Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848408 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1305 on: May 29, 2012, 12:19:15 PM »
Where the hell are the full scans? Get your shit together internet.

I know, I actually never got that. Why does it take so long for people to just scan the whole damn pages and post them rather than take their time to crop off selected screens to post? We wanna know about the whole damn articles. It takes LONGER to crop off the pictures. I always say, if I were a subscriber, I'd scan the page, do a quick edit/resize, upload it to a file site and post the link in a matter of MINUTES. Is there some sort of embargo that prevents people from posting the whole page. I mean, I can understand NeoGAF, because they are completely anal regarding scans, but we aren't NeoGAF!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1306 on: May 29, 2012, 12:21:14 PM »
GAF has some retarded policies.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1307 on: May 29, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »
I just realized something how long has it been since there was a cover story on castlevania? Now I want one on gameinformer.
You're right :o The marketing started on fire this time it seems
But we don't! (Hurry up guys!)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1308 on: May 29, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
There was one for Portrait of Ruin, I believe.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1309 on: May 29, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
i think it's cuz it's such a high profile site. they have big industry designers, editors from the press, probably lawyers posting there constantly and reading posts, heh. scans and stuff fly on fansites and stuff because they don't have ppl breathing down their necks but i bet GAF got legal threats when people posted scans or something.

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1310 on: May 29, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »
+1
I'll be sitting here waiting patiently with my friends at the dungeon  ;D

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1311 on: May 29, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »

It's not retarded at all. They have people from industry after all. The scans weren't supposed to be released before the magazine even goes for sale. So they wait for direct feed screens, which in the end are better anyway.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1312 on: May 29, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
It is not you who decide it, so chill out.
And there is plenty excitement for those games, so series is alive, despite what you like to imagine. 
Was it really that offensive? Or someone just overeacted as usual?

Well, the news sounds interesting so far. I just wish right now that the game will look good, because from what I saw of 3D titles on DS they usually looked...quite, not awesome.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1313 on: May 29, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
It's not retarded at all. They have people from industry after all. The scans weren't supposed to be released before the magazine even goes for sale. So they wait for direct feed screens, which in the end are better anyway.
I keep forgetting that.

I'm just impatient. :(

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1314 on: May 29, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
+3
Aaaand HEERE COME THE DETAILS
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow hit the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2010, but its direct sequel, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow—Mirror of Fate is coming to the Nintendo 3DS. Like its predecessor, Mirror of Fate occupies a completely different Castlevania universe than the long-running timeline that was first established on the NES—but unlike Lords of Shadow, the gameplay in Mirror of Fate is far more reminiscent of Castlevania’s Nintendo DS entries, like Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia.

Mirror of Fate features polygon-based graphics, but it plays primarily in 2D and 2.5D, with the occasional shift into a fully 3D environment. Whereas Lords of Shadow had an emphasis on combat and action, Mirror of Fate encourages nonlinear exploration and discovery.

Mercury Steam, the team behind Lords of Shadow, is developing Mirror of Fate as well. “We felt that traditionally Castlevania games had done well on handheld, and indeed found a home there to a certain extent,” producer Dave Cox told Nintendo Power. “The whole team really felt we could do something special and memorable on the format that would immerse players totally. The N3DS has allowed us to create something totally unique and exclusive to the format that we think players are going to absolutely love.”

Say “Hi” to the Belmonts (Again)

The story for Mirror of Fate picks up 25 years after the end of the events that played out in Lords of Shadow. Dracula is gearing up to give humanity hell, and a young vampire hunter named Trevor Belmont steps up to stop him before things get too hairy.

The name “Trevor Belmont” should ring a very familiar bell for Castlevania fans, but again, Mirror of Fate takes place within Lords of Shadows’ continuity reboot, so this is not the same Trevor you know and (presumably) love. You should still recognize some of the threads connecting the characters, though: the gameplay in Mirror of Fate stretches across time, and players will eventually be able to control Trevor’s descendent, Simon Belmont. Two other unnamed characters are in the game as well. As Mirror of Fate progresses, you’re able to switch between the four characters at predetermined points and work through Dracula’s castle during different time periods. Each warrior boasts different abilities, and even though they’re exploring the same castle, there are marked differences between their experiences. Some paths may be closed off to characters that can’t double-jump, for example.

Hey You, Let’s Fight

Even though Mercury Steam primarily wants Mirror of Fate to be about exploration, combat still plays a big role in the game. Simon wields the fabled Vampire Killer whip, while Trevor utilizes the Combat Cross that made its debut in Lords of Shadow. Trevor can attack enemies directly with the X button, or execute a weaker, wide-reaching assault with the Y button, which is ideal when he’s surrounded by enemies. Trevor also has access to defensive blocks and dodges, can use light and shadow magic, and can wield secondary weapons like a glaive and an electric bomb.

Simon Belmont doesn’t have his ancestor’s talent for magic, but he has some familiar secondary weapons at his beck and call, such as throwing axes and burning oil that works well against crowds of baddies. He can also summon mystical guardians to fight for him, or protect him from harm.

Mirror of Fate’s home base—the Nintendo 3DS—lends the vampire hunters some help, too. You can use the touch screen to leave notes for yourself and mark places that you might like to re-visit later, and SpotPass and StreetPass will come into play, too—though the game’s publisher, Konami, is keeping those functions a secret for now.

Old Guard, Meet the New Guard

Some fans have had a hard time getting used to the darker, grittier take on Castlevania that was introduced to them in Lords of Shadow, and it’s too early to tell if Castlevania: Lords of Shadow—Mirror of Fate will make them feel at ease. However, it’s a good sign that Mercury Steam wants to re-embrace what has made Castlevania so much fun on the Nintendo DS: exploration. At the very least, it’s intriguing that Trevor and Simon make a return of sorts. There’s no vampire hunter like an old vampire hunter, even if that vampire hunter is still kind of new.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow--Mirror of Fate is scheduled to hit the Nintendo 3DS in Fall 2012.

(Source: “Into the Shadows,” written by Chris Hoffman, published in the June 2012 edition of Nintendo Power.)

2012 YAY!  ;D I loved every detail. Other 2 playable characters? Sypha + Alucard anyone? ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:48:30 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #1315 on: May 29, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »
Just, wow . . .

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1316 on: May 29, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »
Four characters, huh?

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1317 on: May 29, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »
Aaaand HEERE COME THE DETAILS
2012 YAY!  ;D I loved every detail. Other 2 playable characters? Sypha + Alucard anyone? ;)

and then I JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1318 on: May 29, 2012, 12:50:35 PM »
So this game is set only 25 years after LoS? I was expecting a time gap like in the IGA timeline. That means the date of the game is 1072.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1319 on: May 29, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
Now, I can't wait for some story details
So this game is set only 25 years after LoS? I was expecting a time gap like in the IGA timeline. So that means the date of the game is 1072.
The game begins in 1072, but as you can see, it spans decades (at the very least)
It's like 4 CV games in one O.o

Tags: .....? 

anything