Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania games that you disliked at first and still dislike  (Read 19661 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania games that you disliked at first and still dislike
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 07:13:14 PM »
If I play them expecting Castlevania, LoS and MoF.

From the others... CVA, CV1 MSX version and PC version, CV64, CVLoD, Judgement, Order of Shadows (the worst CV ever)... these are the ones I dislike for any reason or another. I still play them, though, except for Order of Shadows, which I'll never play again.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »
Legends, Order of Shadows, Judgement, Lords of Shadow and LoS: MoF.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 02:56:28 AM »
Lament of Innocence, Castlevania Curse of Darkness and Judgement. These games made me believe Castlevania was not suited for 3D for awhile. 

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 04:42:51 AM »
+1
 The most frustrating thing about Curse of Darkness is the ENORMOUS potential it had. Had the level design been good, it could've been excellent. I really like everything else about it (Music, combat etc). Well, the graphics are pretty damn depressing bur I can live with that. Shame on those level designers, boring me to death with their flat, loooong corridors. I can't even think about CoD cause the wasted potential upsets me too much...

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 05:46:20 AM »
+1
I think another disappointing aspect about Curse of Darkness who how the Innocent Devils were mostly useless. You can play the entire without them -expect when the game forces you to use them- and it wouldn't have mattered. The game definitely would have been more interesting if they were essential in combat and the level design was based around their abilities.   

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 09:33:18 AM »
The most frustrating thing about Curse of Darkness is the ENORMOUS potential it had. Had the level design been good, it could've been excellent. I really like everything else about it (Music, combat etc). Well, the graphics are pretty damn depressing bur I can live with that. Shame on those level designers, boring me to death with their flat, loooong corridors. I can't even think about CoD cause the wasted potential upsets me too much...
What adds insult to injury is that there are some corridors, especially in the final area, that are needlessly long with NO ENEMIES whatsoever.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »
What adds insult to injury is that there are some corridors, especially in the final area, that are needlessly long with NO ENEMIES whatsoever.

Sounds like a Simon's Quest homage to me... xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 08:44:36 PM »
Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Castlevania Order of Shadows,Castlevania Mirror of Fate, and all the gameboy titles (not gameboy advance).

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
Castlevania Adventure.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 02:04:19 AM »
I like it here and so will refrain from telling my answer because I will start a war.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 02:28:22 AM »
Judgment, I really, really tried to like this game, the concept is great, but the controls are clunky and the AIs are overpowered.
If they worked and test played mechanics Judgement would have been a great game

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »
I like it here and so will refrain from telling my answer because I will start a war.
I promise I won't complain, now you are just making me SUPER curious!
Which game you don't like! Come on, tell me, now I want to know!  :P
Pretty please!?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »
I suppose its LoS, SOTN, CV3 or SCIV.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 12:07:52 PM »
I thought about SCV4 because it seems to be the most untouchable game of the franchise in the opinion of the general fanbase, but I don't know...
Come on, Guy! Tell us!  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »
It's proably CV4 or SotN and the reasons are probably personal ones, not something too objective.
Hence the fear.

I'm only spitballin' here though. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: