Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime have you been watching?  (Read 18516 times)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
What anime have you been watching?
« on: April 24, 2011, 02:31:58 PM »
Me, I have been watching a lot of Sengoku Basara and Needless lately, both are fun watches. I also have been keeping up with Tiger and Bunny as well as Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn and both are excellent. Finally for the more "long winded shounen" anime, I have been keeping up with One Peice as well since I find it way more entertaining than Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater, ect. Have you guys been watching anime lately? If so, what are they?
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »
Samurai Champloo

It's rare for any anime to keep my attention nowadays (used to have a lot of favs).. maybe cuz i'm getting old, but I'll always appreciate quality stuff like Sam Champ (and Cowboy Bebop, ironically from the same creator)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: What anime have you been watching?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
Samurai Champloo

It's rare for any anime to keep my attention nowadays (used to have a lot of favs).. maybe cuz i'm getting old, but I'll always appreciate quality stuff like Sam Champ (and Cowboy Bebop, ironically from the same creator)
I love any series made by Watanabe, always great music, atmosphere, and especially animation/style.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »
as well as Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

I haven't watched any anime in a long time but absolutely love the Universal Century series of Gundam, and Wing. Anyways, I've been in the mood to watch me some Gundam lately, is Unicorn more like the older gundam, or more like the newer seed stuff?
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »
I haven't watched any anime in a long time but absolutely love the Universal Century series of Gundam, and Wing. Anyways, I've been in the mood to watch me some Gundam lately, is Unicorn more like the older gundam, or more like the newer seed stuff?

It's like any UC gundam series surprisingly, nothing like Gundam SeeD or 00(i am talking mostly bout' it's second season and the movie). Every fight scene is completely detailed with debris, machinery, ect. It looks VERY nice and it makes waiting half of a year for every episode worthwhile.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 06:28:19 PM »
Legend of Galactic Heroes 8)

Also, glad you're likin Unicorn darkjak my friend. :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
Currently watching The Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Seven episodes in and it's probably the most rad anime I've ever seen. Hope it continues to be this good till the end.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
Currently watching The Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Seven episodes in and it's probably the most rad anime I've ever seen. Hope it continues to be this good till the end.
It really does, definitely watch that and the other series. Though I don't recommend that you watch Macross 7 though, it's trash in my personal opinion compared to the original. Macross Frontier isn't my favorite either, kinda devoid of a few things that make the Macross series great but it is still worth watching.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
Sailor Moon, season 4. Almost done with the whole series. Other favs include Project A-ko, the newer Released Guyver series, watched season one of Magic knight Rayearth (still trying to find season two). Seen all of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. Growing up I also watched Astroboy and Thunderbirds 2086.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 08:10:57 PM »
I've seen Macross Plus probably a million billion times. Definitely my favorite anime, ever. (Should clarify that in my previous post, I meant The Super Dimension Fortress Macross is probably the raddest anime TV series I've ever seen.)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:02:46 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
Sailor Moon, season 4. Almost done with the whole series. Other favs include Project A-ko, the newer Released Guyver series, watched season one of Magic knight Rayearth (still trying to find season two). Seen all of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. Growing up I also watched Astroboy and Thunderbirds 2086.

-X

Ah yes, Sailor Moon. I can never get tired of watching SM. Certainly a classic. Also, the manga of Magic Knight Rayearth is better in my opinion, as they changed stuff around in the second season of the anime and plus, I just enjoyed the manga more for whatever reason. Good anime series though. Just don't look into the OVA of Magic Knight Rayearth. It's NOTHING like the anime or the manga, lol.

As for me, I've been thinking about finally watching Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R. Seeing as Slayers is one of my all-time favorite anime series, I really should watch those. I have Revolution on DVD...but during 2 different moves in a year's time span, I've lost one of the discs to it somehow. I plan to watch Baccano! first, seeing as my friend says it's the best anime ever. I'm sure it IS good judging by clips I've seen and what I've read, but... :rollseyes:

I would be watching some anime now, but college has been a ***** this semester. During the summer I plan to somewhat catch up on my anime and games. Hopefully this summer I can look into newer anime too. I've seen nothing but oldies lately, lol. Black Butler II (or Kuroshitsuji II) was the most recently released anime I've watched in a while (and that was a while ago).

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 02:48:19 AM »
The last anime that i have watched, was Queen's Blade.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 02:58:09 AM »
I stopped watching anime... I only really read manga nowadays, very rarely do I watch anime.

That said, if you guys like comedy, I highly recommend Nodame Cantabile. The manga, anime and live action are absolutely superb.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 03:34:42 AM »
The last anime that i have watched, was Queen's Blade.

Ha! I'll admit I've been watching this, veeeeeeeery sloooooooowly. It's difficult to get through more than one episode in a couple of weeks' span. It's really just a T&A anime with a few amusing quirks. I thought the first episode started off great, but it quickly became very dull. Still, it amuses me enough to want to finish it eventually.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 07:22:15 AM »
Puella Magi Madoka Magica finished airing recently, and I was along for the ride. Satisfying ending on top of an excellent series.

Tags:

anything