Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)  (Read 693885 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 10:35:24 AM »
Which post are you talking about? Didn't pay attention to all the post.

For example, pretty much those that quote others' opinions & reply with "this." It's a trend amongst internet forums that's becoming popular for some reason, along with other gamefaqs-esque rhetoric that makes no sense. I'm not gonna call anybody out, they know who they are.

I don't mind those... cept the Harmony ones. Since the "of" just doesn't seem to fit for me. "in" might have worked better. I actually like the whole Songs thing, it's cool, but harmony of dispair doesn't make sense.

Yeah, they could've used "Sonata of Despair" or something. Why would they use Harmony again?

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »
I can't believe all the Juste hate. He is so bad ass. The way he talked to Death and Dracula as if they were nothing was awesome. Plus, he's a direct descendant of Simon. I could totally understand belittling Soma, Jonathan, and/or Shanoa, but Juste? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. 

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 11:01:53 AM »
You should blame the localizers for that. HoD's Japanese name is Concerto of the Midnight Sun.   

Yea and Symphony was Nocturne in the Moonlight (under would've worked better but both sound cooler than Symphony)

But Iunno, the harmony names gets to me.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:55 AM »
Well, maybe they have harmony in the title to make clear that it is a sequel? Just like with Aria and Dawn. I wouldn't be suprised. Sonata of Despair has a nice ring to it though.         

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »
Well, maybe they have harmony in the title to make clear that it is a sequel? Just like with Aria and Dawn. I wouldn't be suprised. Sonata of Despair has a nice ring to it though.         

It's the of part of it >.> maybe I'm just illiterate, but it just doesn't make sense/sound right to me.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »
Haha, well you never know. I remember having my doubts when I heard the Japanese title of OoE: The Stolen Seal. I thought that the game was obviously some kind off hoax but it wasn't. And one of the reasons I at first didn't believe LoS was a Castlevania game was of the un castlevania-ish title.             

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 11:25:02 AM »
Haha, well you never know. I remember having my doubts when I heard the Japanese title of OoE: The Stolen Seal. I thought that the game was obviously some kind off hoax but it wasn't. And one of the reasons I at first didn't believe LoS was a Castlevania game was of the un castlevania-ish title.             

I thought that was a hoax when a guy appeared on the CV forums of Gamefaqs and talked about it... then he got fired... or so I heard.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »
It may not be a sequel.  As Nagumo mentioned, the game is called White Night Concerto in Japan.  It was only when it was brought over to the states that it became Harmony of Dissonance.  So either,

a.  it's a whole new game, and they choce Harmony because it hasn't been used yet in Japan

b.  the title trademarked is the US one, for whatever reason

I would still like to believe it's a whole separate game, and that what we're seeing is only the Japanese title and will change upon release in the states.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2010, 11:57:35 AM »
For me a new Castlevania game, is always happy news. Classicvania or metroidvania, it doesn't matter to me, as long as they keep making new Castlevania games, i'll always play them!! :)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 12:02:53 PM »
For me a new Castlevania game, is always happy news. Classicvania or metroidvania, it doesn't matter to me, as long as they keep making new Castlevania games, i'll always play them!! :)
It's the same for me, though I do have a slight preference for metroidvania.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
It's the same for me, though I do have a slight preference for metroidvania.

I 2nd that. There is a certain excitement I only get, from seeing new screens for new 2D Castlevania's. I hope this one is related to Juste..

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »

That's the spirit, Im always excited for Castlevania, 2D or 3D (as long as it doesn't look like crap)  bring em on!

Online Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »
it's interesting that the name first pops up in Europe.  maybe they're allowed to make the next 2D game over there?  Europe has adapted Aria and Dawn of Sorrow over to mobile phones before.  maybe this is a cell phone follow-up or re-imagination of Harmony of Dissonance?

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »
maybe this is a cell phone follow-up or re-imagination of Harmony of Dissonance?
This is the most likely explanation...another crappy cell phone game:)

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »
I dont know. Sounds too.. good. And just like they used the word SORROW twice for the Soma games, maybe HARMONY is the consistent wording for Juste' games..

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Tags: