Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274201 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:54:01 AM »
Whats up guys? it has been friggin FOR-EV-ER since i've been on the forum but i thought this would be the best way to bounce back  ;D I've been on a long hiatus due to work, im getting married next thursday, getting my band back together, so to say the VERY least i've been a touch busy lol.  Anyways, Darkman and i needed a little break from Vamprotector (trust me, its not dead! we have BOTH been slammed with everything BUT the game here as of late!) but i wanted a little change of pace...so for the longest time i have been wanting to remake Dracula's Curse and i started putting some time towards it  ;D i know there is another version floating around but i thought to hell with it, this is all in fun anyways so why not do my own version?  Im making some GREAT progress thus far, due largely in part to me working on Vamprotector and im really polishing up my programming skills.  So far, i have the first 3 stages completely mapped out, including the 2 Mad Forest stages so ive basically got 4 stages ready to roll and im going to work on it more this evening and weekend so i should have a couple more levels cranked out by Monday.  That being said, i should have this one done fairly quickly.  I took a different approach this time, instead of trying to just do a level and then add my enemies, im going to make all the stages first and then go back and add all the enemies and such.  MUCH better approach IMO.  And of course, since im doing 100% of the game, im going to be remixing the entire CVIII OST with my remixes so expect it to be completely brutal and VERY well polished compared to the Vamprotector OST.  Im at work now and cant make a vid while im here, but i plan on getting some screen shots of my progress so make sure to check back over the weekend and monday and see the updates!!!  As far as the game goes, i want to do something a little different with it, mainly with Alucard.  Im going to include all of his SOTN skills (including spells) and depending on what you use and where, it will reveal hidden routes ala RoB style so that should prove to be pretty gnarly!  Glad to be back guys and i cant wait for you all to see what i've got going so far!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »
+2
Congratulations on getting married soon.

However, I must protest this idea. Not based on it's design or concept, but based in that you're falling into a dangerous trap. Work on and finish one project at a time. It seems doable to you now, but it isn't. I've fallen into the trap myself, and realized it just isn't going to work out the way it seems. Focus on one game, then make another after. Your second game will be that much better as a result anyway, with the experience of the first.

Putting out one game start to finish is a lot more involved than first timers think. You will run into numerous situations you didn't realize would happen, so much that you'll be way off target with your projected release window typically.

Learn these lessons on one game first, before multiplying the havoc with more.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »
Gratz on getting married! How'd the two of you meet if you don't mind my asking?
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
I saw the topic of this title and thought it was about my homebrew game/engine/alpha (which has exactly the same name, by the way).

Mine's been on hiatus for many years now but I still haven't given up hope.  Thread here:
**Clicky**

But congrats on the life-changing experiences, there.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 06:59:59 PM »
I'll have a look Jorge! Have you considered mentioning Joy to Key for those of us who want to play with a controller?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »
Congratulations on getting married soon.

However, I must protest this idea. Not based on it's design or concept, but based in that you're falling into a dangerous trap. Work on and finish one project at a time. It seems doable to you now, but it isn't. I've fallen into the trap myself, and realized it just isn't going to work out the way it seems. Focus on one game, then make another after. Your second game will be that much better as a result anyway, with the experience of the first.

Putting out one game start to finish is a lot more involved than first timers think. You will run into numerous situations you didn't realize would happen, so much that you'll be way off target with your projected release window typically.

