Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848711 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1455 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
I have to say I'm impressed with the redesign of the Simon Dominatrix into a bad-ass barbarian warrior.

I have a sinking feeling that Trever will be Simon's partner in the form of Alucard. This Trever and SotN Alucard bear a striking resemblance. However, this idea is sort of foiled because Gabriel calls himself Dracul, not Dracula. Logically one would think that Dracul would have to have an offspring to take on the name of Dracula and HIS son would then Be Adrian/Alucard. [EDIT: Got ninja'd on this point.]

I love how all of the more ridiculous rumors were proven to be troll fuckery.

The game looks good so far and I love the refocus on exploration and the fact that Simon has the Vampire Killer. I have to agree that either Rinaldo made several combat crosses or that he makes one specifically for Trevor. In fact, I would venture to call that Rinaldo may even make an appearance even if only in a flashback.

I'm surprised no one has brought up some fundamental questions yet. For example, If Trevor is Gabriel's son, when the fuck did he have him and who with? What might be cool is if 'somehow' Gabe has a fling with a girl named Sonia who subsequently births Trevor. I'm thinking a flashback retcon will have Gabe sire Trevor some time during LoS. Either that or Trevor is a half-vamp similarly to how it was suggested in CVL that Alucard is Trevor's father making him a quarter-vamp before Sonia was purged.

My hopes are for the complete elimination or at least a full revision of QTEs (fuck that tired shit) , shimmying (should be at least severely reduced), and the Titan bosses (should be reworked if included at all).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:53:06 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1456 on: May 29, 2012, 08:51:15 PM »
Trevor is Gabriels son and he looks awesome  ;D

I do really hope now that we get commercials for this game now and good reviews in other words good luck mercurysteam you all will need it.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1457 on: May 29, 2012, 08:54:16 PM »

I do really hope now that we get commercials for this game now and good reviews in other words good luck mercurysteam you all will need it.

I agree. Good luck with marketing, though. I'll be surprised if there much of anything at all outside the gaming mags.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1458 on: May 29, 2012, 08:54:35 PM »

Trevor has the better design out of the two IMO. Don't get me wrong Simon looks badass but for some reason, I dunno the red hair maybe? Either way he's Simon Belmont I wouldn't fuck with the guy.

As for the previous poster, I'd wager that Gabriel had sex with quite a few women. Also back then they didn't have condoms or birth control so who knows how many kids he had.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1459 on: May 29, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
I LOVE this article! The new character designs for Trevor and Simon are badass. Clearly, being the son of Gabriel, Trevor IS (relatively speaking) Alucard. So it's neat to see that his design seems to be a cross between Kojima's Alucard and Trevor designs. It works.

Simon looks like the barbarian-like hero he should look like. The beard is a really cool touch. Me like.

The descriptions of the gameplay, stage that NP played through, and the overall layout of the game... is exactly what everyone has been clamoring for. I honestly think Mercurysteam listens to us, then finds a way to make these ideas more accessable to broader audiences as well. Seriously.

I'm as excited as any of you right now. This is going to be incredible. It's way more than I was expecting it to be! Dark castle where most of the game takes place, exploration, creative gameplay design, emphasis on classic-style platforming... WOW!!

I just don't have anything more words to say now.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1460 on: May 29, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
+2
Gabriel IS Dracula. In-game artwork confirms this, Cox himself confirmed it. Why are people still debating this fact?

Peeps keep taking what he said "eu sunt dracul" too literal. he was just likening himself to a dragon, like he did in Resurrection.. he didn't say "hey zobek my name is dracul"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:01:40 PM by Crisis »

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1461 on: May 29, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »
That Nintendo Power article was certainly an eye-opener --major Deja Vu...

These next couple weeks should be very interesting...

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1462 on: May 29, 2012, 08:59:23 PM »
Oh...my...God.

Words can't describe the joy I'm experiencing right now....
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #1463 on: May 29, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
+1
Trevor has the better design out of the two IMO. Don't get me wrong Simon looks badass but for some reason, I dunno the red hair maybe? Either way he's Simon Belmont I wouldn't fuck with the guy.

As for the previous poster, I'd wager that Gabriel had sex with quite a few women. Also back then they didn't have condoms or birth control so who knows how many kids he had.

Agreed, and true that to the sexing all over the place. Would be nice if they DON'T do the typical Japanese thing and "leave it to our imaginations".

Oh! Almost forgot. Two things.

1) Props on giving Simon a beard, that is a good design choice to accentuate his manliness.

2) Here's a mind fuck for you. What if they gave IGA the go ahead to make one more game in the old continuity and it was set 25 years before CV3 and it starred Gabriel Belmont? Heh heh heh. ;)
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1464 on: May 29, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »
+1

Simon looks like a fusion of his classic look and his chronicles look heck my brother said Simon looked like a caveman lol,and Gabriel has done questionable things.

I agree. Good luck with marketing, though. I'll be surprised if there much of anything at all outside the gaming mags.

From my understanding if this game is using top notch technology, then it should have commercials like kid icarus uprising.

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #1465 on: May 29, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »
Gabriel IS Dracula. In-game artwork confirms this, Cox himself confirmed it. Why are people still debating this fact?

Because he used Dracul in the ending of LoS, not Dracula. There is a difference. If he was calling himself a dragon it doesn't make sense to use Dracul at all and then to follow it up by going by Dracula in another game for real reason at all. That doesn't jive with his character which seems very purposeful in all aspects.

When did Cox confirm? Not doubting you. Just wondering.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:06:29 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1466 on: May 29, 2012, 09:03:37 PM »
yeah, it makes more sense for it to be dracul. a spelling mistake is understandable in a book, but dracul was actually spoken.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1467 on: May 29, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »
Wow! This looks awesome! I love the designs and that even Trevor's coat is similar to Alucards I can not wait!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1468 on: May 29, 2012, 09:07:49 PM »
he was just likening himself to a dragon, like he did in Resurrection.. he didn't say "hey zobek my name is dracul"

Cox also said he's Dracula in his infamous tweets. Even his artwork can be seen in the game labeled as DRACULA, not dracul

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1469 on: May 29, 2012, 09:09:20 PM »
Mark my words.

Trevor = Alucard.

Everything comes full circle

Tags: .....?