What do you think about Castlevania?

It's the best thing in the world!
It's the best VG franchise, but there are better things in another hobbies
A good VG franchise, but not the best
Not even a good franchise, but there are several which are worse
It's the worst thing in the VG industry
I hate it! It's the worst thing ever!
The world ends today, I don't care

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The worst Castlevania poll  (Read 8570 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« on: September 17, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »
Take it with humour...  ;)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »
+1
Farewell, my loyal comrades -- staunch defenders of Castlevania's great legacy. Now we speak to each other for perhaps the last time -- for here endeth the world.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:35:31 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »
+1
Castlevania used to be so cool, whipping monsters as one of the many Belmonts level by level with fantastically atmospheric tunes. Now it's all about faggy bishonen goth kids with their terrible techno music and Soul Systems and magic and not whip SWOOOOOOOOOORDDSSS! Thank God for the Lords of Shadow games!

hahahahahaha jk.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
+1
Castlevania used to be so cool, whipping monsters as one of the many Belmonts level by level with fantastically atmospheric tunes. Now it's all about faggy bishonen goth kids with their terrible techno music and Soul Systems and magic and not whip SWOOOOOOOOOORDDSSS! Thank God for the Lords of Shadow games!

hahahahahaha jk.
To be taken with humor... I hope?

EDIT: Eh, I should've seen that hahahahajk part... *sigh*
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:00:42 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »
+1
Since the world ends today, shut up and let me play my Resident Evil Gaiden! jk - obvious joke is obvious.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 04:56:25 AM »
+1
Voted for the second option because it's my personal favorite game franchise. In life there are better things, though not many in the world of entertainment. Of course the series isn't right for everyone, in the same way that Super Mario probably isn't for most goths. But for me when Castlevania is at its best it's as if someone took many of the things I've loved for as long as I can remember- monsters, Gothic horror and Halloween-like atmosphere, and put them in a blender with amazingly fun and rewarding gameplay. Topped off with some of the best music ever produced for any game series.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:58:22 AM by Ratty »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »
Voted for the second option because it's my personal favorite game franchise. In life there are better things, though not many in the world of entertainment. Of course the series isn't right for everyone, in the same way that Super Mario probably isn't for most goths. But for me when Castlevania is at its best it's as if someone took many of the things I've loved for as long as I can remember- monsters, Gothic horror and Halloween-like atmosphere, and put them in a blender with amazingly fun and rewarding gameplay. Topped off with some of the best music ever produced for any game series.
That's the way I feel CV. It's a combination of everything I love!
By the way, the 2nd option states that there are better things in another hobbies, not in life.

(click to show/hide)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

anything