Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "New" Animated Dracula's Curse Series In the Works  (Read 14253 times)

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 05:01:16 PM »
Yes you read right. Castlevania 3: THE ANIMATED SERIES. We are getting what is said to be an extremely violent and gory animated series made spefically for adults. I'm thinking the reason why they want to center it around CV 3 is because this game doesn't get enough credit or attention like CV 1 or 2. I'm not a super huge fan of 3 but I still like it pretty well and I'm extremely happy we're getting an animated series seeing as the curse of darkness manga was never finished. Did I mention this was an anime?! Hell yes.

I'm glad they chose 3 too. Simon's games wouldn't make for very interesting stories unless they added more characters (CV2 could work but would be more complicated than 3) or pulled of a silent protagonist angle very well for a CV1 adaptation.

3 is straightforward, has 4 super memorable protagonists, and IMO a great setting in the darker times of everyone fearing dark magic. I've mentioned before, but the part about the Belmont's getting kicked out for their superhuman strength, only to be called back on to save the people that shunned them is a realistic and harsh plot point. It's great potential screaming for an adaptation.

Tags: