Poll

Which Castlevania Had the Best Rendition of Richter's Theme?

Castlevania Rondo of Blood
6 (46.2%)
Castlevania Dracula X
2 (15.4%)
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
0 (0%)
Castlevania 64
2 (15.4%)
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
1 (7.7%)
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
0 (0%)
Castlevania Pachislot
0 (0%)
Castlevania Harmony of Despair
1 (7.7%)
Other
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Remix Battle III!! Divine Bloodlines  (Read 4822 times)

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
Remix Battle III!! Divine Bloodlines
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:47:36 PM »
Divine Bloodlines is the first song to hit oldschool Castlevania players when they popped Rondo of Blood in their PC Engine, since then, it is one of the most remixed / arranged / remastered track in Castlevania history. Now, the question is, which game did it right for Richter?
Only one pick this time, since Divine Bloodlines had far less renditions than Vampire Killer.

Castlevania Music: DIVINE BLOODLINES (RICHTER'S THEME) COLLECTION
Castlevania Music: DIVINE BLOODLINES (RICHTER'S THEME) COLLECTION Part 2
Castlevania Harmony of Despair OST - Divine Bloodlines [Rondo of Blood]

Quote from: 赤月
I would pick the original stage one Divine Bloodlines from Rondo of Blood, whenever I listen to it, I see Richter doing a thumbs up at me, it always cheers me up whenever I am down. Thank you, Richter-niisan!

PS: I hope I am not missing any important CV titles in the poll this time.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:51:01 PM by 赤月 »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:08:46 AM »
You can verify here: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Bloodlines

I actually don't like that much Divine Bllodlines. It's a nice track, but that's it. DXC version is the best IMO, PoR right behind.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 06:10:02 AM »
Rondo of Blood's is the most natural and grooving to me with the coolest mood. I like Symphony's, too. The instrumentation for the main melody when it kicks in makes it seem dire, epic, and also graceful.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 08:09:51 AM »
I like the N64 Castlevania version best. It really sets the atmosphere. It also prepares you for what a creepy kid(OR IS HE) Malus turns out to be.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 08:25:22 AM »
Malus playing the tune in Violin at the title screen wins it over for me, though I like the SNES version too (with that funky slap bass).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 08:39:13 AM »
Easily Rondo. From the first moment on with the swelling, mood-setting synth, it's completely sovereign and frankly humbling in its mastery. Thick, delicious and bouncy basswork, excellent keyboard flourishes, and just a terrific, unified utilization of each and every instrument in the track brings it to an awe-inspiring level. They really knew what they were doing with the new audio format in Rondo, and Bloodlines probably displays that best.

Symphony's is worth a mention for how it dares to take the track somewhere different, as necessitated by the context of its usage in the game. It's an impressive reworking of a familiar motif to fit an entirely changed atmosphere from the original.

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
  • I'll see you all at 3:15!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »
I'd have to say Rondo of Blood's rendition; there's something about the original can't be beat IMO. However, Portrait of Ruin's rendition is a close second for me.

My Character (not drawn by me)

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline paulstanley

• Prince of Hearts
  • Hunter in Training
  • Love isn't sorrow and pain
    • Awards
Re: Remix Battle III!! Divine Bloodlines
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
+1
Easily Rondo's. Symphony's version is a close second, and the 64 version is kind of neat. The rest are mostly boring to me.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »
Well, Rondo's is the original and its often very hard to top an original- especially one with such good quality sound.

but barring the original, theres just something about the Dracula X version that I really like. Cant put my finger on what.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 07:59:31 PM »
You can verify here: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Bloodlines

I actually don't like that much Divine Bllodlines. It's a nice track, but that's it. DXC version is the best IMO, PoR right behind.

Thanks for the link, looks like I am not missing any major titles this time.

Quote from: Puwexil
Symphony's is worth a mention for how it dares to take the track somewhere different, as necessitated by the context of its usage in the game. It's an impressive reworking of a familiar motif to fit an entirely changed atmosphere from the original.

I think Symphony's version is metaphorical to Richter's state of mind, since it sounded so twisted.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »
I guess what you did works, but otherwise, you could have just linked to the Divine Bloodlines collection on youtube
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 01:26:39 AM »
I guess what you did works, but otherwise, you could have just linked to the Divine Bloodlines collection on youtube
Yep, and I am happy with it, since on the Remix Battle, I forgot to put Circle of the Moon on the poll.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 08:36:19 AM »
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=KnjvW_Q7Oqc

I voted for other, because once again like in the Vampire Killer poll, my favorite version is from Castlevania The Arcade. It's slower than usual but I really like it. Aside from that, the SotN and original Rondo versions are my favorite
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »
I can't really choose one so I'll explain:

CV: Dracula X version. This is the first one I heard and it jives with me. I liked the way the tune opens up with that funky strumming guitar.

CV: SotN version. I loved the fact that they take the hero's theme and transforms it into a tragic boss battle theme. F**king epic!

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: