Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Megaman VS Megaman X series  (Read 7845 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: August 04, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »
I've got a fun one for you today guys. Since we have the release of literally every Megaman game out (excluding the wily wars, and Megaman and bass) what would you all say is your favorite series, and which game in that series? For instance I prefer the classic Megaman series over the X series, (I love a challenge but X feels like pure masochistic torture only as anguish inducing as the voice acting in Megaman 8) and my favorite entry in it's series is 3 seeing as I have so many great memories with it and the fact you face 16 robot masters in it instead of your standard 8, as well as it feeling like a fair challenge. How about you guys??
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »
I prefer Megaman X because its mechanics stay simple enough while allowing for many more possibilities than classic MM.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 10:27:17 AM »
I'm not sure really. I have favourites in both series'. for instance; out of all the Mega Man games only 2, 3, 4, & 7 rank as the best for me. In the X series it is the first game. The rest seem to lose something in translation with every sequel that comes out, don't know why.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 10:36:35 AM »
I like the Zero series.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 10:51:16 AM »
I've played the Zero series and even have the DS compilation. But unfortunately I found it way too post apocalyptic. To me it just wasn't a good end to the X series. Heck even the later X games get more apocalyptic which is why I don't hold them in such high regards as the earlier games.

And one of my pet peeves is X4. I've not seen any explanation as to how Sigma survived Dr. Doppler's antivirus. It isn't explained anywhere that I know of. Sigma should have died permanently in X3.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 01:13:47 PM »
Probably a copy saved somewhere else, like one does with any file.
"I'm gonna save this version to CD just in case I ever ever lose it"
**formats PC years later**
"Wtf is in this disc!?!? **runs it**"
BWAHAHAA IT'S ME, SIGMA!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
MMX series for me.  Although the original mega man games were my jam, when X came out i was like " :o :o :o the fuck?!" And i agree with X (funny screen name to have in this topic eh? lol) the story line just kind of went to shit, but at least up to X6 the games still remained fun as ever.  Scrounging through all the levels looking for armor pieces to pump X up is boss.  That became one of my main reasons for getting these was to see how much farther they could push X.  And again i agree with X, i liked the DS versions but like he said, way too doomy and gloomy for me.  And that fact of what happens to MMX post the zero series, don't much care for it.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 06:33:12 PM »
And one of my pet peeves is X4. I've not seen any explanation as to how Sigma survived Dr. Doppler's antivirus. It isn't explained anywhere that I know of. Sigma should have died permanently in X3.
Looking at Xtreme 2, it's possibly due to Gareth & Berkana's shenanigans.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 09:05:24 PM »
I've tried to play the Xtreme games but the way the controls are due to the limited buttons on the gameboy makes it very difficult. Especially trying to dash around whilst fighting a boss character cause...fewer buttons  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 06:23:38 PM »
+1
And again i agree with X, i liked the DS versions but like he said, way too doomy and gloomy for me.  And that fact of what happens to MMX post the zero series, don't much care for it.

The DS versions were the ZX games, which were pretty neat.  The old robots became 'bio-metals', and would enhance humans.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 12:17:50 AM »
I know X was referring to the DS Zero compilation (which took me a good number of tries to work out a button config that made sense), I wonder if Warmachine also meant that.

Either way, Mega Man ZX is a heck of a game. Never finished it though, largely due to getting lost later on. It's a wonderful Metroidvania style game, just wish Inti Creates had the sense to utilize the map system associated with that genre, because ZX's map makes no sense to me.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 05:20:55 AM »
I know X was referring to the DS Zero compilation (which took me a good number of tries to work out a button config that made sense), I wonder if Warmachine also meant that.

Either way, Mega Man ZX is a heck of a game. Never finished it though, largely due to getting lost later on. It's a wonderful Metroidvania style game, just wish Inti Creates had the sense to utilize the map system associated with that genre, because ZX's map makes no sense to me.
Kinda sorta.  I mean, i'm a mega man fan from the beginning, and i enjoyed the zero series, just not as well as the MMX series.  I did like the ZX series a little better than the zero series as a whole.  And you're right the map system was pretty whack but it was cool to have a metroidvania feel to a mega man series.  And i actually liked the chip systems in the ZX games over the zero series.  I feel like that was one place they really dropped the ball IMO.  Sure you get new abilities and such but a simple color swap in the palette just seemed a little rushed/lazy.  Still, all in all i haven't played a TERRIBLE mega man game, some i just like better than others lol.  Yes, i even liked the legends games  :rollseyes:  :o  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 09:42:31 AM »
I had a better experience with MMZX then MMZ. But yeah, the map system... That needs some serious reworking, lol. Though I've finished the first game I've not gotten very far in ZX2. Kinda just fell from my mind I guess.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 01:47:02 AM »
I honestly loved how ZX introduced a bit of the metroidvania style into it gameplay with it being a big explorable world with needing upgrades/powers to get to new areas, I actually would love if this type of gameplay came back should the Mega Man X series get revived but the only thing I would want is for like you guys pointed out for it to have a actual good map system.

If your going to take cues from metroidvania style of non linear gameplay than you should at least have a decent map system implemented to make it easier on fans who are traversing this new style of gameplay in the series.

Before this I suppose the closest we had to this style of gameplay was with Mega Man Zero 1 although that game was no where near as big as the ZX games.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 06:17:13 AM »
I honestly loved how ZX introduced a bit of the metroidvania style into it gameplay with it being a big explorable world with needing upgrades/powers to get to new areas, I actually would love if this type of gameplay came back should the Mega Man X series get revived but the only thing I would want is for like you guys pointed out for it to have a actual good map system.

If your going to take cues from metroidvania style of non linear gameplay than you should at least have a decent map system implemented to make it easier on fans who are traversing this new style of gameplay in the series.

Before this I suppose the closest we had to this style of gameplay was with Mega Man Zero 1 although that game was no where near as big as the ZX games.

See: MegaMan X Corrupted
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Tags: