Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274363 times)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #555 on: June 11, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »
A classic  mode with default endings (for the most purists) and a WARMACHINE mode with the player select, and the GRAN FINALE ending could fit awesome this game!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #556 on: June 11, 2014, 09:31:35 PM »
A classic  mode with default endings (for the most purists) and a WARMACHINE mode with the player select, and the GRAN FINALE ending could fit awesome this game!
Now THAT sir, is a KILLER idea!! Im diggin the shit out of that idea man! ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »
Now THAT sir, is a KILLER idea!! Im diggin the shit out of that idea man! ;D

Might I suggest having the endings change depending on the choices of character you use.

That would totally add to the replay value.

Also, you should get a special ending or Easter egg for just beating the game with Trevor alone...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #558 on: June 13, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »
Might I suggest having the endings change depending on the choices of character you use.

That would totally add to the replay value.

Also, you should get a special ending or Easter egg for just beating the game with Trevor alone...

And I suggest it being a bad ending. If Trevor never meets Sypha, then no Belmont able to beat Dracula on the future will be born, thus ending the bloodline on Trevor.

Bummer
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #559 on: June 13, 2014, 05:17:16 PM »
Yeah Darkman, four classic endings,pluz the Gran finale ending, is Five more reasons to replay it.

also, an bad ending isnt a bad idea.....

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #560 on: June 13, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
Here's another ending idea....Trevor slays Dracula. Alucard then sits on Dracula's throne and thinks : I'm interested in this...:)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:09:11 AM by SabinFigaro »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #561 on: June 14, 2014, 05:21:04 AM »
Here's another ending idea....Trevor slays Dracula. Alucard then sits on Dracula's throne and thinks : I'm interested in this...:)

That gave me a huge idea, I just ran by Warmachine. You've been having pretty good ideas Sabin!

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #562 on: June 14, 2014, 10:18:52 AM »
Hey thanks Darkmanx! The ''interested in this'' bit was kinda of meant as a joke in reference to the SOTN shop, but the idea of Alucard turning evil does add some flavor does it not? ;) Glad to be of some help. Keep it up dude, you guys rock.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #563 on: June 14, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »
If Trevor never meets Sypha, then no Belmont able to beat Dracula on the future will be born, thus ending the bloodline on Trevor.

I doubt it. While it's true that if Trevor never meets Sypha, then the vampire hunters that are born from them never exist. But that does not mean the end of the Belmont line. It would continue on in another way-through another woman-that Trevor would meet. Trevor knows that he must continue the Belmont lineage because of Dracula's continued resurrections. Like Leon Belmont did before him. Leon lost Sara but that didn't stop him from rediscovering  a new love as he made it his mission to continue the family. I can actually see this as an opportunity to make a whole new set of CV games starring new Belmonts in the same universe, but in an alternate reality. Kinda like J.J. Abrams did with Star Trek. If on the other hand Trevor were to die, then I could see it being the end of the line for the Belmonts. But then the other issue of just how many children did Leon Father, which would mean there are still other blood Belmonts out there to take Trevor's place.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #564 on: September 06, 2014, 09:23:07 PM »
Hey my man WarMachine. What is up dude? Hope you are well. Was just wondering if you got my PM, as I just recently thought of checking my mail and saw your msg from early august. And you too DarkmanX, what's up dude? Anyways, was just wondering how the game was going? Yeah...I'm being that guy lol. I know you guys have lives and everything, and might be busy with a lot of other things. It's just that this thread has been silent for a while now. Just stopping by to see how y'all doing :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:24:47 PM by SabinFigaro »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #565 on: September 06, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »
Hey my man WarMachine. What is up dude? Hope you are well. Was just wondering if you got my PM, as I just recently thought of checking my mail and saw your msg from early august. And you too DarkmanX, what's up dude? Anyways, was just wondering how the game was going? Yeah...I'm being that guy lol. I know you guys have lives and everything, and might be busy with a lot of other things. It's just that this thread has been silent for a while now. Just stopping by to see how y'all doing :)
Lol sorry dude, yeah you nailed it, life has been EXTREMELY hectic with me here lately but the game is still going strong!  Actually right now im critiquing myself lol, going through and doing a detailed polish to get this guy out for beta testing :) my bad on the PM dude, i thought it had sent the other day but my internet is running off my phone and it's not the greatest service where im at.  Make sure to check your messages when you see this man, i got a nice spoiler for you that you wont want to miss!!!  Im still here guys lol, just been very VERY busy but things are balancing out again and hopefully i'll be able to put in the time i had a couple of months ago.  Its almost time fellas!!!  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: September 07, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »
It's all good WarMachine, I know you've been working very hard on this and it shows.As I said in my PM, terrific work! You forum people are in for a treat with this game. Dracula's Curse is gonna rock once more 24 years later. Congrats to you and DarkmanX, you guys are spoiling us old gamers!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #567 on: September 07, 2014, 02:11:34 PM »
Hey Sabin. Thanks man. Yep, things in my personal life have got alot of hectic as of late but hopefully things will smooth themselves out really soon.

Currently, I am back to working on updating my website and adding to my portfolio. (Which has been put to the side the last 9 months.)

On the Vamprotector front, I have been working on 2 new separate stages that will be shown in an upcoming vid when they get to beta. That only leaves 2 more stages and then all of the main stages for the Helsing portion of the game will be in engine. In the meantime I have been fixing bugs and addressing issues that people on the thread have complained about in previous vids.

Thanks for asking man!

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #568 on: September 07, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »
I doubt it. While it's true that if Trevor never meets Sypha, then the vampire hunters that are born from them never exist. But that does not mean the end of the Belmont line. It would continue on in another way-through another woman-that Trevor would meet. Trevor knows that he must continue the Belmont lineage because of Dracula's continued resurrections. Like Leon Belmont did before him. Leon lost Sara but that didn't stop him from rediscovering  a new love as he made it his mission to continue the family. I can actually see this as an opportunity to make a whole new set of CV games starring new Belmonts in the same universe, but in an alternate reality. Kinda like J.J. Abrams did with Star Trek. If on the other hand Trevor were to die, then I could see it being the end of the line for the Belmonts. But then the other issue of just how many children did Leon Father, which would mean there are still other blood Belmonts out there to take Trevor's place.

Really what you're mentioning has been done.
Order of Shadows, COTM, CV64/ LOD, Legends; these are all games based in an alternate universe to the original 'canon' Castlevania timeline.
In fact COTM was never meant to be part of the official timeline, which is why Dracula' Castle is stated to be in Austria, and why it follows the Baldwins rather than the Belmonts.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #569 on: September 07, 2014, 05:49:19 PM »
You're very welcome dude. I've been checking the vamprotector thread. That also looks like A1 work. Very original. It's great to hear from you guys. Don't work too hard though. Health and family comes first. So keep us posted, but take it easy at the same time. We are very spoiled here in the dungeon and we players can afford to wait. Good job fellas, enjoy what's left of summer! Peace

Tags:

anything