Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848615 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4995 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Well, finally got a chance to play and beat the demo in-between classes today (US citizen here, btw). Now, I am a person who has liked all the games in the series prior to LoS. LoS just did not click with me. The environments in LoS where pretty, but that's about all I liked of LoS.

Now, as for Mirror of Fate. Overall, I actually liked the demo. I didn't really have a problem with the controls and I thought everything played fine. My only complaint like someone else mentioned is that for me, it was hard to tell if the subweapon was actually doing any damage. The music was pretty bland in my opinion too, but obviously this is not the full game, so the full game might have some better music maybe.

I actually had fun playing the demo. I was worried since I didn't like LoS, but MoF doesn't seem bad. I remember when MoF was first announced I was excited about it, cause it did look good, but I was remaining cautious seeing as I disliked LoS. Hopefully the full game is not disappointing, but I like what I've seen and played so far.

Did you charge the boomerangs up? Their one hit kills and I believe they posses stun effects with the purple electricity and all that jazz.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4996 on: March 01, 2013, 11:54:31 AM »
See Crisis? Its all your fault, stop trolling Konami hiding their money and return to the forums. xD

I say Crisis because I do not know the word in English to say when you have no money... XD. And the previous post was respondiento another that spoke of a rumor of a new set of MS on CV, but the post is gone ... would be a fake ..
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4997 on: March 01, 2013, 11:58:35 AM »
Well im a glutton for spoilers but I'll be a nice guy and not mention them here. Especially if it relates to THAT certain issue.

Edit: Man I keep hearing that the final game is not nearly as bad as the demo is, what the hell Konami, you trying to NOT get people to like this game?
I'm a glutton for spoilers myself, hit a brother up.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4998 on: March 01, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »
Uhhh.. What's fake B?  ???

Also does anyone here think that if "team A" worked on mof we would not be in this predicament?

Forgot my post! i was answer a wrong post!!
spoke of a new CV of MS, but I was totally confused. I got confused, the news was about MoF.

Edit: But what he said is true and makes me think, did not lay off anyone and left over 25 people right now unless you are doing something for the PS4 (its logo appeared)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:03:06 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4999 on: March 01, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »
Only thing I disliked was whip swing mechanics but I got used to them real fast.  It just felt weird.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5000 on: March 01, 2013, 12:25:28 PM »
Did you charge the boomerangs up? Their one hit kills and I believe they posses stun effects with the purple electricity and all that jazz.

No, I didn't! I clearly need to play the demo again. I didn't know that you could charge the boomerang.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5001 on: March 01, 2013, 12:37:54 PM »
The controls in MoF makes me realize how incredibly tight the DS Castlevanias were. Controlling Trevor is anything but tight, but the more I play the demo the more comfortable I feel.

I felt that way too. Its strange how even classic style games like Adventure Rebirth still feel like you have more control.

After finishing the demo, I still don't feel very strongly either way. There were some enemies that only took a couple hits to kill, and some of the skeletons attack you in the classic style. I still feel the combat leaves a lot to be desired. You could just use the long range attack over and over, and you would even hit the projectiles out of the way doing that. Its far too powerful. I'll probably wait for this game to drop in price before picking it up. It didn't feel like a strong entry for the series. Also, the somewhat dynamic camera was just annoying in my opinion. It should stay still, its a 2D game...
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5002 on: March 01, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
No, I didn't! I clearly need to play the demo again. I didn't know that you could charge the boomerang.

Yeah the boomerang is op

helps me with the final boss in the demo takes a small fraction of it's health when it rushes me. I have 6 Boomerangs right? That right there is alot of damage provided you can charge it up. Got to find the space and time to do it.

Again my problem is that the demo is hecka easy and for the most part the controls work well for me heck mostly everything works for me mostly (the chain grapple swing thing should just be r and then use the circle pad no need for b in my opinion) :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5003 on: March 01, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »
The charge boomerang plus the hold Y combo does ridiculous amounts of damage from what I've seen. Takes an enemy's health down quick, including the boss.

Edit: And if you press L and hold Y there's a guard breaker that should break through the skeletons shield leaving it open to attack.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:08:19 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5004 on: March 01, 2013, 01:01:21 PM »
Which gives people little reason to complain about enemies being sponges.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5005 on: March 01, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »
Need a 3DS, need.....

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5006 on: March 01, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »
Need a 3DS, need.....

You can't have mine.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5007 on: March 01, 2013, 01:31:39 PM »

Edit: And if you press L and hold Y there's a guard breaker that should break through the skeletons shield leaving it open to attack.

takes too long for my taste I use just guarding instead.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5008 on: March 01, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »
The European website launched with some new stuff.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-Mirror-of-Fate-703705.html

And spooky music.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5009 on: March 01, 2013, 02:22:31 PM »
The European website launched with some new stuff.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-Mirror-of-Fate-703705.html

And spooky music.

Aww man.... this is some good stuff way better than the demo music this portrays alot of emtion mostly dread which I cannot find a better word if someone can, please do.

Edit:
       Well this game is the most anticipated on the 3ds right now at gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/games/nintendo-3ds?nav=28-xu0,131a2-ffff2418-5
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:40:43 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Tags: .....?