Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848658 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2865 on: June 12, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
+2
How about we talk about Simon?

Simon's a ginger, and I'm not too fond of the idea that he must rely on spirit animals for help. He's always been the "lone warrior" type, but gameplay-wise it might be fun.

Either way he still looks better than he did in the LoS-prototype footage (*coughaltairbelmontcough*)

-1? Really? I guess I forget this forum is too full of game fan angst to have any positive discussion

Don't worry about it, it's the noobs that are responsible.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2866 on: June 12, 2012, 05:55:13 PM »
+9
Only you castlevania nerds and the minority thinks that it's better......

Excuse me. If you're not a Castlevania nerd, I have some bad news....

You're on the wrong forum.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2867 on: June 12, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »
+3
EDIT: -1? Really? I guess I forget this forum is too full of game fan angst to have any positive discussion
I would tottally ignore this system. Like I've said, it's too easy to exploit, and it doesn't say nothing at all.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2868 on: June 12, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »
Simon's a ginger, and I'm not too fond of the idea that he must rely on spirit animals for help. He's always been the "lone warrior" type, but gameplay-wise it might be fun.

Either way he still looks better than he did in the LoS-prototype footage (*coughaltairbelmontcough*)

Depending on how the spirit animals are implemented, I think they could still keep the lone warrior feel.

I'm not a huge fan of the idea of Simon calling in animals to smack badguys, like Maria and her dove/pidgeon spam, where they do all the fighting for him, but I though of something:
What if they made the spirit animals like some sort of Power-Ranger-esque thing were of instead of actually summoning the animals like familars, they'd just enhance him for a brief attack, like smashing a brick with bear strength or making an extra-long jump with owl wings.

It's just a thought.

I would tottally ignore this system. Like I've said, it's too easy to exploit, and it doesn't say nothing at all.

True, it's just that -1 means someone was actually enjoying that. Ugh
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:00:28 PM by e105beta »

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2869 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »
The Spirit Animals or whatever may be implemented much like a Barbarian/Berserker in D&D in a sense.  So it could be neat.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2870 on: June 12, 2012, 06:08:22 PM »
The Spirit Animals or whatever may be implemented much like a Barbarian/Berserker in D&D in a sense.  So it could be neat.

You'll have to refresh my memory. It's been awhile since I've played/played with a Barbarian.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2871 on: June 12, 2012, 06:13:06 PM »
+2
Only you castlevania nerds and the minority thinks that it's better.

I love classical orchestral music. But Araujo's is mostly boring and not terribly engaging outside of a few choice tracks.

I love this idea too. Simon needs to be able to summon an awesome bear helper. His part of the game should be like Taito's brawler Growl where a ridiculous amount of forest animals help him beat up demons.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2872 on: June 12, 2012, 06:21:04 PM »
I keep getting the idea the spirit animals will function like Maria's guardians in Rondo of Blood. If Sypha is a Belnades and has magical properties, that would explain where Simon inherited his gift. It would also make up for the fact that Simon can't access dark and light magic like his predecessors.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2873 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:32 PM »
You'll have to refresh my memory. It's been awhile since I've played/played with a Barbarian.

Basically Barbarians can call on Ancestral Spirits through their Rages.

For example calling on the Earth Dragon Spirit allows the Barbarian to cause minor quakes or tremors with each attack or move.

You basically obtain certain attributes and effects in the form of raw power.

Offline BingleGod

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2874 on: June 12, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »
+1
Quote from: Kingshango
Trying to find the interview now(it's also buried in the LOS1 megathread somewhere) but the word "effeminate" was thrown in by Araujo.

Huh. Well, looks like I have a reason to dislike him outside of his music. I mean, I'm not even bothered by him apparently not liking the previous games' soundtracks, even though most of them demonstrate a far greater musical dynamism than his ability to invert a minor or major chord unendingly. What I am bothered by is that he using "femininity" as a negative descriptor. That's more explicitly sexist than anything Igarashi ever said (which is not to say that a number of Igarashi's statements weren't sexist). It's also a poor negative descriptor; I don't see how any of the soundtracks fit into a given popular society's ideas of "effeminacy."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2875 on: June 12, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »
These ones are actually good in my humble opinion:

Castlevania - Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears Symphonic Orchestral Metal version
Castlevania- The Vampire Killer (Inspired by Lords of Shadow)
Castlevania Bloody Tears (Bloody Hell)
you know those arent from the game right?

also, sometimes I feel like the only person who liked LoS' OST, found it good, and liked and what it tried to do.
*sigh*  :-\
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2876 on: June 12, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »

also, sometimes I feel like the only person who liked LoS' OST, found it good, and liked and what it tried to do.

I don't think most people are outrightly AGAINST Lords of Shadow's music. It's just hard a pill to swallow when we've been used to a completely different set of music style for most of the games up until LoS. I remember not liking Rondo's music because I at first thought it was too pop-like and upbeat, but after some listen-throughs, I found it was appropriate for it's game.

Maybe the music Lords had was appropriate for it's game, but that just kinda cements the view that it wasn't much of a Castlevania game.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2877 on: June 12, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »

Don't feel too lonely. I'm the same way

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2878 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:37 PM »
+2
Simon's a ginger

Simon has a soul!!!

wow I cannot believe I just went there shame on me   :-[
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2879 on: June 12, 2012, 11:18:28 PM »
Cox on twitter confirmed Sypha is Trevor's wife so that's good. I doubt we'll see too much of her, but I'm glad they take that in to consideration. I'm so excited for this game
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Tags: .....?