Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2414881 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
i don't really understand why gabriel has a heavily modified brotherhood-styled outfit when he absolutely loathes them
Well to be fair, Only higher ranking Brotherhood knights seemed to have those kind of "different" more elaborate outfits... the rest, the rank and file, look like generic knights, even in LoS1. So his outfit is probably custom made.

Notice, by the way, that the same goes for Cornell. Cornell's clothes below his waist, are essentially what's left of his brotherhood outfit. It's more a stylistic art choice, to show the difference, to show how the character has fallen. You see Brotherhood Cornell, then Lord of Shadow Cornell, and you see the difference, comparing them by what remains similar. Same for Gabe. His Dracula getup is based on his Brotherhood outfit, so you can compare it to his look in LoS.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Prunyuu. I like Dracula's new get-up; it shows how brutal he's become yet still retains some form of sophistication. His "modern era" outfit, or lack thereof, is also interesting as it shows how Dracula has been worn out throughout the centuries. I'm guessing that perhaps he'll retain his younger look as he drinks peoples blood throughout the city. Kim Kardashian has given birth to a healthy baby girl, and Kanye is very happy about that.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Seriously, what is up with Alucard's abs? Its like an unnecessary Vampire anatomy. Save it for the newborn Vampires such as muscular, yet bony ribs of Olrox and Brauner and the vampire warriors. Alucard doesn't need that!

One thing i would really like is Alt. Costumes since there will be two models of Dracula in LoS2 (Old Shadow and Dracul) Might as well have some classic Bela Lugosi or SotN classic Dracula and various other unlockables... Seriously! That's what LoS series lacks! Replay Value! Give me some boss rush mode, give me some soundtrack mode or alternate characters. I don't care much for the item capacity upgrades unless it's Metroid... Samus, y'know ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:27:10 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

You bet she was!! ;)

Blehhhh...

Seriously, where's succubus? She's probably the worst succubus ever.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
She looks kinda like classic Carmilla. Tbh I like it.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Seriously, what is up with Alucard's abs? Its like an unnecessary Vampire anatomy. Save it for the newborn Vampires such as muscular, yet bony ribs of Olrox and Brauner and the vampire warriors. Alucard doesn't need that!

Well he's only ever (to our knowledge) feasted on the blood of monsters, so he looks more like a monster rather than like Trevor. If he were to drain human blood, he would look more like he did as a human.

One thing i would really like is Alt. Costumes since there will be two models of Dracula in LoS2 (Old Shadow and Dracul) Might as well have some classic Bela Lugosi or SotN classic Dracula and various other unlockables... Seriously!
Heh that'd be cool, actually.

That's what LoS series lacks! Replay Value! Give me some boss rush mode, give me some soundtrack mode or alternate characters. I don't care much for the item capacity upgrades unless it's Metroid... Samus, y'know ;)

I agree that LoS series needs the things you've mentioned. MoF would have been much more awesome if it had bonus unlockables like that. The bosses were probably my favorite parts of the game, but they didn't make a boss rush mode.  >:(

I'd say the first LoS has a lot of replay value still though. It has multiple difficulty settings to play through, a trial system (which I REALLY like), and upgrade items like you mentioned. I found myself replaying levels for these reasons, as well as the fact that I just really enjoyed some of the levels enough to want to play them again and see if I can find anything new. My goal is still to get 110% for the entire game, DLC included. I've still got a ways to go. Granted, I lost all my save data at one point, but still.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

I'd say the first LoS has a lot of replay value still though. It has multiple difficulty settings to play through, a trial system (which I REALLY like), and upgrade items like you mentioned.

meh  :-\

Don't know about anybody else, but I myself would not call that much of a replay value if you ask me.

Mutltiple Difficulty settings?

That hardly compares to new and interesting costumes.

Upgradable items?

Well I would say that getting a few new abilities along with your new costume would be MUCH better.

