Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013  (Read 109440 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 12:07:53 AM »
I know, castles are flat :P
That show exactly why Pfil isnt a castle.

Flat? Castles have towers man!  ;D

I was going to say something alone the lines of the 'opening of the portcullis'... so much for keeping quiet  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2013, 01:13:53 AM »
Portcullis?
I won't feel offended, it's a joke, but I don't know the word  :(
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2013, 01:51:11 AM »
I think it's something like a gate...or whatever. *shrug* I'unno, though I might know what X meant by that statement...
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
A portcullis is the metal caged barrier in between the drawbridge and the large door of the castle's main entrance.

Here's an image if you're still confused;

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4086/5003887240_9e91e05e69_z.jpg
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »
Oh you naughty boy with sophisticated words!  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
No, I won't be offended, this place is my unholy sanctuary.
I mean, my holy sanctuary. That was another thing, I can't remember what exactly...

Unholy Sanctuary is that H-game that plays like Castlevania where you play with a Priestess from Ragnarok Online.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2013, 11:01:35 PM »
Yeah, I was kind of joking...
As a matter of fact, I was totally joking, because I always remember that game, but not in that way, but as something funny, because that particular stuff that happens in-game was so out of context that it was so funny! (and also nice, OK, I'm not going to lie, I'm a fangirl sucker for anime naughty action).

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
+1
Well, last night I finally finished this game, and all I have to say is "Congratulations!".
You have set the bar very high for Castlevania games, just like Michmede did years ago with Dracula's Shadow.
I believe we Castlevania are the franchise with the best fan games. Let's be proud of that!  :)

Excellent selection of music, very good remixes, nice new tunes.
Beautiful, beautiful graphics. The ripped sprites blend perfectly with the new ones, and the same goes for backgrounds. Beauty is present throughout the entire game. It captures perfectly the essence and atmosphere of Castlevania.
Very good gameplay, with a great range of movements, upgrades and power ups. Excellent stage design and AI for the enemies and bosses. Animation by sprites is very fluid and the interaction with scenery adds another nice touch. We can find everything we can imagine from Castlevania.
Nice inclusion of some RPG elements and a little exploration and backtracking, and that's always a plus for games.
The challenge is very high. The game gives you plenty of power ups, max ups, weapons and lives, and it have infinite continues. I'd say the difficulty is at par with Rebirth in hard classic mode. I would advise to include a normal mode, and let the current one be the hard mode. Maybe some fans can feel alienated by the overwhelming difficulty, and they'd be skipping a hell of a great game.
And there's some idiomatic corrections that can be made here and there, in an otherwise story that really catched me and helped create a beautiful, haunting, gothic atmosphere, worth of the name Castlevania that carries.
Other than that, it's all praise for this jewel. It's the Castlevania game I've been waiting for since I beat Rebirth back in 2009.
So, in reply to the message that prays "Thanks for your playing" at the end of the game, I just have to say: "No, thank YOU for making this game".
Now I'm looking forward to the sequel  :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »
Beautiful, beautiful graphics. The ripped sprites blend perfectly with the new ones, and the same goes for backgrounds.

Hmm, only a hint, but theres no ripped sprites in his game, some are made to be similar, but everything is done from scratch. I know because he said it even before launching a demo. :P

Thinking about that now, I need to restart translating the script to PT-BR, I've forgot damn!!!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2013, 07:54:35 PM »
Really? Wow, that's even more merit to them!

Are you going to make a portuguese version of the script that's going to be in the game?

That's great! I can make a similar one with spanish, if they want me to.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
Try contacting Mig, I dont know if someone is already translating it to spanish. I knew about this because he said that he would be open to translation posts ago.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2013, 12:34:06 AM »
I'll try. Where do you contact him? Is there a public e-mail or something?
Or by PM here?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »
I've contacted him by PM.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2013, 04:23:36 AM »
Thanks, I've done it too now.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2013, 05:11:25 AM »
Hi everybody! :D

I'm sorry for the lack of answers but i was on vacation in August, offline. Thanks Pfil for your review ;)  The English texts are now corrected thanks to MontoyaGraphics ;D.

-I will start the multi language version of the game once i gather the translations:
-German
-Spanish
-Br portuguese

Thanks very much to translators   Lelygax, flaumi mcflaum and Pfil ( i guess?)

-I will make the french translation.

I will also make the possibility to choose the game's difficulty:
"Normal mode" will be the current one.
"Easy"  Less enemies, less damages and more recover items.
"Hard"  more enemies, increased damages and less recover items. Boss battles with enhanced patterns and extra "surprises"..............For the more skilled players ;D   

Maybe some other stuff like: "boss rush mode" etc.

I see that some players were looking for the recording file. It is located in :
C://mydocs/username/AppData/MMFapplications    (this directory and the files within are usualy hidden but you can find them by searching "%AppData%" ) the game's file is named "saves".

In order the file to work on another computer it must be placed in the same directory.

As i said it will be really great if i could make a JAPANESE translation. Anyone that can do that will be welcomed ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:14:55 AM by mig3 »

Tags: