Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo Richter Challange  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« on: January 21, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »
Basically play as Richter Belmont in SotN, but no running, dashing, whip-swinging or uppercut unless needed in situations such the need to progress the game for further areas. And that pointless one-room gaps in metroidvanias between Areas, go ahead. Dash Jump that. In Areas such as Clock Tower, you can't simply walk there without the ledges falling down. You can explore areas for sub weapons by using super jump for example the Clockroom in Marble Gallery. The easy mode for this is, you can collect Life Ups and the Hard Mode is no Life Ups. Now in the Challange, you are NOT allowed to use any bonus SotN abilities, but sub weapons such as Agunea and Vibhuti don't count here. There are some instances that Legion is not meant for RoB play style unless you are trying to hydro storm it, legion is too high for you to jump and whip I think. If its impossible to beat it with RoB style, then finish it with your SotN abilities but this is only acceptable if impossible, not for difficulty or else you've lost this challenge. It's pretty fun. At least for me. So far I've defeated the Giant Bat in the reverse castle.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:59:54 AM »
could i just use a fire whip the whole time?
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
Sure, like I said. Upgrades not a bad thing. Just make Richter look like he has broken knees.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »
could i just use a fire whip the whole time?

The fire whip doesn't have any real power over the standard vampirekiller whip unfortunately. It looks cool but that's about all it's got going for it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:13:15 AM »
cool factor is huge in Castlevania man! i think that just the awesomeness of the fire whip keeps me from dying not any noticeable power ups!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
Reminds me of a SOTN idea, wouldn't it be cool if there was a Linear mode to make Richter mode feel right?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: