Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274398 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2013, 10:11:43 AM »
thanks vlad :) sorry about the link, let me check it out, i may have fat fingered a word.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »
I like how you put in Dracula's theme in the latter part of the keep from SCV IV. Nice homage!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »
What would be neat is having some lanterns light up as Trevor makes his way to the Grand Staircase like in SCV4.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2013, 09:39:19 PM »
About the crumbling blocks, you might want to give them a little crumbling animation at the end instead of having them disappear instantly after they reach their crumbling point.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2013, 02:47:13 AM »
thanks as usual guys! briraka, thats exactly what im going to do :) just havent coded it yet :) and i agree vlad. i also have some fragments that fall with them, i just havent added them yet. thanks again guys :)

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2013, 09:55:34 AM »
 ;D wow ! when do you think for the game to be available ?

It look's really great !

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2013, 10:26:19 AM »
thanks! hopefully in the next couple of months. im shooting for july or august if all continues to go well :)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
Update time fellas  ;D i finished up the enemy layout yesterday, along with some cool ideas for the boss fight (mainly environmental) so next on the agenda is player damage and sub weapon implementation 8) as soon as i have those ironed out i will post a demo vid for you! Not to jinx progress lol but if the rest goes this smoothly i may.be.cranking out a playable demo very soon!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2013, 04:55:32 AM »
As promised :)
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzxwnkhls2sba3x/Stage%201%20-%20Warakiya%20Village.wmv

Chock full of bugs but getting there. Let me be the first to say that i know of all the bugs lol, i just wanted to give you guys a preview of how its shaping up :) last night i started working on player damage and got it fixed so next vid will look much better!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »
Some questions: don't the Medusa Heads have a separate animation for ascending, and are you really planning on them going at that speed, and also letting the Bone Pillars fire from offscreen?

Oh, and Castlevania Fighter has a reshaded Skull Knight that looks better, maybe you should try asking Serio for it.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:32 AM »
Some questions: don't the Medusa Heads have a separate animation for ascending, and are you really planning on them going at that speed, and also letting the Bone Pillars fire from offscreen?

Oh, and Castlevania Fighter has a reshaded Skull Knight that looks better, maybe you should try asking Serio for it.
For the 1st question, lol i know there are issues with the animation, just a small tweak to fix.  Also regarding the speed, it will be adjusted and more fluent when i have the demo ready.  There are several little bugs that need worked out but for the most part it is shaping up quite nicely.  As for the bone pillars, no lol.  Another bug, they wont be triggered to shoot at you until you are close, just like in the original.  I want to add a few new perks but not stray too far from the original as well, i e alucard will have black hair instead of his SOTN trademark white.  I just wanted to throw together a quick demo vid as to show you guys i'm still at it :)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2013, 10:47:33 AM »

I actually thought the Skull Knight didn't look bad at all! I am curious as to how the Serio version looks though.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2013, 10:50:37 AM »
I actually thought the Skull Knight didn't look bad at all! I am curious as to how the Serio version looks though.
thanks dude :) serios version has a lot of blue and the shield is red. Looks very similar to the nes version. I liked the HoD style myself :)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2013, 03:09:53 PM »
thanks dude :) serios version has a lot of blue and the shield is red. Looks very similar to the nes version. I liked the HoD style myself :)
I do too! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything