Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)  (Read 73074 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Lords of Shadow Sequel Ideas (spoilers...a lot of them)
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »
My only hope is that we're still playing as a Belmont/someone similar to Gabriel since hopefully, he will become the tragic hero/antagonist of the series.

We need new sub weapons too, I was greatly disappointed we didn't see the axe, cross, or stopwatch make appearances. Also pot roast/food hidden in the walls/scenery for health. The health fonts were copy pasted from God of War, I hope I don't see them again.

Last thing I can think of right now is a proper score/soundtrack that fits Castlevania.

I'm just hoping for a lot more fan service than what we got in Lords of Shadow.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:33:44 PM by OSM »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2011, 11:42:58 PM »
We need new sub weapons too, I was greatly disappointed we didn't see the axe, cross, or stopwatch make appearances.

Maybe the stopwatch wasn't used due to the fact that the mechanical clock had yet to be invented. but they couldv'e used a sun dial instead. It's essentially the same as a watch. it would use magic to freeze enemies or slow them down a notch. But there was absolutely no excuse not to have the boomerang or axe in the game.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2011, 06:10:25 AM »
I too would love to see more sub weapons especially the axe. But if they were to do the something like the stop watch that isn't the stop watch itself, I would suggests an hour glass instead of a sundial
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2011, 06:36:57 AM »
*bump*

Now that the game has been out for a while, any new ideas on what the sequel should be like??
I will deserve my judgment until resurrection :(

Everything comes full circle

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2011, 03:53:14 PM »
I will deserve my judgment until resurrection :(
Me too.  I won't really have any ideas until I've seen the entire first game (DLC included).  I'm still wondering about that Slogra corpse in the ending cut scene (or at least it seems to be a corpse, could be a statue though).
Behold my power and tremble

Offline brandonh83

• Awards
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »
My only hope is that we're still playing as a Belmont/someone similar to Gabriel since hopefully, he will become the tragic hero/antagonist of the series.

I think it was really cool that LOS ended up being a Dracula origin story, but I agree that they should find a way to keep it as Belmont vs. Dracula. The thing that frightens me about the epilogue is that it makes it feel like the next games will be you playing as Dracula against Satan and his minions. I'm all for change, as I loved Lords of Shadow, but not that. Not that at all. Would it be cool as a spinoff? Maybe, but it would feel closer to the Legacy of Kain titles, and having you as Dracula fighting Satan (again) wouldn't feel like CV at all.

For me, while LOS was a departure from the series, it still gave me a Belmont character in a fantastically realized gothic land fighting creatures of the night and that's about all I really ask from the series. LOS has the general foundation of Castlevania, just presented differently. However if this new reboot series becomes Dracula vs. Satan, well I can't imagine that it would be a good thing.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »
Im sure there will be a third party between the Dracula vs Satan dual. I mean in the epilouge it looked like Dracula has been quite active during his time as Dracula and he looks like he's been in quite alot of battles. So maybe a new family of hunters have taken up arms to defeat him.

Besides, you can't live for a thousand years without gaining a few new enemies.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
Besides, you can't live for a thousand years without gaining a few new enemies.
Great truth, this is.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2011, 01:50:17 PM »
Maybe Dracula's new enemies will be the Cronquist family.  It would be kind of funny.  With LoI, we have someone from the Cronquist family becoming Dracula and the Belmont family eventually hunting him.  Now with LoS, we have a "Belmont" becoming Dracula.  It might be entertaining if it turns out that the hunters end up being from the Cronquist family.  That my just be me though.

I do agree that we probably won't be playing as Dracula.  It's probably going to be a three sided battle (Hunters vs. Dracula and Zobek vs. Satan).

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »
Wall shimmying sucks, and so do QTEs. I'm almost 100 percent certain that since these are, for whatever reason, essentials in any new action game, I'm not counting on them being cut out, much as I hate their guts. At the very least, I'd like the sequel to have more gothic horror settings (the castle, scarecrow village part) and less high fantasy settings (Agharta, and I mean come on, much of the necromancer's realm was just flipping Mordor). It'd be cool if it went more (way waaaaay more) towards the horror spectrum than the fantasy spectrum (which is already way too plentiful in games already).

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
Maybe Dracula's new enemies will be the Cronquist family.  It would be kind of funny.  With LoI, we have someone from the Cronquist family becoming Dracula and the Belmont family eventually hunting him.  Now with LoS, we have a "Belmont" becoming Dracula.  It might be entertaining if it turns out that the hunters end up being from the Cronquist family.  That my just be me though.

I do agree that we probably won't be playing as Dracula.  It's probably going to be a three sided battle (Hunters vs. Dracula and Zobek vs. Satan).

Maybe it will be kinda like Russia missions from Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Jill and Chris (ie: the good guys) fighting aganist the obvious but not the worst threat , and Wesker (ie: the bad guy) fighting the real threat

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2011, 01:00:29 AM »

You mean, in 1999, Julius Cronqvist? :)

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
You mean, in 1999, Julius Cronqvist? :)
Something like that.

Tags:

anything