Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Classic CV HTML5 Example and random generation  (Read 12807 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Classic CV HTML5 Example and random generation
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »
This is a simple demo for a classic style (stage based) cv I whipped up in a few hours between today and last night. More just to see how itd turn out than anythin really serious.

Arrows keys to move X/C to jump/attack

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53012532/PlatformTest/index.html

Will also work on mobile browsers but performance will prolly suck if it doesnt use webgl. I get around 10 fps on my iphone 4 and 60+ in firefox. Best performance will prolly be with chrome.

4/2/12 - Uploaded a new version with no megaman slide and a slightly higher jump. See what ya think of it.

4/4/12 - Updated the info for the generator test info found in this post - http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4744.msg99146.html#msg99146
Heres a link to the generator test for the main page. Its url wont change between versions
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53012532/GenTest/index.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:52:08 PM by Aridale »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »
Wow, that's pretty sick.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »
That's quite the fast put-together you got going. What I would do next is try and prevent Trevor from doing the Mega Man slide whenever he stops moving. He also takes a little bit to start moving as well so these two things you should concentrate on then go from there. Keep it up  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »
thats easy to fix I left it that way on purpose I kinda like the more dynamic moving instead of the rigid start/stop of the nes style

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »
Looks awesome. Keep it up! :)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 02:54:35 AM »
Great work!!! Keep it up! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 04:54:39 AM »
Nice, the only complaint I have is that jumping feels a bit too heavy.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 05:37:05 AM »
Wow cool. What software are you using to create it?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 06:21:24 AM »
Construct2. I uploaded a new version details in the main post

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »
New version feels a lot more correct.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »
+1
My work computer doesn't support HTML5 and my boss would be mad if I upgraded IE, so I can't play it at work.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
I can open it in Firefox just fine.
However, I don't know how to jump or whip.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »
I can open it in Firefox just fine.
However, I don't know how to jump or whip.

Press x to jump and c to whip.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 10:18:56 AM »
Nice! I have to agree with VladCT about the jump. It does feel a bit weighted down but I'm sure it's nothing you cant fix.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »
Yeah it seems that you have:
-Strength of Jump
and
-Force of Gravity

Your strength of jump is high but so is your gravity so the character jumps as high as he should but then falls very fast.
If you decrease your strength of jump but also your force of gravity, you'll achieve the same jump but will be slightly 'floatier' and less weighted, which is more like what CV3 did.

Awesome parallax scrolling with the moon and the forest.  Let's combine this with our "Randomized Rooms Castlevania" idea and put it online, bwahahaha!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

anything