Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: We have a HD console Castlevania relase this year after all...  (Read 7088 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
We have a HD console Castlevania relase this year after all...
« on: December 08, 2009, 04:15:33 PM »
+1
http://www.destructoid.com/konami-xbla-classics-to-hit-retail-at-odd-price-157266.phtml
How many copies of "you know what" does the world need? Seriously?   :-\
Nice for newbies though.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:39:22 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: We have a HD console Castlevania relase this year after all...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »
Man, how many times are they going to rerelease Sotn?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »
I fail to see whats HD about that

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:40:06 PM »
+1
To Aridale:
SOTN for 360 is supposed to be in HD with upgraded textures and models... they say that.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »

Putting SotN next to Frogger, Rush'n'attack and Track & Field, and calling them "Konami classics" is just weird and wrong. This makes SotN look like it was made 25 years ago. They should've put the original Castlevania there instead - or even better - Konami could've given some other, more recent games the HD treatment to make SotN feel less out of place. REAL games that are actually worth playing and pack a lil' punch. Suikoden, for example. It's well overdue.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:49:07 PM »
To Aridale:
SOTN for 360 is supposed to be in HD with upgraded textures and models... they say that.
But wouldn't HD textures and models clash with the lower resolution pixel graphics? What a wasteful addition of HD.

i am assuming. i am being an ass.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:51:09 PM by thernz »

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »
If the article is correct, Symphony isn't in HD in the same concept of SSF2THDR.  Rather, it is in high definition like MVC2, whereas one can make it "HD" through one of those crappy fliters; The article says that this version of the game is the port found on Xbox Live.  Basically, this ver of SOTN is the old same version but with a different instrumental song and being able to use fliters.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:54:02 PM by le052383 »

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »
Oh, even more useless. Though, I unfortunately have made an ass out of myself by incorrect assumptions.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 01:06:27 AM »
It is not your fault since the topic's heading and the first post assumed that the game will be HD.  It seems that most of us were mislead by the heading.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 04:26:27 AM »
+1
NAh, the topic post isnt that "litteral". I'm talking about the HD  the console (Xbox), because we somehow expected some new Castlevania this year (The AlucardVania), but now we have this, and that's all we got this year (Besides CTAR)

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 01:08:36 PM »
NAh, the topic post isnt that "litteral". I'm talking about the HD  the console (Xbox), because we somehow expected some new Castlevania this year (The AlucardVania), but now we have this, and that's all we got this year (Besides CTAR)

People assumed it was since this game was released on the Xbox 360 three years ago.  I mean, you did imply the game suppose to be in HD with improved graphics and models, which it really isn't the case.  The only thing I think they improved are the 3d models, which isn't much.  When you say HD console CV release, many people would think of a HD console version of SOTN rather than SOTN for an HD console. It is like saying the Castlevania games sold on the PSN are HD console releases even though they are just the orignal ps1 versions.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 05:45:07 PM »
+1
What if... The AluacardVania Trailer from last year is just the trailer for this game compilation?
What if Konami wanted us hyped to buy it?
 :D

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »
What if... The AluacardVania Trailer from last year is just the trailer for this game compilation?
What if Konami wanted us hyped to buy it?
 :D
I doubt it.  I think that the "AlucardVania" was going to be made, but has been canceled.  From what I understand, this thing coming out is just the original SotN in HD.  However, last year's trailer was clearly for a sequel to SotN.  But, as I said, I believe that that game has been canceled.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 10:15:17 PM »
But, as I said, I believe that that game has been canceled.

I wouldn't be so sure. The Alucard game was announced AFTER the first Lords of Shadow teaser, before LoS was even known to the public as Castlevania. Besides, the japanese Castlevania team must be up to something as we speak, right? I strongly believe it's a big project - not a DS one - and it's also probably at least 2 years away. So, they don't want to interfer with the release of LoS at this point. Also, IGA was not happy with Konami revealing the "Alucardvania". Why is that? Maybe because the game was far from being finished.

Maybe Konami wanted IGA to make SotN 2, but IGA said "Jesus christ I need A LOT of time for that, I want it to be perfect!". And so Konami thought to themselves: "Hey, let's make everybody forget about the SotN-sequel for now, shall we? It's not gonna be finished until 2012 anyway. And LoS is the perfect distraction! But let's just wait and see if Mercury Steam actually delivers something worthy of the Castlevania name first."

They probably only showed it because of the uncertainty surrounding LoS being turned into a fullfledged Castlevania or not. At the time of the Alucard teaser, maybe LoS wasn't shaping up too well, so Konami felt desperate to show something. IGA wasn't happy about this because he felt pressure to finish the game earlier than expected. So Konami sent Hideo Kojima to Spain. VOILA!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 10:20:24 PM »

I'm not quite sure my point came through here.. lol! I couldn't type anymore, so here foes the conclusion;
Konami sent Hideo Kojima to Spain to give LoS that extra something it lacked. That way, LoS finally turned into a Castlevania, and IGA can work on his SotN2 in peace.  :D

Tags:

anything