ;D

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2010, 01:26:18 PM »
iirc since PoR, CoTM members have been apart of IGA's team anyway.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Yeah, that's what I recall hearing as well.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Zobias

« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2010, 04:46:58 PM »
Now we know that the DLC Title will return to "The Demon Castle" in addition to that we are shown Gabriel's transformation into "The Dragon" as he called himself in 1999 to Death. So we can assume that Gabriel's son is Dracula; as we can also assume and hope that the 2 DLC will cover his transformation into a Vampire Lord.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2010, 05:25:24 PM »
Gabriel is Dracula.

Unless he had a son named Gabriel. Which was played by the same voice actor. With nothing at all suggesting as such.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2010, 05:26:16 PM »
Yeah, the concept artwork for him even confirms this.

Offline Hanniballistic

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2010, 06:29:09 PM »
You know that HD 2D game is not coming, EVER, even IGA dismissed that possibility in his last interview (Destructoid, E3 2010: "Don't hold your breath for it"). YOu know he's lazy, a lot, that AND (not OR) Konami won't let him having a big budget, not after Judgment and Despair.
If that game comes someday, I'm pretty sure it will be yet another external-developed Castlevania.

It would be awesome.

OK, OK, OK! We ALL get it, you hate IGA. 

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
It's not hate. It just facts. Sorry but it's true.
Iga says:
"I create a new gameplay idea (read: Gimmick) and then I slap the story I seem appropiate for it"

Iga says:
"I actually don't like story"
If that's your idea of a super producer, good for you, for me, it's a shame.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:43:36 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »
because story makes a game instead of elements that the player can actually interact with.

Offline Hanniballistic

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2010, 10:08:52 PM »
It's not hate. It just facts. Sorry but it's true.If that's your idea of a super producer, good for you, for me, it's a shame.

You have done nothing but gripe about IGA in every topic.  I understand that you LOVE LoS, and are not fond of IGA's efforts.  So, please, by all means, buy up all future MercurySteam titles in the franchise and quit playing the others that you so clearly hate.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »
You have done nothing but gripe about IGA in every topic.  I understand that you LOVE LoS, and are not fond of IGA's efforts.  So, please, by all means, buy up all future MercurySteam titles in the franchise and quit playing the others that you so clearly hate.
For the 4589174598476th time, it's not that I hate them, it's just that they could be soooo much better, in few words, they LACK AMBITION. That's it.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Hanniballistic

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2010, 10:55:16 PM »
For the 4589174598476th time, it's not that I hate them, it's just that they could be soooo much better, in few words, they LACK AMBITION. That's it.

Ok, I shouldn't put words in your mouth like "hate".  It just appears to me that you are so enveloped in your own idea of what these games SHOULD be instead of enjoying them for what they are, as the developers intended.  Anyone can point out a flaw in a game, and we should from time to time, otherwise there would really be nothing to talk about.  

It is unfair to compare IGA's Castelvanias to MercurySteam's because they are completely different not just in (the often touted) budget difference but the cultural atmosphere they are developed in as well.  

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2010, 12:05:59 PM »
I found this cool image of Olrox and Brauner together. I liked the concept of those 2 being brothers and all. Makes me think, it would be cool to hav a boss battle in the next game where you fight/juggle two strong bosses at once. Kind of like the one in Devil May Cry 3 with the 2 headless swordsman.

Maybe we will fight Slogra and Gaibon together, or Death and Drac/Gabriel. Aargh, now the long wait for the sequel!

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2011, 11:16:54 PM »
*bump*

Now that the game has been out for a while, any new ideas on what the sequel should be like??

Tags:

anything