Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania games that you liked at first and still like  (Read 11244 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Castlevania games that you liked at first and still like
« on: August 10, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »
+1
I'm sorry.

I had to.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Castlevania games that you liked at first and still like
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
Every CV game that we dont mentioned in the another threads similar  to this one
/thread

Well, at least to me, since it would be a huge list to post here xD

SOTN is one of them:
Castlevania: Posh Symphony of the Mothershuckling Night
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:36:01 PM »
I'm sorry.

I had to.

LOL, yep, it was coming. For me, pretty much almost all the CV titles were likable from the get-go. CV 64 took some getting into due to it's fully rendered 3D theme rather then the traditional 2D I grew up with.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 08:49:25 PM »
None of them. 

... I'm not sure why I'm here.   :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 10:38:17 PM »
SoTN for sure, and both the Sorrow games.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 12:31:30 AM »
+1
These type of threads need to STAHP already, sheesh. It's not funny anymore.

Castlevania 1.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 02:49:19 AM »
I have created a Monster! A MONSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ER! Every Castlevania with exception of 3D Igarshi games (including Judgement) and Rondo of Blood.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 04:13:27 AM »
+1
I'm sorry.
I had to.
The quadrilogy is done, the prophecy has been fulfilled  :P

About the thread:
Almost every Castlevania official and un-official game, and any CV stuff, for that matter.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 06:29:14 AM »
+1
Silent Hill 3.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. I have played that game so much that I'm now tired of it and will probably not play it for years 'til the day I reflect back to my past and pick it up again. But that game will always be regarded as one of my favorite game in the series and no Castlevania has ever made me love 2D so much as AoS.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
I understand that.

Portrait of Ruin is one of the games I've played most in the CV series. More than 70 hours with Charlotte only. Then the rest of characters, all of them at max stats, 1000%, and always 100% of everything in the game if possible.
SotN is 2nd close. And I played it again every time it was re-released, and in every version and with every character.

But I'm willing to pick up PoR again as soon as I buy a 3DS XL, to experience it in a new and bigger screen.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline cereal killer

• Cereal Killer
  • A castlevania fan from China
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 03:27:42 AM »
Circle of the moon,I love it hit feel
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
It's hard to stand the test of time, but some really do.

I can say with confidence that Dracula X SNES, Castlevania III, and Castlevania IV are still a delight to play. I will add that while I liked Castlevania 64 when it came out, my respect for it has multiplied in the last handful of years. It really is a good base template for Castlevania in 3D.

Offline JILost

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 11:44:52 PM »
Dracula's Curse. It was one of the best games I'd ever played back in 1991 and it still makes me extremely nostalgic whenever I play it now. Playing the Famicom version a few years back was a new experience and was like playing for the first time again - when I play that, the enjoyment I get from it isn't even something old enough to call "nostalgia" since it's still relatively new to me, and it rivals Super Metroid as my favorite game of all time.

Bloodlines. To me, some subtle element of the artwork, the style of the music, and the "feel" of the game harkens back to the first Castlevania, making this one quite possibly my favorite ClassicVania to date. It's still a joy to play and it still rubs me the wrong way (like it did in 1994) when people compare it to Castlevania 4 and dub it "sub-par" by comparison.

Belmont's Revenge. It's everything that Adventure should have been and wanted to be and is as good a ClassicVania as any.

Simon's Quest. I played the first game first and played 3 extensively before I'd played much of SQ, but something about SQ's "feel" defines Castlevania beautifully for me. I have a lot of nostalgia for grinding for hearts in a few specific spots, finding the Fire Whip for the first time, "cheating" and playing the later half of the game first (with everything taking 16 or 32 hits), and how desolate and empty I felt going through that gray, empty town knowing that it was the last in the game. Entering Castlevania and hearing the music start up with the visuals still hasn't lost its magic for me. It's a beautiful game.

Dawn of Sorrow. There were a lot of "THIS is Castlevania" moments the first time I played it: walking around in the Alchemy Lab with "Dracula's Tears" playing in all its jazzy glory; the vast Chapel with its Castlevania 3-esque stained glass windows and Castlevania 4-throwback dancers; the Ruins, complete with "Vampire Killer" and phantom bat; the Condemned Tower; even the Abyss screamed "this is how Castlevania is supposed to feel" with its terror-inducing lava background and almost incomprehensible music. I had doubts here and there with the anime-styled character portraits, silly plot, questionable boss battles, and a few "not very Castlevania" songs, but every time I've put it down for months and come back to it, it's always brought me the same joy as that first playthrough. It's probably my favorite MetroidVania, though I realize SotN does it better.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 02:46:43 AM »
Geez louise, 4 topics almost exactly alike, was it really?

And no you didn't have to. If anything this could go into Classic CV discussion if anything.

Tags:

anything