Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The most powerful character  (Read 39618 times)

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: The most powerful character
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 05:27:40 PM »
Death: nuff said...you can';t beat him technicly all the belmonts see him twice.

Thats almost profound....that is if you mean, first when they beat him and then when they die.

also, for a second i forgot that death was the final boss in LoI.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 05:52:02 PM »
In Reply To #13

exactly right =D Death is the end all. He may be a lesser boss than Drac himself but his role is clearly played down for the games. You may be able to beat his physical embodiment but he will always win in the end.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »
Untrue.... Both Dracula and Alucard conquered death. They're immortal.

Offline Xenotech

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 02:22:45 AM »
Untrue.... Both Dracula and Alucard conquered death. They're immortal.
Damn right! You beat me to it I was going to say that after reading these post :D

Alucard - "Yo death suk my ballz I aint dying"  :)

Death - :(

Quoted from Castlevania - Alucard poons death

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 02:29:26 AM »
Alucard got beat down by Trevor Belmont, so I don't think he's the most powerful.  But, if one wanted to grasp at straws, I guess it can be..."interpreted" that Grant and maybe Sypha helped Trevor.  Or that Alucard was clearly not using full power because he wasn't in his Symphony of the Night get-up : I

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 05:47:55 PM »
In Reply To #20

I don't think his outfit was the cause  ::) But wasn't he under some sort of spell or something? Alucard wasn't really controlling that, right. I don't know, I've only played Drac's Cusre a few times on that Konami pack CD.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Steve

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »
He wasn't under a spell; he was testing Trevor to see if he was worth teaming up with.

As for Successor's comment about Al's outfit, it's a reference to Dawn, where he said he had to change clothes to reach full power as a cheap excuse for the game reusing his Symphony sprite.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 07:02:17 PM »
Really? Wasn't he under something? Its been a REALLY long time since I've played it.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 07:29:37 PM »
In Reply To #21
It was Grant who was under a spell.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 11:32:42 PM »
Going along with that, Alucard needed Trevor's help to defeat Dracula, apparently a task he couldn't do by himself, so...

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 04:03:24 AM »
In Reply To #18

Thats not true at all theyre vampires theyve already met Death once and were reborn as vampires. Well Drac anyway Al is only HALF vampire he WILL die eventually since he couldnt just magically stop aging at 25 or whatever.

And even Drac has met his final death according to DoS cause they killed him and sealed in the eclipse and he was reborn as Soma... so Death wins again.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 09:17:49 AM »
Drac became a vampire by absorbing Walter with the stone. He never had to die to turn, and it seems that recently cv is moving away from the idea of becoming undead vampires after being bitten, but rather getting a slowly progressing disease, seeing as they can be even cured of it in its early stages, and the turning itself takes very long time to finish.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 09:21:12 AM by Serio »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 09:49:46 AM »
but rather getting a slowly progressing disease, seeing as they can be even cured of it in its early stages, and the turning itself takes very long time to finish.
:-*
That's EXACTLY how Bram Stoker's Dracula describes it. (in Lucy's transformation) The whole transformation process is one of the things I liked most in the novel, as rather then the one-minute vampirisation presented in most horror movies, in the book, it's a process involving several levels.

1. The bite
2. Illness (a few days)
3. Severe loss of blood, constant tiredness (a few weeks)
4. Death
5. Awakening (some period after death)

Interesting how the vampire "virus" is draining the victim alive, causing him constant blood loss until it dies, and the blood transfusions of Lucy's friends hardly lay off the unpreventable death.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 10:11:35 AM »
In Reply To #26

Uh no.... I don't see Alucard aging... Hes still more or less the same in DoS, if you haven't noticed. Hes either immortal or his aging is like 60000000 years for a human second and that'd be more or less the same as immortality anyway.

As for death, I don't know if he became a vampire like Serio said... if so, he never died either. If not, it could be another process. It could be a spell, or anything else that doesn't involve death.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »
As for death, I don't know if he became a vampire like Serio said... if so, he never died either. If not, it could be another process. It could be a spell, or anything else that doesn't involve death.

Well Rinaldo said that the crimson stone has a side effect to its usual vampire soul absorbing, and that is, the user of it will also become a vampire once he absorbs a vampire soul as far as I remember.

And the whole egg animation that appears once walter's soul is extracted and offered to Mathias, as stupid as it looked was most likely supposed to be a symbol, possibly of Mathias's change into a vampire, the beginning of his vampirism. Then he immediately started acting as one, fearing of the light, changing into a bat etc.

1. The bite
2. Illness (a few days)
3. Severe loss of blood, constant tiredness (a few weeks)
4. Death
5. Awakening (some period after death)

The cv one doesn't seem to be like that though. But then again, it was varying from game to game too. In Loi Sara's been getting vampiric impulses very quickly, but for example the priest in por seemed to be only tired but otherwise unaffected after roughly the same amount of time, and the twins took well over a year and were still not fully transformed, yet already had lots of power and didn't seem anywhere near dying.

And I'd assume once the infected one dies, it's impossible to revert them since they're just reanimated corpses once they reawaken. If that was the case, healing the sisters would kill them on the spot.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:05:10 PM by Serio »

Tags: