Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194130 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #615 on: October 26, 2018, 06:59:33 PM »
I thought it was all fantastic, just wanted to ask how much did IGA have to do with this? did he work on the story or was he just a supervisor?

He was a consultant in the first season. He had nothing to do with season 2.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #616 on: October 26, 2018, 08:11:16 PM »
Ahh thank you, I wondered if something like that was the case

(click to show/hide)
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #617 on: October 26, 2018, 09:18:06 PM »
My quick thoughts

(click to show/hide)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #618 on: October 26, 2018, 11:43:05 PM »
As much as I loved this season I have to say It stuck out like a sore thumb that they seem to have confused the mechanics of what a Devil Forgemaster is within the canon, pretty much Hector and Issac in this series are necromancers from everything I saw.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:48:42 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #619 on: October 27, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »
Hey guys... my sister and I made a new meme...
https://imgur.com/a/AaLbjUF

Raw version:
https://imgur.com/a/qTKWYuY

As much as I loved this season I have to say It stuck out like a sore thumb that they seem to have confused the mechanics of what a Devil Forgemaster is within the canon, pretty much Hector and Issac in this series are necromancers from everything I saw.

Yeah, that was odd.  They were golem animators.  I suppose one could argue that they were basically making flesh golems, but I think they just didn't do enough research on the game; we even get to see the process of devil forging in the video game, so they don't really have any excuse.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:30:36 AM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #620 on: October 27, 2018, 01:00:05 AM »
You know, creative liberties are a thing. There is a reason why they'll always say "Based on *Insert Franchise Here*". That is why they'll have original characters shoehorned with some new changes to pre existing characters like Isaac and some canon like changes. While yes, this is basically Dracula's Curse, one can say it's just one big inspiration to create it's own stand alone story/timeline. Not to mention it isn't really easy to adapt a video game into a movie or series because it doesn't translate well in screenplay.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #621 on: October 27, 2018, 01:16:02 AM »
You know, creative liberties are a thing. There is a reason why they'll always say "Based on *Insert Franchise Here*". That is why they'll have original characters shoehorned with some new changes to pre existing characters like Isaac and some canon like changes.

Sorry but I'm not going to buy into the whole "creative liberties" excuse when we have so many obvious references to the previous canon within this series, there is legit no good reason to call them Devil Forgemasters and not expect us as fans to want them to actually BE Devil Forgemasters, as I said earlier they are pretty much necromancers here and should have been called such honestly even if it would have been weird to have Hector and Issac called that but pretty much they ARE Necromancers here and all but name.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #622 on: October 27, 2018, 07:11:03 AM »
+1
You know, creative liberties are a thing. There is a reason why they'll always say "Based on *Insert Franchise Here*". That is why they'll have original characters shoehorned with some new changes to pre existing characters like Isaac and some canon like changes. While yes, this is basically Dracula's Curse, one can say it's just one big inspiration to create it's own stand alone story/timeline. Not to mention it isn't really easy to adapt a video game into a movie or series because it doesn't translate well in screenplay.

(click to show/hide)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #623 on: October 27, 2018, 07:47:31 AM »
Observation about the final fight of the season:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #624 on: October 27, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »
My two cents:

(click to show/hide)

Offline gallandryal

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #625 on: October 27, 2018, 11:02:42 AM »

In season 3 It seems Hector will betray Carmilla,  meet Rosaly and join forces with Trevor and Sypha. Alucard will also help because he needs a closure. Also I'm still waiting for Grant to appear in next season.  Then hopefully the show will move to Simon's story or Rondo.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #626 on: October 27, 2018, 11:38:56 AM »
Hey guys! Help me make a difference!
We need to reach Konami!

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-replace-the-belmont-s-iconic-whip-with-a-wooden-bedpost

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #627 on: October 27, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »
My two cents:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #628 on: October 27, 2018, 12:34:21 PM »
+1
Hey guys! Help me make a difference!
We need to reach Konami!

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-replace-the-belmont-s-iconic-whip-with-a-wooden-bedpost

Lets not abuse change. org, its for real things not for you to play about with, like people who are dyeing or soldiers who are being miss treated, you know Serious stuff. Not for some little git, to vent his childish frustration, cos little baby didn't feel like the tv show was enough to his sad pathetic  taste. I mean as a human being i'm shocked that you actually did this. really this should get you a instant ban from here, as this is a sick act.

and I really have to challenge  your fandom, as any real Belmont fan would be sickened by not only the idea of use a  this medium to just vent your anger,  can't see that a site used to help people being used as your  plaything  going down well in the Belmont camp.

but to say you what a new weapon, something that this steeped  in history really shocks me, I mean Its the Vampire Killer.
 you really are a  nasty perthitic sod, and you should be Shamed of what you've done, I mean you only needed to look down your "So called page" and see How Serious the causes are on that site are, you're bloody disgrace.
Really man time to  grow up. How bloody old are you 3?

Oh and constider you're your page repoted, or i should say your fandom tantrum Reported. Lets not wast the sites time again, as they for real Genuine political cause.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:34:21 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #629 on: October 27, 2018, 12:44:27 PM »
Lets not abuse change. org, its for real things not for you to play about with, like people who are dyeing or soldiers who are being miss treated, you know Serious stuff. Not for some little git, to vent his childish frustration.
 and any real Belmont fan would be sickened by this, really man grow up. How bloody old are you 3?
Wait a second... you think I'm being serious?
I literally refer to the new weapon as a B.S. stick.

Also Change.org has basically the same results as a wishing well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:11:02 PM by EstebanT »

Tags:

anything