Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274115 times)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #705 on: December 14, 2014, 03:07:26 AM »
Started working on a new Alucard sprite, wasn't totally sure on how to go about it without making it a clone of the SOTN sprite so I decided to go with the older concept art: red cape and black hair.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #706 on: December 14, 2014, 06:57:45 AM »
Made a slight update:

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #707 on: December 14, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »
Those look great man!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #708 on: December 14, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »
Hey guys, this is also on the music showcase thread, but since it belongs to this game, it should belong here as well :) i took a break from the coding and remastered mad forest pt2's track.  Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/8recx3gm6elhbli/Deeper_Into_the_Dead_Wood_-_Mad_Forest_II.mp3

hope you guys dig it  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #709 on: December 14, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »
I'm diggin' it! Even though it's heavy on the rock, you've kept that in the background while preserving the main theme of the tune itself and have not drowned it out. Very few CV rock remixes do that. Bravo!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #710 on: December 14, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »
I'm diggin' it! Even though it's heavy on the rock, you've kept that in the background while preserving the main theme of the tune itself and have not drowned it out. Very few CV rock remixes do that. Bravo!
Thanks X!  ;D You're in for a treat then dude, because im remastering the entire OST and that's the pace that the rest of it has.  Granted, there are a few songs that need more rock, less atmosphere and vice verse, but i've narrowed it down and i think my mixes are starting to sound like they are geared more towards something you'd hear from Yamanae now  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #711 on: December 15, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »
Well, i completely forgot about a different orchestra plugin I had, so......i HAD to do this, this song is definitely tied for my favorite CV track alongside Simon's Theme:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/bn93w33f3vukr2x/Power_of__Belmont_-_Mechanical_Monstrosity.mp3

This is the track from Lords of Shadow when you fight the ogre in the mountains and the mechanical scorpion in the tower.  God i love this song lol, it's very movie-heroic and it stuck in my head ever since i played LoS.  This is going entirely off of memory of the song, sounds pretty damn close to me.  So with this said lol, i'll be using my older orchestra setup and this one as well to make the OST even better!  ;D

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #712 on: December 16, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
Manly tears here.
I sense a true evolution in these new osts man! Keep great! 8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #713 on: December 16, 2014, 04:22:39 PM »
Manly tears here.
I sense a true evolution in these new osts man! Keep great! 8)
Hahaha, thanks man!  I'm working on the "last" song part now (you know which part eryson, at the VERY end boss fight when you are winning) that is going to be beyond epic if i get it right!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #714 on: December 16, 2014, 10:21:33 PM »
Ok guys, here's a preview of the "final" theme  ;D  Im starting to get a little more hang of different ways to accent these different orchestra instruments now lol.  There's still more i have to add to it but overall im pretty pleased with how it is so far :)  This is the track "Reaver" from LoS - MoF.  It sound a little harsh at times due to the compression (you'll hear a few pops and clicks in there, i forgot to turn the limiter off  :rollseyes:)

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3p0b330bsps6dvz/Reaver_of_Evil_-_Trevor's_Theme.mp3

Hope you guys enjoy  ;D I really get the feeling that the atmosphere of the OST is going to get darker now with this new setup, in the same vein as Castlevania IV  8)

EDIT: you'll hear the windows trumpet sound in there at around 26 seconds lmao i think i unplugged my phone while it was recording the finished track  :rollseyes: haha

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:27:30 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #715 on: December 17, 2014, 12:12:29 PM »
hey good sound man!! excellent orchestral sound  ;D ... although i don't know a lot of orchestras xD

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #716 on: December 17, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »
Haha thanks man, if it makes you feel any better I dont know anything about orchestra either lmao, im just able to make stuff with a decent ear for music  ;D

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #717 on: December 17, 2014, 04:47:53 PM »
Damn, that just blew my mind. I know you want the game to sound eerie and all, but I suggest a faster tempo (considering this will be a faster paced CV game).
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: December 17, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
Damn, that just blew my mind. I know you want the game to sound eerie and all, but I suggest a faster tempo (considering this will be a faster paced CV game).
thanks man! Trust me though, i just put this were I want it in the game and it fits perfectly! I cant say EXACTLY where but you'll see what I mean. Its the ultimate climax 8)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #719 on: December 17, 2014, 05:06:40 PM »
thanks man! Trust me though, i just put this were I want it in the game and it fits perfectly! I cant say EXACTLY where but you'll see what I mean. Its the ultimate climax 8)

Alright. I trust you. *squints eyes at WarMachine*
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Tags: