Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Looking for sprite artists  (Read 7539 times)

Offline RavenZX13

• Atop the bell tower....
    • Awards
Looking for sprite artists
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:08:09 AM »
Hello. I apologize if this post doesn't belong in this section, but I have a request from any sprite artists. I would like a custom set of sprites of Sonia Belmont to replace either Jonathan or Richter in Portrait of Ruin. In return, I will literally send that sprite artist $100 for his or her work. I will mail, FedEx, paypal the money in any way possible for the effort & time it took. Thank you to anyone willing to actually do this & again I apologize if this kind of post doesn't belong in this section.
Life is a gift. Death is the return policy.

Don't forget the receipt on your way out......

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:05:11 AM »
I think someone already did a pretty hefty-sized Sonia Belmont spriteset.  I cannot remember whom.
You might want to check the Sprite Request thread, so someone can put 'em up.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »
I beleive Jorge Is correct, the best kind of correct
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 06:13:57 AM »

I would like a custom set of sprites of Sonia Belmont to replace either Jonathan or Richter in Portrait of Ruin.

Could you tell me how you're gonna change their voice to female voice?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:18:19 AM by Pemburu Vampir »

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
Could you tell me how you're gonna change their voice to female voice?

It's easy enough to hit newgrounds and find a voice actor to do the very short and simple script found in the game. You could probably do the entire script in a single take it's that short.

Or just use all text instead which wouldn't really take away much given the seldom used voice acting in castlevania games.

Or an even more abstract approach would be to use software to shift the pitch of the existing voices to sound feminine.

The real issue though is finding a sprite set for a character that was only done once on a very very limited hardware set and in gray scale. I think I might look for that sheet also since I was just wondering if I would be able to color and extend the existing gb set.

EDIT: I did find it. I think I might take this sheet and extend it. If I get that done I will post it up in the sprite thread and link to it here but expect a wait since it takes time and I am busy with a lot of other things. I will try to squeeze it in fairly soon though.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:04:17 PM by Corpsecrank »
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline snusnumrik

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Looking for sprite artists
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 05:36:04 AM »
i think sonia belmont was made for serio
go on his board to search it...
http://serio.piiym.net/CVBla/txtboard/

hope you make a godd game

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:33:30 AM »
Looking for sprite artists

.................... get in line behind the other 50 people who are ahead of you.  :-\ lol
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 06:43:54 AM »
.................... get in line behind the other 50 people who are ahead of you.  :-\ lol
I know I'm taking forever, I'm sorry! :-\

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »
I know I'm taking forever, I'm sorry! :-\

I don't even know what you are referring to Dracula9.  ??? But I was referring to the fact that TONS of people here seems to be asking for sprite artists. Sadly most of the time when people do get someone who is very dedicated to help them, they then drop the project. Thus wasting a valuable artists precious time and skills.  It is such a shame. :-\

I am very fortunate to have the one or two people helping me that I do have. They are truly invaluable and their sprite work is appreciated.  8)

Edit: I just checked my U2U list; that was from July, and was a very small request. I haven't expected to see anything produced from you for MONTHS, and didn't even remember it until you pointed it out and I checked thru some messages. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:11:29 AM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »
That doesn't matter to me, Esco. I remember the request and it bothers the hell out of me that I haven't done it for you. It might not be that big of a deal to you, but for me to go this long not carrying out what I said I would do, without a word to you about the delay, drives me nuts.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
I'm the same way. I'm still working on my Castlevania engine, but trying to crack CV3's passcode algorithm is so tempting. Then I fall asleep after staring at the code for an hour, so I'm not much further along. But then I wake up and feel bad for not having gotten anything done when people are waiting for me to release the next update. So i know how Dracula9 feels.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
Pfft, I've got requests from YEARS BACK that I'm only now fulfilling.
And I've got to deal with music and art requests too.  Yikes!  I'm terrible. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:09 AM »
People saying they fall asleep on the job with their project, that they are behind on requests by years/decades/CENTURIES, and everyone who isn't just as seeeeeeeeeeeexy at this as me

................ scrubs.  :P ;D

Tags: sprites por 

anything