Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848998 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4950 on: February 28, 2013, 06:59:47 PM »
Did something happen to em?
He was tired of the series already (see "I want this game to make enough money for me to retire") and his lastes release were toxic. He's probably an administrative now.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4951 on: February 28, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
I imagine that because he dont wanna to be known as "CV Guy", but as IGA, Koji Igarashi. Im not in his position, but is easy to know that one person wanna to be remembered as himself, not because of only ONE of his works.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4952 on: February 28, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »
+3
Did something happen to em?

He either decided to change his career, or lost his cellphone and acquired a new carrier. The CV community isn't 100% sure.

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4953 on: February 28, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »
Well, someone else on gamefaqs got the full game. So anyone hoping to avoid spoilers might want to steer clear from there.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4954 on: February 28, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »
Well im a glutton for spoilers but I'll be a nice guy and not mention them here. Especially if it relates to THAT certain issue.

Edit: Man I keep hearing that the final game is not nearly as bad as the demo is, what the hell Konami, you trying to NOT get people to like this game?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:43:23 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4955 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »
He either decided to change his career, or lost his cellphone and acquired a new carrier. The CV community isn't 100% sure.

Neither is Konami.

ZIIIIIIIING

It seemed like from his later interviews that IGA got sick of working on only Castlevania. I can't blame him after about ten years of it, but dammit, I still itch for another of his games after OoE.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:52:25 PM by Munchy »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #4956 on: February 28, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »
Edit: Man I keep hearing that the final game is not nearly as bad as the demo is, what the hell Konami, you trying to NOT get people to like this game?
It's LoS all over again.

Also, King, would you kindly PM some spoilers! Thank you (:

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4957 on: February 28, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
I see no spoilers on Gamefaqs, just a bunch of guys calling each other stupid.

EDIT: Nevermind, one guy posted a picture of the box and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:35:05 PM by Munchy »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4958 on: February 28, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »
It's nothing we won't be able to see in the beginning of the game and stuff we already know. One nice thing I've heard is that there's more exploration than the demo lead to believe, it's possible to even get lost.

Oh and someone on Reddit also has the full game.

And another oh, it seems there's a glitch in the demo that will let you explore further areas
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:35:15 PM by Kingshango »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4959 on: February 28, 2013, 09:33:58 PM »
Eh.  NeoGAF just has a bunch of Iga piners.
That's not really the impression I get whenever I see people talking about LoS1 over there. They raved about THAT game and how great it was. The demo of this one seems to be getting the polar opposite.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4960 on: February 28, 2013, 09:37:16 PM »
Kingshango, I trust you to inform me whenever relevant information about that comes lo light.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4961 on: February 28, 2013, 09:47:55 PM »
+1
So, Zombie Wolves?

I am the ZOMBY WOOF
I'm that creature all the ladies been
Talkin' about

I am the ZOMBY WOOF
They all seek for shelter when I come chargin' out

Tellin' you all the Zomby troof
Here I'm is, the ZOMBY WOOF

Tellin' you all the Zomby troof
Here I'm is . . .

...Zombie Werewolves would be cool. I hope the Necromancer has a few more tricks up his sleeve. His summoning reminded me of Shaft's Ghost.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4962 on: February 28, 2013, 10:23:38 PM »
OK, impressions of the demo:

The framerate is as god awful as everyone says it is. Absolutely abysmal. When you have more than two enemies on the screen, the frame rate TANKS, >>EVEN WITHOUT THE 3D ON<<. It causes lag in your button inputs, which can screw up your combos, make you not jump, or attack, or the action that is about to save you from being hit in the face. Then with the 3D on? Pfft, good luck man.

The combos feel limp compared to the first game. Some stuff works, some doesn't. There doesn't seem to be a huge different in area and direct attack base ranges either. They're both pretty short. I did however like how they simplified some returning moves, such as the hold Y. Overall I don't mind this kind of combat system in a 2D platformer. I wish the controls were tighter though.

The controls are laggy and the character feels slow. You also don't have nearly as much control over the character as the old games. Everything seems sluggish. Some of the controls aren't very intuitive either. There is no excuse for pulling in the LoS1 ledge system into a 2D game. You don't need scripted ledge sequenced in this kind of game. They make you go through it too, or suffer fall damage. What an annoying and useless design element.

I had already cancelled my preorder, and this demo made no headway in getting me back on board. I was really hoping they would pull it together here and deliver something great, but I can't say I'm impressed. I'm skipping this one, sorry guys.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:25:14 PM by uzo »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4963 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »
This game was too ambitious for 3DS. That was obvious.

Unevitable HD version, here I come.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4964 on: February 28, 2013, 10:33:58 PM »
Wow, its so bad like that? I thought it would be better than LoS or atleast at the same level of quality. :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: .....? 

anything