Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I'm back!  (Read 6991 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:58:45 AM »
+2
Well, hello again!  It's been awhile!  I finished my Masters program and since I put the laptop away for a bit (since I wasn't needing to do homework everyday), I haven't been here either. :-S  Did I miss anything especially exciting around here?

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:59:38 AM »
A huge congrats on finishing your Masters1 :D

It's been fairly quiet here tbh, aside for more news about Bloodstained's development, and the really exciting nes of the Castlevania Netflix series, which has a rather promising looking trailer.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:05:51 PM »
+2
Thanks!  It's a huge relief to be done, and I've already gotten a teaching position because of it!  I'll start this fall!

My wife and I had started to discuss whether to keep Netflix or try out another streaming service when I heard about their CV series.  Needless to say, I decided we would stick with Netflix.  In similar news, I had a friend tell me recently that Netflix is also supposed to be making a series based on the Wheel of Time books (I think there were a few fans of those books here?).  I haven't actually checked that out though, so...

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 03:17:46 PM »
Extra congrats on the teaching position, that sounds like the icing on the cake to top it all off, especially to be able to walk into the post so soon after finishing.  Do you mind me asking what your thesis was on, and what level you'll be teaching at?   

Ohhhhh, I hadn't heard about the WoT tv series.  I know a few friends who'd be happy to see that.  I've read the first three, but got stuck about 100 pages into Shadow Rising, which I know is a common sticking point. 

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 04:15:05 PM »
Super-Congrats, and Welcome Back!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:27:08 PM »
+1
Many Count Draculations, friend. Good to have you back, and even better to hear you're doing well.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 05:07:56 PM »
Congratulations on the Masters. Feels good don't it? :)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »
Nice to know you still stop by every now and then  :D

And congratz!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 02:42:08 AM »
Congratulations!
Here's to welcoming another educator in the forums! :)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 06:42:34 AM »
Congratulations man, and welcome back. It's good to hear that you're doing well.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 03:07:40 AM »
Well done man! You're lucky. I'm still working on my dissertation, and damn, it's not easy. ???
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 03:56:13 AM »
Well done man! You're lucky. I'm still working on my dissertation, and damn, it's not easy. ???

Research is never easy.  :'(

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 11:45:46 AM »
+1
It's nice to see familiar...uh...names and profile pics again!

I know the program I took was very unique -- maybe even one of a kind.  It was a M.Ed. with a focus on Sign Language Interpreting -- so basically it mixed basic/advanced education classes with classes focused on specifically teaching ASL and how to interpret.

As for my thesis, I'd say I got pretty lucky with that too.  By the time I was about at that point, the program director had an idea.  The University had a few new students who had deaf parents (and therefore knew how to sign), but given the nature of growing up with it like that they didn't necessarily know all the details, techniques, and terminology.  Instead of putting those students through beginner-level classes, they asked if I'd be willing to create and teach a class (under the direct supervision of the program director) that covered all the most important points and finer details.  I spent most of the summer working on it before the students made changes and dropped the class, so I never actually got to teach it.  However, since I was so close to being done with the summer semester and the class I was creating, they just let me finish the class and graduate. :-)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »
:D  That is a seriously awesome program and thesis!  Go you!  I do quite a few bits of disability related support in my departmental TA work, so I can really appreciate just how important projecs like yours are.  I'm just sorry to hear that the students ended up dropping your class but that was awesome that you were still allowed to finish.  :D

Research is primarily my cuppa, but I started really enjoying more of the teaching side of things last year when I was looking after my own seminar group for the Physics Minor course that we ran that's currently on hiatus.  I've long held an interest though in disability support as I have friends with a wide range of disabilities, so it's ended up very close to my heart.  Asperger's and ASD support is of particular interest to me.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »
I was away these last months too, so its cool to see that more people are back too. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything