Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848857 times)

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3600 on: August 15, 2012, 05:04:05 PM »
Alucard looks interesting. Kind of undead. And why he dressed very similar to Trevor?
Intriguing.

The game looks better and better.

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3601 on: August 15, 2012, 05:10:44 PM »
Alucard looks interesting. Kind of undead. And why he dressed very similar to Trevor?
Intriguing.

The game looks better and better.

i really like alucard's look. the artist's name escapes me at the moment but pretty much all of the artwork is amazing. except for the weird gorilla room, what the bleep is that?

but that is what the debate is at the moment about alucard looking a fair bit like trevor... or at least wearing trevor's clothes.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3602 on: August 15, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »
Maybe the green color faded from Trevors coat overtime and became black or maybe the green turned black because of the lost soul thing green to black and brown hair to sliver/white hair due to the silver mask thing that the soul has.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:14:40 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3603 on: August 15, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
Maybe the green color faded from Trevors coat overtime and became black or maybe the green turned black because of the lost soul thing green to black and brown hair to sliver/white hair due to the silver mask thing that the soul has.

i'm thinking that the mirror has something to do with it. that perhaps alucard is only a parallel reality to trevor.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3604 on: August 15, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »
I'm kinda wondering who's the face in the stained glass window:

Probably Igor.
...Wait, gimme a list of bosses already in LoS, I kinda forgot.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3605 on: August 15, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »
i hope it's wallman o.o;

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3606 on: August 15, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »
+1
care to explain?

And before you do, am I going to get some kind of exploitable loophole to Cox's statement answer lol?

Depends what you consider an "exploitable loophole", and what you consider fairly basic, if not evasive logic.

Someone asked whether Alucard is Trevor and Cox said no. This is a true statement if Alucard also consists of someone else in Trevor's body, as no, Alucard would not be Trevor.

But really, I'm not sure why people expect Cox to give them straight answers ahead of schedule when MercurySteam is clearly trying to keep the story a secret.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3607 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »

But really, I'm not sure why people expect Cox to give them straight answers ahead of schedule when MercurySteam is clearly trying to keep the story a secret.

Well he could have went with the "no comment" line he was using in that interview.

At least that way the fans would still be left guessing as to whether or not its him.

Instead he flat out said NO which obviously would cause fans who are more trusting of his words to believe that Trevor won't change into Alucard later on in the game.

If so, he is misleading the fans purposely.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3608 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »

exactly what i thought...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3609 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:55 PM »
+1
Let us journey.. Through the Mines of Moria!
I dont get it.

Not necessarily.

care to explain?

And before you do, am I going to get some kind of exploitable loophole to Cox's statement answer lol?

Well... Sort of? I mean, Alucard is NOT Trevor.

He can still however, "have been" Trevor.

And I really do not understand why so many people are swinging for the Satan possession theory. It just makes no sense, when the epilogue to LoS clearly marks the actual return of Satan, as most likely the big bad.

MoF is supposed to be more of what the fans wanted, which is Belmonts vs Dracula, with Alucard thrown in for good measure. it tells the story of what Dracula was up to between LoS and LoS2. It's where he "no doubt once was" the Dragon, as Zobek put it.

Satan has no part in what MoF is about. He got his ass GOD whupped by Gabriel, and MoF is not too far after LoS, allowing for at least 2 generations afterwards, for both Trevor to grow up, and Simon to grow up. I'm pretty sure Satan will need a bit more time than that to build up his vengeance.

Im more convinced the "Lost soul" is Zobek, an that he, as the Lord of the Dead, will have some part in Trevor's resurrection as Alucard. Or maybe the lost soul is NOT Zobek, and is instead something to do with the Mirror of fate, like some kind of soul bound to it or something. But I couldnt count Zobek out just yet. his dialogue with Gabuela suggest they have seen each other post LoS.

As to the screens and artworks,

Fuck yeah, that shit is bonafide creepy and I fucking love it. The face is probably like, a toymaker or something? Probably something along the lines of Frankenstein, where you go through his trashed workshop and fight possessed demonic toys and shit. We might even fight the Puppetmaster, who could be the Toymaker's soul bound to a demonic puppet.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3610 on: August 15, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »
I dont get it.

care to explain?

Well... Sort of? I mean, Alucard is NOT Trevor.

He can still however, "have been" Trevor.

And I really do not understand why so many people are swinging for the Satan possession theory. It just makes no sense, when the epilogue to LoS clearly marks the actual return of Satan, as most likely the big bad.

MoF is supposed to be more of what the fans wanted, which is Belmonts vs Dracula, with Alucard thrown in for good measure. it tells the story of what Dracula was up to between LoS and LoS2. It's where he "no doubt once was" the Dragon, as Zobek put it.

Satan has no part in what MoF is about. He got his ass GOD whupped by Gabriel, and MoF is not too far after LoS, allowing for at least 2 generations afterwards, for both Trevor to grow up, and Simon to grow up. I'm pretty sure Satan will need a bit more time than that to build up his vengeance.

Im more convinced the "Lost soul" is Zobek, an that he, as the Lord of the Dead, will have some part in Trevor's resurrection as Alucard. Or maybe the lost soul is NOT Zobek, and is instead something to do with the Mirror of fate, like some kind of soul bound to it or something. But I couldnt count Zobek out just yet. his dialogue with Gabuela suggest they have seen each other post LoS.

As to the screens and artworks,

Fuck yeah, that shit is bonafide creepy and I fucking love it. The face is probably like, a toymaker or something? Probably something along the lines of Frankenstein, where you go through his trashed workshop and fight possessed demonic toys and shit. We might even fight the Puppetmaster, who could be the Toymaker's soul bound to a demonic puppet.

we'll know for sure with the titles of the artwork... when they are released... officially. whenever that might be. when the artwork/stills came in for CLOS2, i had wondered who's tomb gabriel touched in the trailer... and the title told me.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3611 on: August 15, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
What did Cox outright lie to us about before?
Anyway, I'm sure Zobek will be around...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3612 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »
Anyway, I'm sure Zobek will be around...

The most glaring example that frequently gets brought up is when he said unequivocally that Lords of Shadow would not have any Quick Time Events. As we all know, it wound up having dozens of them.
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3613 on: August 15, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
+1

i just... what does it matter? i mean... really.  :-\

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3614 on: August 15, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »
Stuff

We've all come to an agreement that, while it's not nessearily Satan possessing Trevor, we all think he has been corrupted by someone. Could be the lost soul or Zobek, but whatever it is, it had to have come with a price that in the end, could turn ugly for Trevor.

No great power is without a high price. I have no idea where I got that from.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:19:50 PM by Kingshango »

Tags: .....? 

anything