Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119245 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
One of the worst movies I've ever seen: Funny Games.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #256 on: September 06, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »
One of the worst movies I've ever seen: Funny Games.

Saw a review of that one if I remember right, looked truly terrible and pretentious. I'm trying to decide what my October movie schedule should be. Maybe I'll just put on a different bad horror movie a day. With some good ones interspersed in.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: September 06, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »
I recently watched the whole ImdB Top 250. With recently I mean in a year, and with whole I mean the 154 movies I had left unseen.
Not a good choice, if you ask me... just not for me.
Not one bad movie, but not many very good movies. Most of them were just OK.
I'm so accustomed to modern movies (modern meaning 90's, 2000's and current decade, maybe a little 80's too) that older movies just usually bore me.
Because of that, I am a little burned out on movies and I will have to wait some time to be able to watch a lot of movies again like I usually do.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: September 06, 2013, 04:38:57 PM »
I recently watched the whole ImdB Top 250. With recently I mean in a year, and with whole I mean the 154 movies I had left unseen.
Not a good choice, if you ask me... just not for me.
Not one bad movie, but not many very good movies. Most of them were just OK.
I'm so accustomed to modern movies (modern meaning 90's, 2000's and current decade, maybe a little 80's too) that older movies just usually bore me.
Because of that, I am a little burned out on movies and I will have to wait some time to be able to watch a lot of movies again like I usually do.

*whistles* That's a lot of movies. As a former filmbuff myself I can sympathize with feeling burned out on movies and feeling the limitations of the format.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2013, 01:47:39 AM »
*whistles* That's a lot of movies. As a former filmbuff myself I can sympathize with feeling burned out on movies and feeling the limitations of the format.
I'm glad I'm not the only weird person with this feeling  :P
Though I have to be a little weird to overdo something in such a way, I guess...
Better to do it with games, movies or anime and not other things, right?  :)

I usually spend my weekend with almost no sleep, alternating videogames, anime and movies.
Last year I felt burned out with anime, after watching like 10 bad series in a row (yeah, bad luck when choosing...), only alternated with Ano Hana and Clannad as good ones.
It was months after I watched again anime, with Dance in the Vampire Bund, some months ago.

Now it happened with movies. 154 old movies, plus like 50+ new movies but almost none of them really good, and there it is... now I have to wait some months for my desire to watch movies to come back.

I only hope it never happens with all my hobbies together, or I'll be so bored :(

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2013, 02:18:17 AM »
+1
I only hope it never happens with all my hobbies together, or I'll be so bored :(

You might actually get some sleep for once. :O
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2013, 03:52:46 AM »
You might actually get some sleep for once. :O
And maybe I'll relax a little and stop being so... I don't know... so myself  :P
Hahaha!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
+1
Watched parts of titanic yesterday. The remastered edition looks prettier and they changed some things based on new research.

Anyway, I'll watch the Expendables 2 later. hehehe.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2013, 03:55:28 AM »
I gave my first serious viewing of Titanic last year and really enjoyed it. I'm one who rewatches a lot of movies and this is one I'll probably not revisit for a couple decades, so it's not that kind of movie to me, but I did enjoy it a lot.

Just finished Chinatown. Kinda feel like crying.

With each movie of his I see, Roman Polanski inches closer and closer to being my favorite director. Now if only we could get some more of his films on Blu-ray, namely The Tenant, The Fearless Vampire Killers, and The Pianist.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: September 09, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »
Watched Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. Kinda made me want to read the comics now, considering how much Wiki said was changed in the movie. Such a good movie. So violent...  :o I felt so bad for Flash. That's just a rough, horrible episode in his life, force to relive it... Not sure if the time paradox explanation made total sense, but it seemed plausible enough. And yeah, killing children is totally acceptable PG-13 stuff.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: September 09, 2013, 11:21:19 PM »
Just finished Chinatown. Kinda feel like crying.
Forget it, Jake...

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:08 AM »
Interesting documentary about a largely forgotten era (and continuing indie genre) of gaming. The actual movie starts about 7 minutes into the video.
GET LAMP: The Text Adventure Documentary

Thinking I might get the DVD set as a Xmas gift for a friend who played and sang "It is Pitch Dark" for an annoyingly long time a while back.
MC Frontalot - It Is Pitch Dark
(The song is a reference to Zork.)

Interesting documentary but personally I don't have the patience for text adventures. When you spend 30 minutes trying to solve a puzzle only to find out you got it right the first 4 times, the author just wanted a really obtuse phrasing to the answer, the fun melts away. Or at least it does for me. I still have a soft spot for game books ("Choose Your Own Adventure") though, loved those things as a kid.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:19:31 AM by Ratty »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2013, 07:45:47 AM »
Interesting documentary about a largely forgotten era (and continuing indie genre) of gaming. The actual movie starts about 7 minutes into the video.
GET LAMP: The Text Adventure Documentary

Thinking I might get the DVD set as a Xmas gift for a friend who played and sang "It is Pitch Dark" for an annoyingly long time a while back.
MC Frontalot - It Is Pitch Dark
(The song is a reference to Zork.)

Interesting documentary but personally I don't have the patience for text adventures. When you spend 30 minutes trying to solve a puzzle only to find out you got it right the first 4 times, the author just wanted a really obtuse phrasing to the answer, the fun melts away. Or at least it does for me. I still have a soft spot for game books ("Choose Your Own Adventure") though, loved those things as a kid.
I loved choose your adventure as well. I recently went to a local Goodwill and found the full original collection of The Lone Wolf Series in mint condition and I bought them the instant I saw them. What's even cooler is that some programmer's have converted the books to play as standalone titles on my Nintendo DS!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2013, 07:48:31 AM »
I watched V.H.S for the first time. And I really enjoyed it! Probably going to watch the second one for sure now. I also caught the WB Animation The Dark Knight Returns 1 and 2. Prob the best Batman animated movie I have ever seen.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2013, 10:53:33 AM »
V.H.S. had some very interesting ideas going on.

Tags:

anything