Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849057 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1800 on: June 02, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »
Is it confirmed that we'll be seeing gameplay on Tuesday?
We're getting the actual trailer Tuesday, and I assume either that same day or the day after footage of the show floor demo.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1801 on: June 02, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »
Can't wait to see the gameplay footage, this weekend was already off to a rockin start and next week may end up being better.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1802 on: June 02, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
hope we find out who the other two playable characters are at E3.  there's still a chance the other two could be Christopher and Richter to round out the Classicvania club like I was thinking (how would their play style be different?).  but after seeing the LoS2 trailer, and knowing that MoS leads up to LoS2, I guess chances are indeed high Alucard will be one of them.  so many characters to choose from...

maybe if another one is indeed a Belmont, he could fight without needing to use combos?  maybe feel a lot more like an older title?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:45:44 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1803 on: June 02, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »
Can't wait to see the gameplay footage, this weekend was already off to a rockin start and next week may end up being better.

Cheers to a bright future for castlevania  :)

Also for those who do not know the schedule for nintendo's e3 it's going to be on tuesday the 5th at 9:00am and the software showcase will be the following day at 6:00 PM.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1804 on: June 03, 2012, 01:01:20 AM »
+2
We're getting the actual trailer Tuesday, and I assume either that same day or the day after footage of the show floor demo.

I just got that much more excited. I'm getting that butterfly thing.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1805 on: June 03, 2012, 01:48:21 AM »
Would be great if when the final character in MoF fights drac, he/she uses the LoS universe of the 'Greatest Five' move from PoR (could be 5 if the 3 previous characters were used, plus the current playable character and pre-drac Gabe)
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline currylemon

• Currylemon with Djip sauce
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1806 on: June 03, 2012, 02:12:41 AM »
hope we find out who the other two playable characters are at E3.  there's still a chance the other two could be Christopher and Richter to round out the Classicvania club like I was thinking (how would their play style be different?).  but after seeing the LoS2 trailer, and knowing that MoS leads up to LoS2, I guess chances are indeed high Alucard will be one of them.  so many characters to choose from...

maybe if another one is indeed a Belmont, he could fight without needing to use combos?  maybe feel a lot more like an older title?

Unless, of course, we've already seen Alucard...in the form of Trevor!
What!? All that meat, and NO potatoes?!

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1807 on: June 03, 2012, 07:14:42 AM »
Unless, of course, we've already seen Alucard...in the form of Trevor!
yeah, that's the thing.  if Trevor = Alucard is true, and Alucard does make an appearance as a playable character in LoS, i don't know if that would count as one or two playable characters.  if they hid the fact they were the same, especially if the game style was completely different (sword instead of whip), it could count as two.  or they could just have Trevor turn into Alucard at the end of the game and leave the actual "play as Alucard with a sword" thing to Lords of Shadow 2.

Offline currylemon

• Currylemon with Djip sauce
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1808 on: June 03, 2012, 07:27:04 AM »
+1
I think that's going to be the crux of the big twist that makes Simon so angry (Trevor turning into Alucard at the end of MoF), but I guess we'll see tuesday.
What!? All that meat, and NO potatoes?!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1809 on: June 03, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »
I always forget about Bloodlines, because it's so meh. It wasn't fully functional either.
It was, it just worked differently. You couldnt hang there indefinitely, but you could swing from any flat ceiling, and I think you could keep swinging along it couldnt you?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1810 on: June 03, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
You couldnt hang there indefinitely

That's what I mean by not fully functional. You couldn't hang and swing back and forth with your own control like SCVIV did before it.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1811 on: June 03, 2012, 03:53:54 PM »
That's what I mean by not fully functional. You couldn't hang and swing back and forth with your own control like SCVIV did before it.
It's still there though.

Also, we don't know if LoS:MoF one will be like SCIV or Bloodlines.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1812 on: June 03, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »
Hey, considering that in MoF you play during progressive centuries, perhaps one of the remaining two playable characters is in fact Alucard. This would still allow for Trevor to be Alucard.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1813 on: June 03, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »
if Richter makes it in, but Christopher doesn't, we'll get to add one more point to the "Christopher is always neglected" score.  Him and Grant should get together sometimes.  But poor Grant hasn't even had his own game or comic series.  It'd be funny if Grant ended up being one of the playables in this game though.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1814 on: June 03, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
Hey, Chris got his own ReBirth title.  That's something, no?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....?