Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Happy Birthday, Bram Stoker!  (Read 1802 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: November 08, 2012, 03:11:37 PM »
+1
But here's to hoping the old codger is dead and decayed, otherwise we'll have to form a posse and stake his arse!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 03:52:44 PM »
+2
Happy Birthday Bram Stoker; although I haven't had the opportunity to read any of his books (he written a lot more than just Dracula, to the uninformed), I will buy a hardcover version in the near future, perhaps after I finish reading The Prince and the Discourses.

And, I still want a CV game set in 1897 starring Quincey. prunyuu~

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »
I've only read his most famous novel and enjoyed it thoroughly. I recommend it to all dungeonites as necessary reading and then write a 5 page essay on why it's awesome or something...

Also 1897 with Quincey would be neat but killing everything with that bowie knife might be hard....

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:59:00 AM »
Also 1897 with Quincey would be neat but killing everything with that bowie knife might be hard....

But according to Bloodlines he's a Belmont descendant so he's got the mistic blood flowing in him. That will make killing things-Bowie knife or otherwise-easy for him.

Also a happy birthday to Bram Stoker for without him, Dracula as we know it wouldn't exist.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: