Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Where is Pfil?  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 01:29:21 AM »
Had that experience while on my cruise. Despite the fact that the ship had WiFi capability I never used it so I was without internet for roughly 18 days. But I can see this being a problem for people who are addicted to the internet and know no other way of living. They can't help but bring their portable network devices with them even while on vacation. And should said devices fail on them they would enter a panic mode depending on the severity of their addiction.

Oh I've seen some students at my university act that way when either the wifi service fluctuates during the rainy season or they forgot their chargers. /scary

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 07:12:49 PM »
I find it stupid when I see groups of friends on a table and instead of talking they are each one of them with their own devices.
To the point that instead of showing something to another person on their screens, they just send it so the other one can see it on its own screen.
I mean, if they want to chat and do online stuff why don't they just stay home instead of joining?
And why don't they enjoy a meeting with friends instead of just being stuck to their devices?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 11:46:52 PM »
I find it stupid when I see groups of friends on a table and instead of talking they are each one of them with their own devices.
To the point that instead of showing something to another person on their screens, they just send it so the other one can see it on its own screen.
I mean, if they want to chat and do online stuff why don't they just stay home instead of joining?
And why don't they enjoy a meeting with friends instead of just being stuck to their devices?

device separation anxiety > actually talking to friends

That is getting commonplace anywhere.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »
+1
With a lack of any other proper place to put this (for reasons to be obvious in a few seconds) I would like to request that you, Pfil, add me to your accepted PM list.

The matter is of course, private, and referencing the thread and nature of the inquiry here would be a most public affair. However, since I cannot, of course, privately notify you I figured this would be the best way to pose the request.

You are under zero obligation to comply, and I fully understand your reluctance to receiving any PM's from anyone. Whichever you choose is fine with me.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »
I didnt even know you could do that? turn off PMs...

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 01:51:37 PM »
I knew it, since the first thing that I do in almost everything is check all the possible options and maybe master it. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 01:16:58 AM »
Let me think, it's nothing personal, I like everyone here (in fact, I have you uzo amongst other people on my Friends List, which are the people I like), but I've had bad experiences in the past with PM's and I'm used to do that always on the internet. I always disable PM's because I feel safer when everyone can see what everyone writes.
But let me think about it.
A hug to you  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags:

anything