Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849024 times)

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1545 on: May 30, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »
Does anyone else thinks that the green scheme in Trevors outfit may be a reference to Sonia. I mean like, I'm expecting his mother being called Sonia if she is named

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1546 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:29 AM »
+2
Does anyone else thinks that the green scheme in Trevors outfit may be a reference to Sonia. I mean like, I'm expecting his mother being called Sonia if she is named

actually his attire was "green themed" in SOTN, so I would think of it as more of a reference to that really since this game is said to have exploration.

One thing that I wonder is that, while its great to have exploration make a return, will there be weapons and items to be found in this huge exploration castle?

You know, something akin to SOTN and the other DS titles?

I mean, It would kinda be a waste to have to travel through such a big castle without being able to find rare items and stronger weapons if you ask me.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1547 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »
Awesome news and concepts.
Really looking for the MOF and even more for the LOS2.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1548 on: May 30, 2012, 08:47:04 AM »
+3
 :o Can people start to admit it would seem Mercurystream has taken feedback in effect because, I must admit this looks waaay more Castlevanish than Lords of Shadow and very badass! I am pretty hyped for tommorrow now, I hope they don't screw LoS 2 up!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1549 on: May 30, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »
+1
I'm not really pleased with the aesthetics shown so far, but since it's side-view, I'm hoping for some verticality. It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off while maintaining a similar style of combat to Lords. I cannot really see how that combat would suit itself in situations with platforming. So yeah, curious in seeing that.

I was worried at first, because the first images were from an isometric perspective, which did not make a lick of sense if it was going to be 2.5D, but now I'm guessing they just made cinematic screen caps of the game, where the camera angles shown won't actually be the ones in the final product. Unless they really do include stupid camera angles, which would only serve to create dissonance because of the limited play field, and supplant the type of flat arena combat level design I hated in Lords.

i also do not see how this is any more castlevania than lords is. the environments are pretty similar to lords.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1550 on: May 30, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »
It Awesome!!!

Trevor and Simon It Awesome!!!!!

Source
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6264628.html
All is right with the world!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1551 on: May 30, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
actually his attire was "green themed" in SOTN, so I would think of it as more of a reference to that really since this game is said to have exploration.

One thing that I wonder is that, while its great to have exploration make a return, will there be weapons and items to be found in this huge exploration castle?

You know, something akin to SOTN and the other DS titles?

I mean, It would kinda be a waste to have to travel through such a big castle without being able to find rare items and stronger weapons if you ask me.

I always saw it yellow...I'm becoming blind   :D

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1552 on: May 30, 2012, 10:09:44 AM »
If I were to describe the color of his SotN costume, I'd say it's "olive ochre" or "tan green". So, yellow isn't that far off, IMO.

And no, I'm not gay or an interior decorator..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:12:03 AM by A-Yty »

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #1553 on: May 30, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »
I find this screen capture really suited for silly jokes  :rollseyes:

- Did you just strafe?
- Well, I...
- DID YOU JUST FUCKING STRAFE IN A 2D GAME?

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1554 on: May 30, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
May 30, 2012, 10:25:00 AM - Hidden.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1555 on: May 30, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
This honestly doesn't look much different than LoS, but at least the new character designs look good.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #1556 on: May 30, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
+1
This reboot sucks. Castlevania RIP.

Look at this for a minute:

Are you really that hopeless? It looks almost perfect to me.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1557 on: May 30, 2012, 10:59:02 AM »
I agree that Lor3ds still heavily resembles LoS, but there is a definite infusion of some of Ayami Kojima's designs in there, and that helps to make it more "familiar". If it does mostly take place in the castle, then all the better.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1558 on: May 30, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
Really can't wait to see what Dracul looks like, wonder if Zobek will show up.

I really like that the appearances and personalities of Trevor and Simon will be explained in the story, because I would really like to know what made Simon become the crazy animal he grew up to be. The dude looks incredibly barbaric, and I do see a lot of throwbacks to Kojima's Simon in his design.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1559 on: May 30, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »
Who's "Dracul?"

I can't wait to play as Trev & Simo Belmont
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:15:52 AM by Crisis »

Tags: .....? 

anything