Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Devil May Cry Reboot  (Read 51733 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: September 15, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »

Well, Dante looks nothing like I remember him. So much for a proper Devil May Cry 5, I guess...

TGS 10: Debut Trailer HD - Devil May Cry

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:43:23 PM »
He looks retarded.... but hey, atleast he's not half naked and acting like a cocky lil biatch!

Still, it seems like a movie remake of a game... where instead of demons it's experiments... (hint hint Doom)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »

I don't know much about the storyline in DMC, but it seems a bit desperate to reboot a series that only has 4 games. What's next, a Bayonetta reboot in 2011?  ;D

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:01:26 PM »
i have to say i don't like this change as a DMC fan. :-\
to drastically change such a established character such as Dante in the manner is just IMO so stupid.
DMC didn't NEED a freaken Reboot and Dante's character definitely didn't need one in this manner.
he looks like a recovering drug addict for christ sake! ;D
we'll some sites are calling this a prequel to the DMC series while some are calling it a complete reboot of the storyline.
what do you guys think?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 05:07:40 PM »
Maybe it's supposed to be a prequel to the other games, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a complete reboot. This is after all the year of the reboot. It seems like developers are all about "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!". Castlevania, Zelda (to some extent), Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Metroid and now Devil May Cry. All of them are not necessarily reboots, but they're changing.

Also, may I express my dislike towards the character designers at Ninja Theory? Heavenly Sword wasn't too bad in terms of the heroine design, but that new game Enslaved? I absolutely HATE the main character. Not only is he called "Monkey", but he's also the ugliest thing I have seen in many years. Therefor I am not surprised they've done this to Dante. Brown hair, no trenchcoat.... Hopefully the game will be fun, but the visual style is a real turn-off for me..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:13:34 PM by shelverton. »

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
He looks retarded.... but hey, atleast he's not half naked and acting like a cocky lil biatch!
You say that like it's a bad thing. Or at least worse than a cool urban and rebellious skinny lil biatch. They are both horrible.
though dmc1 dante is pretty much the superior version of dante anytime.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:20:40 PM by thernz »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »
we'll the action in the trailer look fantastic IMO.
more only real problem with that is the slower double guns as opposed to the fast shooting we DMC fans are so used to.
but to change such a Cool Character such as Dante from this

to
this

its just a stupid move on Capcom's part IMO.
i think Capcom would have pleased more fans if they actually kept the core Dante character instead of completely rebooting him.
at this point most of the feedback has been negative towards this new Dante so hopfully Capcom will listen to the fans for a change and tell Ninja theory to reconsider the look  ;D

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 05:21:13 PM »
hopfully Capcom will listen to the fans for a change and tell Ninja theory to reconsider the look  ;D

That, or just name this character something else. I welcome new characters in already established franchises - heck, I even liked Nero (though he was arguably very Dante-ish anyway).

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
Maybe you get to see this drugaddict Dante slowly change throughout the game and 'become' the Dante from part 1 near the end?
This guy looks a lot younger... maybe Dante had some issues when he was a punkass kid. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »
Yeah, that is possible.
I do however get the feeling that this game takes place in a different world/universe altogether. I don't get the typical DMC world feeling at all. Dunno why.. :-\ Too early to tell though.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »
Maybe you get to see this drugaddict Dante slowly change throughout the game and 'become' the Dante from part 1 near the end?
This guy looks a lot younger... maybe Dante had some issues when he was a punkass kid. :P
we'll he doesn't look to be to much younger then DMC3 Dante  :-\
unless this takes place directly behind DMC3 i could see your theory maybe working

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »
WTF

This reimagined Dante looks lame as hell. I would't have minded another game featuring Nero (he is Vergil's son, after all) & real Dante. This could either be REALLY good, or take DMC2's place.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 05:44:02 PM »
WTF

This reimagined Dante looks lame as hell. I would't have minded another game featuring Nero (he is Vergil's son, after all) & real Dante. This could either be REALLY good, or take DMC2's place.
someone on another forum mentioned something that is truly something to think about if your Capcom and Ninja Theory.
there is a very valid reason why DMC2 was disliked by ALOT of DMC fans.
Dante's character may have looked ok but his attitude was so completely diffrent then the Dante we all knew and loved.
now it seems this time they are once again changeing the beloved character ::)
all i gotta say is if Dante doesn't crack some funny 1 liners in this game i'm going to be pissed lol

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 06:51:32 PM »
You say that like it's a bad thing. Or at least worse than a cool urban and rebellious skinny lil biatch. They are both horrible.
though dmc1 dante is pretty much the superior version of dante anytime.
It was a bad thing... DMC1 Dante was the best. Possibly DMC2's as well, but the game for it sucked so hard, it's hard for me to talk about it without thinking about the game play.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 07:04:44 PM »
it actually is a lame design, i phrased that wrong. i mean it was okay for the game's context. i'll have to know more about new dante and his game to make a better opinion of his design. but outside of context, i think they're both horrible.
for the game itself, im a bit worried because it's ninja theory and i heard that heavenly sword's combat was pretty shallow. but there's not really much to comment on anyway so.

Tags:

anything