Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: getting gaming tier PC again, any suggestions?  (Read 2562 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
getting gaming tier PC again, any suggestions?
« on: February 15, 2013, 09:34:05 PM »
Getting a Gaming Tier PC with a nVidia GTX 660 Ti, meaning I can blow through just about all modern games in 1080p or 720p....
Problem is, I haven't been too hardcore in games as of late so I lost touch of the newer stuff or the stuff I missed.
I do have all the Crysis, Elder Scrolls, Bioshock, GTA, and Fallout games...
I just need some suggestions to enjoy something new after I enjoy the games I already have

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: getting gaming tier PC again, any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:57:29 PM »
I don't suppose you've tried Saints Row: The Third?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:16:41 AM »
Dishonored, X Com, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (I cannot recommend this enough!), Witcher, Team Fortress 2, Portal 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2...and those should be a good start.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 11:41:31 AM »
I don't suppose you've tried Saints Row: The Third?
Oh my god, I love this game, thx for reminding me, I'll probably buy it soon.
Dishonored, X Com, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (I cannot recommend this enough!), Witcher, Team Fortress 2, Portal 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2...and those should be a good start.
Is Dishonored that good? I do have all Valve games though, and DE:HR I hear is really good, Witcher is amazing

looks like i didn't miss out on too much in the past 2 years

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »
I'd definitely recommend Dishonored, it's been a blast to play. And as a fellow DX fan, yes, DX:HR is really good. :O

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:37 PM »
Dishonor is very fun. I'm not the type of player who goes crazy with experimentation, but even without trying to find different ways to beat a level, it can still be fun.

Mark of the Ninja is good as well. Doesn't require a high graphics card, but it's very much like a 2D Dishonored in a way.

Definitely agree with the X-Com recommendation. Though the difficulty in it is downright cheap. Teleporting enemies, and overwatch no triggering, etc. But it's a fine game to succeed the older games.

As for Witcher, I won't say it's a bad game, but I can't really get into it. I'm still in Chapter 3 sort of trudging through. I find the game to have a lto of things I don't care to do, like Alchemy and Magic. Both of which are just ..... terrible imo. I only use Cat to see in the dark and a spell every.... 20 fights.

If you want free roaming fun, get Mount and Blade: Warband. It has the shittiest graphics you'll ever see in modern times, but it's just ridiculously fun.

Sleeping Dogs, if you like Saints Row and GTA. It's serious like GTA but it focuses more on hand to hand combat. Not dissimilar to Batman: Arkam City combat.

Torchlight 2 is a good investment if you like Top Down Diablo-style games.

Dragon Nest, Vindictus and APB Reloaded if you want to play fun Free to Play MMOs. First is fast paced action, instanced gameplay. 2nd is more methodical, depending on your character, and 3rd is almost like a GTA MMO. It's awesome. But has a lot of cheaters, the last time I was on it. Which is a pity, because I would have loved it otherwise.

Tags:

anything