Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982706 times)

Offline BalancedHydra

• Hunter in Training
  • Picture a Hydra on a tight rope.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1440 on: May 28, 2015, 12:09:23 PM »
Now that the first boss was revealed, and knowing that the Lesser Key of Solomon is the base lore... which demons would you like to see as bosses?

I would like to see Naberious as a boss. He's either depicted with three doggy heads or a crow. I could imagine a boss battle that incorporates both, each form with their own attacks and patterns. Maybe something like Gaibon and Slogra from SotN.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1441 on: May 28, 2015, 12:22:16 PM »
So I guess Deep Silver Owns the franchise now.

Apparently their parent company Koch media recently trademarked Bloodstained.

Seems like part of the publishing deal is ownership.

Poor IGA, he can never own his own characters and ideas.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1442 on: May 28, 2015, 12:29:35 PM »
Im surprised he didnt look for a deal where he could. Even Inafune made sure he could keep MN9, and he's using the same publisher
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1443 on: May 28, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure Inafune didn't get $4.5 million from them, though.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1444 on: May 28, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »
I'd like to see Paimon in the game, since that was the named bestowed upon me by Lord Igavania.  :P

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1445 on: May 28, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
Poor IGA, he can never own his own characters and ideas.

Sad news indeed, all we can do now is hope that they don't turn into IGA's second Konami in the long run.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1446 on: May 28, 2015, 03:05:26 PM »
Upped my backing! Let's get a Wii U version! ;D
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1447 on: May 28, 2015, 03:46:49 PM »
Will the (hypothetical) Wii U version be a reward for backing, either digital or physical? I recall that Mighty No. 9 had the digital version, but physical version you had to buy separately from your backing support. I'm confused.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1448 on: May 28, 2015, 11:45:07 PM »
So I guess Deep Silver Owns the franchise now.

Apparently their parent company Koch media recently trademarked Bloodstained.

Seems like part of the publishing deal is ownership.

Hmm...that is a little disheartening, flame. While it's good that IGA has backers aside from kickstarter, it also sort of defeats the purpose of an indie if it's just going to be owned by another big conglomerate, especially since it remains to be seen whether or not Koch media is any less incompetent and/or malign than Konami. :/

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1449 on: May 29, 2015, 01:14:16 AM »
I'm wondering how fast Bloodstains will come out in the future, once the base assets are established with the first game.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1450 on: May 29, 2015, 01:34:03 AM »
Any of you guys planning on asking IGA something on the AMA they mentioned on the KS page?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1451 on: May 29, 2015, 02:31:43 AM »
+1
Update 12: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1246193

New backer tier:

Pledge $1,000 or more

AS SAID BY BELGRADE

Write a short message for Robbie Belgrade, the musician and voice actor known for his role as Dracula’s son, to record for you. Your one-line message will also be hidden in the final game’s sound test.

• Includes everything from the $750 tier
• Message subject to approval

+$30 for international shipping

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1452 on: May 29, 2015, 04:41:58 AM »
Any of you guys planning on asking IGA something on the AMA they mentioned on the KS page?

I was thinking of asking him when exactly the 32X CV game he worked on was cancelled (like the exact month) and what he was up to between SotN was released and him becomng producer. Feel free to steal these questions though, since I'm not sure if I'm staying up late for this.     

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1453 on: May 29, 2015, 05:02:29 AM »
I imagine someone will ask him about the fabled 1999 game, and if he was working on it right before Cox-kun took over the series.

Of course they might avoid everything Castlevania related, since he only vaguely refers to it as 'my previous works' anymore.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1454 on: May 29, 2015, 06:20:21 AM »
+1
This was probably overlooked because of all the excitement surrounding Bloodstained, but I think the last half hour of this video is required listening for every Castlevania fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TzfM6QUs6A

IGA basically spills the beans what happend leading up to him getting removed as producer of the series and what happend after. Apperently when he got back on the series part of the deal was that he had make a CV game every year.  Also, he says he was the producer for CotM in America(?). Ko-G was IGA after all?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:23:24 AM by Nagumo »

Tags: