Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rosario + Vampire  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« on: December 03, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »
OK. Been sick in bed for two days. Was perusing Netflix and noticed they had the Rasaorio + Vampire anime. I watched. I liked. Then I was reading about the manga on the wiki. Wow. They really need to make a new anime and stick more closely to the manga. It sounds like it would kick way more ass. Not that I don't like the harem thing, but still. Thoughts?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »
I've been a fan of the manga for quite a while. Never really watched the anime. I didn't like the casting of Todd Haberkorn as Tsukune. I like Haberkorn, but I felt his voice was a bit overdone and didn't really match the character (ironically enough, I wanted Yuri Lowenthal to do his voice).

Anyway, I love the manga. Kicks all kinds of ass and definitely one of my favorite takes on its mythology.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »
+1
This

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:13 PM »
^YES.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:41:56 PM »
Girls are sexier in the manga. Although I haven't played the game... Just know the game has some nice scenes too... The manga's pretty kinky, though. I think I have up to Volume 7 of Season II.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:42:36 PM »
My sister is pretty big into that show.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:33:09 AM »
Is Mizore Shirayuki very different in the manga from the anime?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 05:09:09 AM »
The manga seems pretty boring to me. Compared to the anime (which looks pretty ridiculous) it's probably a masterpiece of writing but from what I've read (2 - 3 volumes) the arcs really aren't that special. There's no point to reading the story because you know the story isn't going to diverse from the boring status quo to begin with. That's what I don't like harem anime or manga of either kind, shōjo, seinen, etc.       

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:56:44 PM »
It's my understanding that the anime pushes the harem thing much more than the manga did. Some fans even complained that they went over the top with fan service panty flashing in the anime.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »
Moka is mai waifu ;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 05:43:18 PM »
I'm more than happy with Mizore. :vvv:
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »
The manga seems pretty boring to me. Compared to the anime (which looks pretty ridiculous) it's probably a masterpiece of writing but from what I've read (2 - 3 volumes) the arcs really aren't that special. There's no point to reading the story because you know the story isn't going to diverse from the boring status quo to begin with. That's what I don't like harem anime or manga of either kind, shōjo, seinen, etc.       

Believe it or not, they do quite depart from the harem crap into more interesting things further on.

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »
The manga is pretty dark. Tsukune dies quite often in very brutal ways. Inner Moka gets thrashed around quite a bit. Moka's sisters are batshit crazy. The Crying Freeman parody sister is a bit creepy. The monsters in the manga are actually pretty brutal and there are a couple [mildly] disturbing elements in the story. And Mizore's arc is kinda sad, I thought. I didn't particularly care for the Jiangshi arc, I thought it was weak. Inner Moka gets more time on the page in Season II though, so that's nice. I like Inner Moka more. But Mizore's my cup of tea. And holy shit she's fucking horny. For a girl so icy, she warms up to a guy pretty quickly and things heat up fast.

To summarize, it's a bit like Kekkaishi -- it starts off pretty weak, just some fan service and stuff, then shit gets serious near the end of the series. That's how a lot of manga is. If you start a series and like it a lot in the beginning, odds are you won't like the end. If you start a series and think it's weak and cliche in the beginning, it probably gets good in the end.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:05:07 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »
It seems that everyone loves Mizore creepy hot stalker girl you  :-*
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »
Truthfully, I'm a little torn between Mizore and Kurumu, actually.
I mean, for craps sake I go by Inccubus, how could I not be into a hot succubus chick?
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything