Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848801 times)

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1260 on: May 29, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
+2
Okay, Simon looks awesome. Those screens of Trevor don't really show too much, other than it at least looks like Castlevania to me. Well, here's me hoping that this will be as promising as it looks. LoS was such a let down for me, but this new stuff looks promising. I was trying to be cautious about getting too excited because I don't want to be disappointed like I was with LoS, but I can't help it. I'm starting to get excited.  :P

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1261 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »
I like the green coat Trevor has on.

I have always envionsed trevor with a "green" themed outfit before even though that did not happen with his later incarnation in the form of his COD look.

Just wish that we could actually get to see his FACE!

the only screens we have of him is his back and his side from far away.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1262 on: May 29, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
This is promising.

Simon looks good, it seems they were influenced by his different designs from other games.

We can't say much thing about Trevor, the screenshots aren't showing much. The coat reminds me of Richter.

Screens look like CV. I hope its 2D and that the camera is only moving for some actions or situations.

Promising.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1263 on: May 29, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
screens

...Game looks more 3D than 2D/2.5D IMHO. Maybe it's just those particular screenshots. (More so the first one.)

Waiting to see if mine will come in the mail today. I adore that cover with Simon and considering it IS a cover story, I figured they'd have more than two screenshots of the game. Nintendo Power usually does...

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1264 on: May 29, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »
+1
I'd need to see the Trevor art to see how cool he looks, but I'm digging Simon's look. I'm actually interested in this game!! Yay!!!! ;D

Also, the bit about LoS being a sub-series, did Konami REALLY confirm that, or is NP just their opinion to distance it from the classic series? It's worded like the classic CV series is still on Konami's priority list, but I can't imagine HOW considering LoS's goal was to replace it as the "new series". Unless they are holding IGA(or someone else) in their darkest dungeon, whiping him with his own whip and saying, "Dammit, work faster. Make a GOOD game!!!!" LOL. J/K. If that was the case, it would REALLY parallel the comment Cox made regarding the Ultimate series of Marvel. I mean, Ultimate Marvel is probably the most popular "alternate canon" Marvel has made, but the classic canon STILL exists(and is considered the definitive canon). Though, I can't say I'm a fan of calling it the "Lords of Shadow" sub-series. Cox should've called the sub-series something different. "Castlevania D"(for Dragon/Dracul) would be my pick(maybe make the "D" as a blood splatter logo behind the "Castlevania" title). Establish it as it's own thing. "Lords of Shadow" subtitle was great for the first one, but why drag it out for additional installments? I mean, it wasn't like Harmony of Dissonance was called "Symphony of the Night 2". That would've been, frankly IMO, stupid(not just because it's a stupid idea, but because it SOUNDS stupid). Castlevania D: Mirror of Fate. Castlevania D: "Enter key plot references to LoS's sequel". Much better! 8) LOL, also, Castlevania D sounds like a slight nod to us!!!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:57:50 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1265 on: May 29, 2012, 10:55:10 AM »
I wonder if that Simon art is even related to the LoSverse at all.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1266 on: May 29, 2012, 10:56:12 AM »
I wonder if that Simon art is even related to the LoSverse at all.
You saw that post too?

I swear that dude better have been a troll.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1267 on: May 29, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »
You saw that post too?

I swear that dude better have been a troll.
What are you guyes talking about?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1268 on: May 29, 2012, 11:01:07 AM »
Nevermind, dude was a troll.

Can't believe I fell for it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:02:58 AM by OSM »

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1269 on: May 29, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »
So, then that whole thing was false? Thank the heavens.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1270 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:50 AM »

Good, that sounded horrible.

Plus it wouldn't make any sense considering what's on the teaser site.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:07:17 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1271 on: May 29, 2012, 11:05:54 AM »

Proof, please!  :o

Everything comes full circle

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #1272 on: May 29, 2012, 11:06:58 AM »
Seeing how they are taking the combat mechanics from LoS, hopefully it's been more improved and the frame is more stable. I'm also somewhat curious on how Trevor has his own version of the Combat Cross.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1273 on: May 29, 2012, 11:07:48 AM »
It was posted on 4chan. Great chance of being a troll.

Nagumo, the list with Castlevania: Complete Chronicles was debunked. Many of the games on it were already knew, the rest is just PURE SPECULATION.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1274 on: May 29, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »
+1
Proof, please!  :o
He outright said he was bullshitting.

Tags: .....?