This all brings me to the conclusion that LOS would be a lot better if it adopted a kind of replay value that DMC3 for example had.

It offered many new costumes and some of which (Nelo Angelo form for instance) offered new attacks.

Also a Bloody Palace mode which in my opinion tops any Boss Rush mode.

LOS could benefit more from this kind of mentality when it comes to replay value rather than simple difficulty settings changes and or eyepatches and bandanas for costumes *glares at LOS1*.

Regarding LOS2 in that respect, I don't expect to see much in unlockables.

Especially don't see a "Alucard mode" as a unlockable as well although it would be truly great if there where.

But I would expect MS to do a paid DLC for Alucard rather than a unlockable, if not then I would have to say they are pretty dumb for not including a fan favorite (rebooted or not) such as Alucard as a playable character, especially since there is already sword combat and vampire inspired powers in the game.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:07:49 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'd like at least the option to unlock old decrepit Gabe as an alt.

LoS1 had the snake eyepatch and bandanna, (hilarious shit)

Maybe there will be something small here too.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

One thing i would really like is Alt. Costumes since there will be two models of Dracula in LoS2 (Old Shadow and Dracul) Might as well have some classic Bela Lugosi or SotN classic Dracula and various other unlockables... Seriously! That's what LoS series lacks! Replay Value! Give me some boss rush mode, give me some soundtrack mode or alternate characters. I don't care much for the item capacity upgrades unless it's Metroid... Samus, y'know ;)

I remember that Trevor died with something piercing his stomach .. maybe from there that aspect of his abs
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)

1 - I prefer Carmilla from CotM, she was waaaay hotter.
2 - Alucard's abs are very, very hot too.
3 - Unlockables in LoS 1 seemed lame to me. I don't care about MGS, I think we need Castlevania related unlockables.
Like an alternate Laura mode in LoS 1, or like someone mentioned, old Gabriel in LoS 2 would be really nice.

That's all  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Blehhhh...

Seriously, where's succubus? She's probably the worst succubus ever.

I was sarcastic, because, i agree with you and second, i don't thing that we are going to see any succubus on LoS 2.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Overall LOS2 lose with LOS1 in the details of the main character, and explained that by redesigning the engine and be able to use free 3D camera (with rich and beautiful scenarios) and keep the framerate high, were losing in the character detail, particularly in the hair, but also see it in the face.

You can not have everything and I feel good, are details and I prefer to see magnificent scenery because 90% of the time the character is back.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I've heard reports that the Konami booth was hard to get to by certain people, so you don't see much news about it.

Also, the people that played the demo experienced low framerates, jaggies and low res muddy texures. However, the PC version  was also on the show floor and those who played it said compared to the console versions, it was like night and day. Hi res textures, smooth stable framerate and no jaggies were present, someone asked if there's a next gen version in the works and a Konami rep said "Nothing has been announced yet." So unless a PS4 version of the game gets announced, it looks like the PC version is gonna be the way to go if you're gettin Lords of Shadow 2.

Oh and the PC version of LOS1 was also on the show floor but no one seems to have video of that, it reportedly runs really well at 60 fps.

Edit: To clarify, when I meant console version, I specifically meant the 360 version that appears to be ugly, the PS3 version runs a bit better but not nearly as good as the PC version shown.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:10:44 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Yes, in an interview at E3 (video) Enric Alvarez (MS boss) tells about the different versions. At first talks about how the PC version will be better, then try to fix it saying that basically all the same, which are small differences.

http://www.meristation.com/video/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/1874484

I'm not much believed into a 360 could look like this at 60 fps, it seemed impossible. I bought LOS1 on PS3 because review I saw that 360 had many more problems (memory issues I guess, I do not know).

Anyway I already had planned to buy the PC version. Better graphics, better FPS, I can use the Xbox controller, possible Mod option and so Steam was not I have to worry if I break a console and I can not play my games.

Anyway there are still six months and have plans to release a first demo in a short time according to Cox.