Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Living situations  (Read 5548 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
Head of the Sheriff's computer unit, which includes infrastructure for Sheriff's Office, Jail, and investigation collaboration. Basically anything they need me to do from equipping patrol cars to sending pedos to prison.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »
My mother and me were abandoned by my step-father, and it's all we can manage to pool money to keep what little we could. That whole-shit (he's not simply a piece) manipulated her into going into debt to get HIM out of debt, then just left afterwards. We lost our home and everything. We're stable, but only as long as we pay attention.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
Re: Living situations
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
A game development studio.

Please tell me more  :)

I am in the process of working on a game myself, but it is going to be released under a publisher.  Which I don't mind.

I live in a huge house (3000+ square feet) with myself and two other tenants.  One of them is the landlord and he lives on the main floor.  The two of us have bedrooms on the second floor.  We share the kitchen and laundry.  We have our separate living rooms, but the TV currently doesn't work in the one I am allocated.  Doesn't really matter since I don't watch much TV anyway.  We used to have another room mate, but he moved out into his girlfriend's place.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »
Get on MSN sometime. I haven't seen you in like a million years.

I'm not really willing to give away too many public details at this time, but we're developing a PC game. A 2D platformer adventure title. I'll probably post all about it when we're ready for the reveal.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »
I recently moved to Gresham, Oregon with my sister for school. Anywho we live in an apartment and everything is in walking distance.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
Just bought a house 12/31/11! Right at the bottom of the housing fall, so I got a pretty good price for a nice neighborhood.

Just me, my wife, dog and cat. It's a big place too so hopefully the guest room will be for a little one in the future. Until then it was either with my parents (their place is huge with a "mother-in-law" above the garage that my wife and I lived in) or the condo we rented until our neighbors above us flooded us out and then the owner of the condo decided to sell the place.

So I don't see too much shame living with your parents, hell I was just last year when I was 27.  ;D Let's you save up some money, nice home cooked meals now and then and no need to worry about bad roommates!

Though I will admit I miss my old condo since I could walk to work from there, now I sit in traffic for 40~60 minutes each direction everyday.  :'(

Tags: