Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406083 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Question: Is anyone else from Europe not able to Play this game yet? It's 17:19 here in Germany but I cannot Play LoS yet. WTF?
The game is released in two days in Europe...

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
The spanish gamers are burning the forums of the spanish's magazines. The magazines are losing their credibility and the readers want justice.

I take it Spain doesn't like the game?

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
And so LoS2 is a critical failure. It's definitely a disappointment, but not altogether unexpected. Worst of all, I can't really call out individual critics for being particularly harsh, since more than half of the reviews published (including those I trust most) are decidedly negative, and essentially share the same complaints.
But I will have to fully play through the game before giving my final opinion.

Still, from reading these reviews, I'm also picking up the some of the same symptoms LoS had: if there is a general consensus, it's that LoS2 is stellar in combat and enemy design, but pronouncedly mediocre in nearly everything else.
It seems I'll just have to enjoy the combat for what it is, and try ignore the rest...
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
And I've had enough of those ridiculous score lists.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I take it Spain doesn't like the game?

The magazines had qualify the game whit 7,7,5 and 8 (the three more biggest online magazines). The users doesn't belive then: think that others worse games with more fame and well support get notes better than CLoS2 and that doesn't deserves (Call of dutys, Assassins Creeds, God of wars). Useres belive that magazines are buy off by the companies and that the reviews are not subjetives. Practically the 99% of the users that went buy the game, still want it. Spanish users won't let that LoS2 faint.

Las revistas han calificado el juego con 7, 7,5 y 8 (las 3 revistas online más conocidas). Los usuarios no las creen: piensan que peores juegos con más fama y mejor soporte mediático han conseguido notas que LoS2 y no se lo merecían (como Call of Duty, Assassins Creed y God of war). Los usuarios piensan que las revistas están untadas en manteca por las grandes compañías y que sus análisis, no son subjetivos. Prácticamente el 99% de los usuarios que iban a comprar el juego, siguen con esa decisión. España al menos no dejará que CLoS2 desfallezca.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
And so LoS2 is a critical failure.
Considering those scores, and the only 3-4 bad reviews, I don't see where the critical failure is. Most of the reviews are praising the game.

Or do you think a game with an average review of 7-8 out of 10 is bad?  ;)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
The magazines had qualify the game whit 7,7,5 and 8 (the three more biggest online magazines). The users doesn't belive then: think that others worse games with more fame and well support get notes better than CLoS2 and that doesn't deserves (Call of dutys, Assassins Creeds, God of wars). Useres belive that magazines are buy off by the companies and that the reviews are not subjetives. Practically the 99% of the users that went buy the game, still want it. Spanish users won't let that LoS2 faint.

Las revistas han calificado el juego con 7, 7,5 y 8 (las 3 revistas online más conocidas). Los usuarios no las creen: piensan que peores juegos con más fama y mejor soporte mediático han conseguido notas que LoS2 y no se lo merecían (como Call of Duty, Assassins Creed y God of war). Los usuarios piensan que las revistas están untadas en manteca por las grandes compañías y que sus análisis, no son subjetivos. Prácticamente el 99% de los usuarios que iban a comprar el juego, siguen con esa decisión. España al menos no dejará que CLoS2 desfallezca.

Hmm, I figured Spain was handing out the best reviews.

Go Spain! Buy 1,000,000 copies of LoS!

It's only 1/47th of your entire population :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Hyperbole at it's finest. -__-

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7313 on: February 25, 2014, 08:54:29 AM »
Quote from: Intersection

It only got three scores below a 5, everything else are 7's and 8's, which if I can recall are not exactly "failing."

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Sorry, I was looking at Metacritic. But the game isn't a critical success, either.

EDIT: the site compounded 12 reviews in the 60's range or below (PS3 and X360 included).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:08:40 AM by Intersection »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Sorry, I was looking at Metacritic. But the game isn't a critical success, either.

No, it isn't. This game won't be rated as highly as LoS.

Metacritic is a bit depressing right now, but I expect the score to rise at least 10 points per console after all the reviews come in.

For anyone not following, it's:

Xbox 360: 69
PS3: 61

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
No one expected it to be one, and honestly fuck reviews. Be your own judge.

So far journalists are criticizing the stealth and terrible plot but are praising everything else. Where is the negativity for this coming from?

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well, 7-8 is what really deserves the game, the first time I played it I put a note 9 (history and those magnificent boss battles makes you forget some things).

I've recently returned to play, with the hype of the story off, i saw the authentic defect, I think a 7-8 (depending on your taste in stealth phases) is the most fair.

As I told the end is regrettable, was not what someone told me long ago, "Dracula kill Alucard, defeated Satan but remained very weak, brotherhood will capture and shatters. Tortured (braveheard type) ". Are they changed? no idea, but even he can be categorized as end (I'm afraid to Konami issued in any meeting that final open ..)

They have not learned much from MoF where they tried to try many things and few worked well for them.

With LOS2 something happened, but in that sense i admire them that are not afraid to try things. Some work some do not. The modern era does not quite fit, Stealh phases enjoy me but for the player of Hack & Slash is a WTF! enormous.

I hope that their next project will be more "typical" programming and simply do that everyone expects the game without departing from the script.

P. D. Rebel Arc Studios, original team that founded later MS had a game called "Blade the edge of darkness" Founder Authentic Style Daemon Souls, few will know. If I were MS rescue and would use that license.

About Sonia: Sonia was seriously contemplated, i would like (do not know) that she included in Victor DLC ..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:18:01 AM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

delete
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
No one expected it to be one, and honestly fuck reviews. Be your own judge.
I'm always my own judge.
But I will have to fully play through the game before giving my final opinion.

So far journalists are criticizing the stealth and terrible plot but are praising everything else. Where is the negativity for this coming from?
Criticisms are directed towards the stealth, the plot, the environment design, the platforming, the puzzles, and the overall coherence of the game. They certainly don't appear in every review, but when they do, they're definitely negative.