Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Fan Stuff / Re: CHRONICLES OF THE WOLF
« Last post by Migami Games on Today at 12:09:24 PM »
A short clip from the Hall of Cursed Arms in Chronicles of the Wolf has been shared on our Twitter. Short clip, but the game is a behemoth that improves on everything we've done up to this point. Can't wait to share our best work to date with you all this year!

https://twitter.com/Migami_Games/status/1621910009612230659?t=uqC3JzOISKn2bdqTPH6YHg&s=19
Probably too much to expect a Rebirth Collection finally releasing Adventure Rebirth, huh?

Because that would be rad.
I suppose it's a reasonable question then: do you think players would buy versions of Portrait and Ecclesia that omitted the Sisters Mode and Albus Mode for the above reasons, or had those modes SERIOUSLY reworked to the point of no longer being mechanically similar?

No they need to be included, X is totally correct here.

Albus mode could actually work with no stylus, if using R3 temporarily stopped gameplay while the player chose where to screen spawn. It wouldn’t exactly make things easier given you’re restricted to moving within the confines of the screen you occupy.

From a challenge perspective, all modes need to be included. Once you’ve beaten both games on Hard with Level 1 Max Cap, you need the additional character modes to do the same. (Richter/ Maria in PoR and Albus in OOE)

They should release it as it will be minimum effort for a lot of financial gain, then LRG will jump on board etc. That’s one CV collection I would buy physical and digital copies of.
For me, I found that I didn't really like Albus mode much at all (it didn't really feel like Castlevania to me), and while Sisters Mode was a neat diversion, the game isn't made or broken by it being there, so I'd buy a collection that just straight up omitted those, even if I'd obviously prefer them being included from a completionist's standpoint.
They can always find alternative mechanics for these modes, but like X mentioned i doubt that they want to spend time and resources to alternate them, just for a collection.
Personally i believe that if Konami gave it to the right hands, the franchise could be revived. One capable studio is Inti Creates.
I suppose it's a reasonable question then: do you think players would buy versions of Portrait and Ecclesia that omitted the Sisters Mode and Albus Mode for the above reasons, or had those modes SERIOUSLY reworked to the point of no longer being mechanically similar?

For me I was never on board with the stylus to begin with. Castlevania is not a game suited for stylus usage and this is just another Konami blunder that I'm sure IGA wasn't agreeable to, but didn't have a choice in the matter. I would pick up the collection re-released for modern consoles if they seriously reworked the stylus function ie removed it from the games entirely. The fan hacks of DoS showed us that the stylus function can indeed be removed from gameplay or changed about. So there should be no excuses from the official channels about how the stylus mechanics cannot be removed or manipulated differently. To me that's them saying they don't want to do the work regardless of outside opinions with proof in hand.
Yes this fan game could be much better if the
1- Hit and hurt detections of most objects
2- Art style of the graphic resources
are more organized and/or given an arrange to make better overall consistency.

I've beaten most of the stages available in this fan game including extra stages, but I'm not sure if the current author would keep optimizing action physics, hit detections and other stuff, maybe I'll give it another shot in the future years if the author didn't give up the maintenance rule of the project. Dang, some of the extra stages which seemingly inspired by CoD areas are pretty much unfinished.
Personally I wouldn't care. I'd rather want Castlevania to stay remain in the slumber for all eternity.
It seems Castlevania as an IP, only fits the golden time it originally belongs to.
I can't lie.

That stage one looks godawful, especially compared with the Mad Forest that came after. The Church is literally... some dude's photo of a church sanctuary with literally no regard to scaling so you have an altar that's 50 feet tall in a room that clearly doesn't fit inside the building Trevor entered and exited, 3D DS assets are thrown together with 2D SNES, GBA, PSX, and DS assets with no eye or sense for whether they work well together visually (they don't), animated backgrounds have a totally different artistic style from the foreground... and I'm glad I don't have a seizure disorder because those lightning effects are gonna put SOMEONE on the floor.

They went for spectacle, and pushed WAY TOO HARD.

I haven't played the game, but that demo video makes it look amateurish in a very bad not at all charming way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10