Learn these lessons on one game first, before multiplying the havoc with more.
To Warmachine's defense, Vamprotector is more my project while Dracula's Curse is his brainchild.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 07:48:08 AM »
Gratz on getting married! How'd the two of you meet if you don't mind my asking?
Wow! a ton of responses already lol. sorry for taking so long dudes, i am on my iphone for the net right now.  Anyways, Uzo, thanks for the input dude, trust me, i know where you're coming from dude.  Been there done that lol.  I've been itching to do this for some time now and if it wasnt for the quick turnout i've already had with it i probably wouldnt even be messing with it, but im basically treating this like a second game since i've learned so much when coding Vamprotector so its all good dude.  Phoenix, thanks for the congrats man!  Funny story really, Facebook....as much as i dont like it, we hooked up that way lol.  My ex set up my facebook, she said if i didnt she would and look at the outcome....met my wife LMFAO!!! Jorge, i had no idea you had one dude, thats awesome!  I'd love to see it man!  I had no intentions of stepping on anyones toes or anything with this, like i said i know there are other CVIII remakes floating around, mine's just like Vamprotector with Darkman, just for fun.  No competitiveness with me dude, its all for love of CV dude!  And Darkman, thanks for the assist bro! lol

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 04:54:42 PM »
I know what you mean by meeting people through the strangest of places. My brother met his fiance through church, while I myself have been trying online dating, However you meet someone who makes enough of an impact to make you want to be married to them (technically him or her but no time for semantics), the fact remains that marriage is marriage and a time for celebration.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 05:42:38 AM »
Definitely dude! lol thats how it goes more often than not, when you least expect it!  Thanks for the props guys, now i want to give you guys an update.  As of yesterday afternoon i have completely finished the ghost ship, so that puts me up to this : Warakiya Village, Clocktower, Mad Forest ptI and II and Haunted Ship of Fools.  I plan on working on the marsh and alucards cave later this afternoon, im crankin em out pretty quick guys!  Before i go any further I will give you guys some screen shots this evening  ;D

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 11:54:07 PM »
Can't wait, especially after Obreck's great CVIII remake hit a snag when he left the project!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 06:27:43 AM »
Hey guys, welp, honeymoon's over lmao so its time back to work im afraid :( BUT that doesnt go without saying that i didnt get anything accomplished over my break  ;D Here's where im at right now:

Village - Complete
Clocktower - 99% Complete - still need to implement swinging pendulums.
Mad Forest - Complete
Mad Forest II - Complete
Ghost Ship - Complete
Marsh - Complete
Alucard's Cave - Complete

The next thing on the agenda is completing Alucard's Cave pt II.  Im taking a little different approach this time round, completing level design and layout PRIOR to enemies, items, etc.  It seems to be going a LOT smoother than with Vamprotector and i hope within the next month i will have this game completed :) I will also be remixing all the OST (of course heavy metal based \m/ ;D\m/) and that will be available as download as well.  Im REALLY getting pumped about this guys, im sure you all are going to love it!!!

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »
are you working on the jorge´s CVIII remake or i am wrong?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »
He's not.
This is a whole new thing.

However, I'm interested in this.  My project seems to be in permanent hiatus, so let me know if you guys need anything from me.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 10:02:04 AM »
are you working on the jorge´s CVIII remake or i am wrong?
Nah man, this is my deal.  Sorry for the confusion guys, i didnt realize Jorge had his with the same name (doh!) :rollseyes:

He's not.
This is a whole new thing.

However, I'm interested in this.  My project seems to be in permanent hiatus, so let me know if you guys need anything from me.
Thanks Jorge, i appreciate it man!  Right now its just me solo on this one, Vamprotector while not gone is definitely on back burner at the moment and Darkman and I just havent had the time we both would like to put into it as of late.  The CVIII remake was something i thought would be awesome a few years ago when i first jumped into programming and has had a close place to my heart ever since lol.  This was something that i could play around with to give myself a change of pace as well as learn from it and use what i get along the way for future projects  ;D no worries tho man, i'll give it a different title, hiatus or not, you pulled the trigger first man so its all yours!  I'll let you guys know as soon as i get a beta ready.  As it stands now, i am just working on stage design and the only sprites i have are Trevor and Alucard, which as of yesterday i fixed the player select ala original CVIII.  Im making some GREAT progress thus far and when i get further along i will keep you guys posted  ;D

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
How about some screen shots, and or video.

Tags: