Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime have you been watching?  (Read 18518 times)

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
Devil may cry, Claymore, Black Butler, and right now Fullmetal Alchemist

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »
Devil may cry, Claymore, Black Butler, and right now Fullmetal Alchemist
ew, ew at the end, cool, which one? Brotherhood is the better version.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: What anime have you been watching?
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »
Eh the DMC anime was OK, kinda bland without much story though. Not that much effort really, Sengoku Basara was probably a better capcom anime in my opinion...
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 12:48:45 AM »
ew, ew at the end, cool, which one? Brotherhood is the better version.
I guess devil may cry could do better if it featured more lady and trish but bleh.
Claymore was good but kinda of corny if you know what I mean.
Black Butler was very interesting and funny.
Im only on the first Fullmetal Alchemist.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 03:06:04 AM »
You should skip the first Full Metal Alchemist altogether, imo. It's actually a remake, and not a sequel.
Claymore, i thought was very good until it deviated heavily from the manga and ends.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 06:23:17 AM »
You should skip the first Full Metal Alchemist altogether, imo. It's actually a remake, and not a sequel.
Claymore, i thought was very good until it deviated heavily from the manga and ends.
I just knew something was up with Claymore!!!
So I just watch Brotherhood?

Have netflix so it isn't a problem for me to a lot of animes like everyone does here.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 07:07:02 AM »
Brotherhood follows the manga's story right through to the end. The original anime does not, as the manga was still ongoing at the time it was made, thus it diverges at a certain point and does its own thing. I wouldn't say it's awful, but it's hard to top the "real" story.

Claymore's circumstances are similar, but as far as I remember, it only affects the ending. I'd recommend it anyway. You can always read the manga later.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 08:54:16 AM »
I stopped watching Claymore right at the battle up north wherever. because thats where it deviates and creates an ending.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »
Does it really matter that an anime series differs from the manga? The Hellsing TV series differs quite a lot, and that kicks the shit out of the OVA series which does follow real closely the manga.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 10:07:33 AM »
That's crazy talk. The only thing it has over the OVA is Yasushi Ishii's music. It's a premier example of a studio going nuts with their own boring ideas when they run out of source material to work with. The same thing could've happened with the first FMA adaptation, but Bones turned it into a pretty neat alternate version of the story. I believe Arakawa was consulted to some degree, so that probably helped too.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
Does it really matter that an anime series differs from the manga? The Hellsing TV series differs quite a lot, and that kicks the shit out of the OVA series which does follow real closely the manga.

You're kidding right? The TV series sucks in comparison to the OVA. The only thing that really sucked about the OVA was the release schedule. That said, it does not matter that it differs from the manga, but 99 times out of 100, it sucks in comparison. I actually liked the first FMA, but it got shitty real fast, that it became unbearable for me to watch. That was even before I found out it differed from the manga.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 05:14:30 AM »
I love the Hellsing TV show and like the direction they took it in. Ultimate is pretty cool too, but in my opinion all it really has over the show is a higher budget. I think given what they had, the show actually has better art and animation considering. It's just a cooler show with much better talent behind it. Buuuut, I know I'm in the minority, "has no Nazi vampires," yaddayadda. Despite being a fan of the manga, that weird Incognito guy is way more interesting to me.

And yeah, there's also the music too, of course, which helps add to the stylish awesomeness of the show.

URP, NOPE, I'M JUST KIDDING, HURP DURP DURP DURP

Of course I'm not fucking kidding, sass-mouth. ;)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 05:22:03 AM »
That's crazy talk. The only thing it has over the OVA is Yasushi Ishii's music. It's a premier example of a studio going nuts with their own boring ideas when they run out of source material to work with.

I'll excuse your shitty opinion for the simple fact you have a Sigh reference under your name. :o

;)

Winks make it all better, right? Though I'd be better with wanks. C'mere, youse guys!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:50 AM »
oh good, you're kidding.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 05:27:56 AM »
HAW HAW

No, but for serialz, I just have better opinions. :o As such, I tend to frequently butt heads with the layfolk and plebes.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything