Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848681 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1665 on: May 30, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
Bloodlines Simon theme was the best version
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1666 on: May 30, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
+1
Dracula is more of a threat than the classic timeline one (who got ressurected like 10 times in a century to die 5 minutes later)

Drac in the old timeline makes me think of this.......(Drac is Homer, the dogs are the various Belmonts and other characters who always defeat him and take away his grand visions of world domination shortly after being resurrected)

The Simpsons - Chip Thieving Dogs

I'm surprised poor ol'Drac never tried resurrecting quietly, even if only just once, to take another shot at a somewhat peaceful life. At least he'd live long enough to take a stroll around the castle.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1667 on: May 30, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »
A fitting end to Castlevania would be that Dracula wins and mankind is lost forever. I wonder how the LoS timeline will end. If Gabula is the protagonist in LoS2, then we might just get that ending. Though I guess it's gonna be something like this:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1668 on: May 30, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1669 on: May 30, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »
+3
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1670 on: May 30, 2012, 10:18:10 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I always thought they should make a full game based off of this.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1671 on: May 30, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »
I never minded Soma winning out over evil. It felt like Mathias was redeemed, and can live out his life as a human, with Mina.

At least for Aria's ending it felt better. Specially what with Aluc-er-'Arikado' thanking Soma in his Mother's name, for defeating the chaotic flow of power which kept Dracula and his castle's vicious cycle going, therefore denying his destiny and ending the threat of Dracula ever coming to pass again.

But Dawn presented the better Dracula scenario- where Mina is supposedly killed, filling Soma with enough anger to begin absorbing the chaos around him, mirroring how Mathias became Dracula after Elizabetha was killed, and declared war on humanity after Lisa was killed. It would be Dracula being reborn into Evil once again after the death of his third.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1672 on: May 30, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »
+4
(click to show/hide)
AoS, the normal ending was fine. DoS, as Flame said, set up a PERFECT bad ending that would've worked awesome in bringing back Dracula and setting up a new game with Julius. It's also insult to injury that the good ending of DoS was sooooo bad. The whole, "She got me under her finger..." urgh... so sugary it gave me cavities. URRRRRRRRRRRRG! Interestingly enough, has anybody ever translated the after story where Julius is training his successor, and they are hunting Olrox?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1673 on: May 30, 2012, 10:30:37 PM »
So that's where those cavities came from...

EDIT: nope, sadly :C

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1674 on: May 30, 2012, 11:03:02 PM »
AoS, the normal ending was fine. DoS, as Flame said, set up a PERFECT bad ending that would've worked awesome in bringing back Dracula and setting up a new game with Julius. It's also insult to injury that the good ending of DoS was sooooo bad. The whole, "She got me under her finger..." urgh... so sugary it gave me cavities. URRRRRRRRRRRRG! Interestingly enough, has anybody ever translated the after story where Julius is training his successor, and they are hunting Olrox?

Honestly, Julius mode had a better plot than the main story, and it had like, what, 3 cutscenes?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1675 on: May 30, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »
+2
Honestly, Julius mode had a better plot than the main story, and it had like, what, 3 cutscenes?
There was like 10 lines in Julius mode.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1676 on: May 31, 2012, 12:02:43 AM »
Today has been very tiring with finals and all is anything new guys and gals?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1677 on: May 31, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »
Today has been very tiring with finals and all is anything new guys and gals?

It's gonna be one hell of a night I can tell you that much.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1678 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:06 AM »
Holy crap why my mind is f@#ked up right now.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1679 on: May 31, 2012, 12:53:59 AM »
There was like 10 lines in Julius mode.

Exactly my point

Tags: .....?